Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

no but the ECB did something that has been over looked, a 3 year refinancing facility which means eur banks can buy sov debt and post it as collateral for discount rates. wont fix **** but it takes the heat off the banks for now.

Welcome back man - where you been? I thought you went to Nepal to rediscover yourself

Welcome back man - where you been? I thought you went to Nepal to rediscover yourself

You mean like Batman returns. Much faster, stronger and better than before. :)

On a side note NR where do you get all these useful pieces of information from - which is really great. (y)

On a side note NR where do you get all these useful pieces of information from - which is really great. (y)

The buy stops above 1270 are pretty evident - what I'm intrigued about is the 'spark' bit..........

I also haven't seen 'good' evidence of support yet either although when I do see it, I'll flip to being long (which is why I'm still short)

usually from guys in the pits through my broker, or from my own research.

food for thought, a few people have mentioned fade the heard and be short. yet almost everyone on here is calling for lower prices, so who exactly is this heard? and how do you know there long? sure your not the heard?

The buy stops above 1270 are pretty evident - what I'm intrigued about is the 'spark' bit..........

I also haven't seen 'good' evidence of support yet either although when I do see it, I'll flip to being long (which is why I'm still short)

on support atm, if we get another dip down 1238's are good

usually from guys in the pits through my broker, or from my own research.

food for thought, a few people have mentioned fade the heard and be short. yet almost everyone on here is calling for lower prices, so who exactly is this heard? and how do you know there long? sure your not the heard?

LOL - possibly.

Seriously though NM, since Black Friday low, there has been no establishment of value to the downside - or do you think the 1230 area after the Draghi sell-off was enough? Personally I don't think so yet.......

You actually trading NM or you putting in a special guest appearance?

on support atm, if we get another dip down 1238's are good

crossed post - so you reckon Friday's Low/Open was where it's at then.....I could see it was busy on the open and there was a bitch fight going on but towards the end of day, it just felt like another lacklustre move again....

will let you know if im right! lol

drahgi's low bounced exactly off the bottom of the bear sterans collapse futures low 22 jan 2008, as well as recent daily highs from aug 31 and 17 oct

also one little insider tip i will let you in on.. (jeez im nice)

the week before options exp, if a low is made on the thurs or the fri it ussualy indicates a rally into exp. made the low on thurs. also the statistics show most of this week as more likely to be up days over the last 50 years or so.

plus a ton of other **** you can find for yourself lol

tbh, I would be watching the Friday low today simply because I'm expecting a test to the downside today under volume given what else I can see on chart/volume/mystical voodoo/etc

You're right though - it just needs to get within a whiff of 1270 and we're away though.....

"Our view? Get your Bull Hats on were going up. First today is the busiest shipping day of the year for FedEx. Secondly, the Monday before the Triple Witching has been up 7 out of the last 10 occasions. Then we have the mid-month re-balance where the mutual / investment funds buy small cap stocks at mid-month, next is the December Triple Witching week has the S&P up 21 of the last 26 occasions and lastly the December Triple Witching Friday has the S&P up 20 out of the last 28 occasions.

Can you say “BUY STOPS?” Based on the current price action we are looking for “Mutual Fund Monday” It could be that the SPH is faces with some early weakness. If the SPH opens sharply lower we learn to buy the open or the first 2 to 4 handle drop. One way or the other they take out the stops this week above 1261 in the SPH.As always PLEASE use stops and keep an eye on the 10 handle rule…"

just now from the boys in the pit

That's not going down any further is it lol - there is some serious hoovering up going on right now.

My 1207 looks bad now. Good job I don't trade this way.

average = 1246
wt average = 1250

up = 6
down = 8

highest = 1300
lowest = 1124

game on