Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Lakhan, good call my friend

according to my analysis unless Eur/usd breaks 1.4770 ...oil will hold

I have 78.6 and 78.9 as potential buying opportunities in oil with price target 80.8, 81.3, and possibly $82 .....

Oil is holding well amidst equity sell off......positive sign

can i kindly ask you to post a chart on oil and please give us all an insight to the variables you utilise in order to make your decision

this thread is more about why you make your decisions, I have stopped posting live trades now as people want to learn how you derive your decision

keep an eye on this folks

sideways bar .......

are we building a base in order to propel higher ....

or are going to fail

Attachments

• US Light Crude (DEC-09).png
    US Light Crude (DEC-09).png
    20.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
fake break out in eur/usd

everything looking good so far for oil , coupled with a rebound in equity prices in europe and US futures

I expect a rise initially in US and then sell off will ensue

I expect sp500 to close the gap up to 1065 and then sell off .........
Nasdaq is different............a potential rise to 1728 and then sell off

very surprised with ftse breach of 5170 and it hit my stop loss @ 5160 today

gap fill on both sp500 and nasdaq and we fail

new home sales dissapoint!!!

can you please explain what that means in terms of our variables...........because technical analysis ignores the news????

how do you experienced hedge fund traders react?

Good number = please explain what the reaction t currencies, oil and equities should be ?

bad number= please explain what the reaction t currencies, oil and equities should be ?

Mr Lakhan, good call my friend

according to my analysis unless Eur/usd breaks 1.4770 ...oil will hold

I have 78.6 and 78.9 as potential buying opportunities in oil with price target 80.8, 81.3, and possibly $82 .....

Oil is holding well amidst equity sell off......positive sign

can i kindly ask you to post a chart on oil and please give us all an insight to the variables you utilise in order to make your decision

this thread is more about why you make your decisions, I have stopped posting live trades now as people want to learn how you derive your decision

the analysis above still holds

eur/usd .....1.4770

oil 78.6 ............

key levels break of either will cause liquidation in both

we hold and then we fly higher with ferocity and the market fly's

sp500 ............ 1055 key level in the interim

hit gap fill and then failed beautifully and brought market down with it

keep following these levels folks

Thats correct techincal analysis is all good when things are quiet and markets not so volatile. But on any surprise news, it all goes out of the window (for a while at least). Markets may slowly recover back to the early afternoon levels.

In todays case analysts were expecting 445,000 of new homes to be sold last month in the US, the figure we got today was 402,000 - much lower than expected.

When important news is expected to come out and we believe it could potentially surprise the market, we normally hedge our positions and close the necessary positions depending if we believe market has over-reacted more than it should have. You have to make really quick decisions.

can you please explain what that means in terms of our variables...........because technical analysis ignores the news????

how do you experienced hedge fund traders react?

Good number = please explain what the reaction t currencies, oil and equities should be ?

bad number= please explain what the reaction t currencies, oil and equities should be ?

Bad number = Dollar and Yen normally goes up and all pairing currencies go down, Commodities including Oil and Gold go down, If it is bad news from US - Equities worldwide go down, if it is bad news in say poor Italian GDP data, only the italian currency and equities would fall (not so important).

Opposite applies on good numbers.

Watch for oil in next few minutes.

futures are different to cash ........

5100 on futures is not the same as 5100 on the cash ............ask your broker for the proper figure on futures i think there is a 20-30 point disparity

OK. My understanding of the contract was wrong! I thought the trade would remain open up until last day of the Dec contract. Didnt realise it would get closed on a daily basis.

Well -30pips there at a minimum £pp.

Not sure if this would be any of relevance...a breakout of daily TF trend?

Attachments

• 281009.jpg
    281009.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 123
All those days when we kept shorting. FTSE never gaveup, finally when we started going with the trend, its down. Why am I still thinking about buying? :)

All those days when we kept shorting. FTSE never gaveup, finally when we started going with the trend, its down. Why am I still thinking about buying? :)

Know how you feel! I saw 5130 as a possible downmove based on a couple of fib levels and still took a long position today.

I think I've programmed myself to look for the turn and keep getting caught.

Trying a new entry strategy based on simple trend lines and MA's but old habbits die hard......

Any views on where we go tomorrow morning? I cant help feeling that we should see a bounce, unless something dreadful happens overnight in ASIA. The daily FTSE is now so far below the 20ma. Any views?

Any views on where we go tomorrow morning? I cant help feeling that we should see a bounce, unless something dreadful happens overnight in ASIA. The daily FTSE is now so far below the 20ma. Any views?

5095 and 5046 are two gap fill levels of importance ..............we took out 5095 like it was of no importance(sp500 closed the massive gap) and now the only level left is 5046 ......

I am currently long with 5030 stop loss

i am also long nasdaq with 1660 stop loss

Status
Not open for further replies.