Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha! excellent...not quite the educative information i was expecting on WS's thread this morning but absolutely fascinating non the less! :cheesy:

WS said sabahul khayr, is this exactly the same as subah bakhair?

(sorry for diverting the thread into an arabic lesson btw!)

It is not Hindi/Urdu MR Blix, there are several ways to pronounce it depending on your dialect

I am currently studying Arabic under a Syrian teacher at present

Arabic (N Africa, Middle East) Sabaah al-khayr
Arabic (Egypt) SabaaH el kheer
Arabic (Egypt) [answer] SabaaH el nuur
Arabic (Egypt) Sabar el rir
Arabic (Lebanon) Sabah el-khayr
Arabic (Morocco) Sbah lkhir

Urdu came from Farsi(persian), persian came from Arabic...........

hence the reason why several words may sound the same

back to trading now chaps

papak, are you going to take positions before the US data at 13:30 or will you wait to see how they pan out?

Since VIX is down (atm), I have a feeling, there will be stupid upward bias before we get out of this holiday bulls honeymoon period.

Man what contract size are you trading? and with which broker. IG's contact size is like 600 quid per point or somethng.

hi. i'm not trading vola derivative. long butterfly sometime, never shorted put dotm or stuff. just using as macro indicator.

aah, interesting WS!

sorry again for the spam.

just thought i'd post this, looks like a more volatile recovery than 2003.

Attachments

• recovery.png
    recovery.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 106
i was prattling on when i first joined this thread about the parallels with 1938 Dow chart and the 2009 chart.

really interesting, if you look at the weekly FTSE data, you see the march '09 low was support from 1994!!

something to remember for the next crash in 2020 fellas...

i'll be sorely disappointed if i don't hear of every single one of you (myself included) making an absolute fortune from the next crash!

papak, are you going to take positions before the US data at 13:30 or will you wait to see how they pan out?

Since VIX is down (atm), I have a feeling, there will be stupid upward bias before we get out of this holiday bulls honeymoon period.

Will short at 4857 even if we get there before the news.
Yesterdays news wasnt great and often a precursor for NFP.

Sorry to interrupt with some trading stuff guys :cheesy:

I have FTSE resistance at 4857 (50% retrace from down move) and 4864 (23% retrace from whole up move).
Will sell at this region if we get there with stop at 4872.
Think yesterday and today is an ABC retracement before we go further down again.

Pretty much what I'm looking out for (basing off dailies) , just waiting for market to confirm/disprove the theory. 60M at the mo doesn't seem to be suggesting ABC right now though, so I'm watching how that pans out.

Meant to ask the other day, what/who did you base you time/cycle work on . I use it a lot myself , mine was initially based on bressert (power oscillator/cycle combinations).

arguments for and against

rise -

1. broken downsloping trend line
2. all 3 MA - 20, 50 ,100 pointing upwards
3. bull flag on hourly ...target 4900

fall

1. prev support = resistance @ 4850
2. fib retrace of 50% from recent high 4941 to low 4773
3. double top intraday ?

which way will it go chaps

please put your theories/analysis forward

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (03-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (03-SEP-09).png
    21.9 KB · Views: 101
arguments for and against

rise -

1. broken downsloping trend line
2. all 3 MA - 20, 50 ,100 pointing upwards
3. bull flag on hourly ...target 4900

fall

1. prev support = resistance @ 4850
2. fib retrace of 50% from recent high 4941 to low 4773
3. double top intraday ?

which way will it go chaps

please put your theories/analysis forward

Hey ws,

Have you put buy and sell stops either side? I am looking at buy stop at 4855 and sell stop at 4844.

Your thoughts?

:)

Hey ws,

Have you put buy and sell stops either side? I am looking at buy stop at 4855 and sell stop at 4844.

Your thoughts?

good idea .......

I have tried it on a few occasions .......it works 70-80% of time due to volatility!

but watch out for the volatility prior to job release

good idea .......

I have tried it on a few occasions .......it works 70-80% of time due to volatility!

but watch out for the volatility prior to job release

Buy stop filled at 4855.

Out at 4864 - +9pnts - getting a bit close to the news for my liking!

Plus i see resistance aroung 64 -67 level - so either retracement or fall back.

Last edited:
Hey ws,

Your thoughts?

Sorry to sound stupid but how does this work. The way i look at it you are in a narrow 11 point range? i would really appreciate you explanation. For what its worth I am long the DAX, and have been since yesterday evening, as US futures point to a higher start, and as WS pointed out in an earlier post, perhaps some people know what the 1.30 figures are likely to be before the rest of us!!![/I]

Sorry to sound stupid but how does this work. The way i look at it you are in a narrow 11 point range? i would really appreciate you explanation. For what its worth I am long the DAX, and have been since yesterday evening, as US futures point to a higher start, and as WS pointed out in an earlier post, perhaps some people know what the 1.30 figures are likely to be before the rest of us!!![/I]

Hello,
I hope you close your long before the NFP at 1;30 because i am going short!!
considering the ADP report and yesterday's Job report, i think the NFP or the jobless rate
will be worse than expected.
Just my own thoughts

Happy Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.