Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be any interest in posting some longer term trades here, I am trading with some big traders and some meaty positions around sp,nas, russell.

We have been long mostly since mid mar(ok I know that sounds lame, but you can logon to the site and check them historically!) - and now continue to be bullish stocks.

Don't want to upset any applecarts, so will ask first.

Thanks guys,

yes my friend

I would certainly like a swing traders perspective as it always gives you a birds eye view

Gold

Glad to contribute ... thank you.

FLAT DOLLAR HALTING OIL BUT NOT GOLD
Strange occurance to see gold rallying with a flat dollar. There could be something bigger going on with gold as seasonality traits are good for gold, but this move is huge the past two days. The upticking dollar is keeping the other commodities and inflationary plays in check.

uup%209_3_09.bmp

in the money stocks
and others
a p/f veiw of uup
omk61.jpg

good for a basing pattern.there is a base column that can give an upward projection ,which i have marked.this give a price target of 24.65.it needs to break b ove 23.7 res to be active

Mornig all!
Yesterday the markets paused as expected. Today will be crucial. Do we go up a bit more? Or do we go down? If we go down again we could go down very hard.
good luck all today!

Sabahul Khayr = good morning in Arabic

contemplate this chaps

" Markets Trade Flat Until 3:30pm ET When The Jump Higher...Does This Mean A Good Jobs Report?
By InTheMoneyStocks.com on September 3rd, 2009 5:32pm Eastern Time
The market traded the lighest volume of the year. With this, the markets were flat for the day going into the 3:30pm ET time frame. Then, as if someone or some people knew the Employment Data results tomorrow, the markets started to run higher. A buy program hit, closing the markets near their highs. Could this mean a positive Employment number tomorrow? We have seen this before. The Unemployment number to hit tomorrow is 9.5%. That is what the market expects. General thoughts are losses of 200,000 - 250,000 jobs for last month. This would show continued slowing in job losses and could set us up for a rally tomorrow. Tomorrow will have very light volume starting around 10:30am ET, as most traders will be leaving early for the long holiday weekend. Watch gold tomorrow as it came into the $1,000 resistance today. That is a solid resistance level. Keep an eye on the dollar as well. Dollar higher usually means market lower and vice versa. Late in the day, the move up was headed by the financials, this could also show us signs of a positive jobs number tomorrow. Should the jobs number come in with a loss of 300,000 or more, expect a lower market. 200,000 or lower, should cause a rally, while between 200,000 and 300,000 could mean a neutral day."

so much for laissez fare, free markets and capitalism

Last edited:
ftse chart still looks bearish

anybody have anything different?

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (03-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (03-SEP-09).png
    21.3 KB · Views: 111
£Y nice break from channel on daily.

8.30 Long 15150 closed +24. i was out but iphone to the rescue. Off to the 1 day at the oval. Good trading to you all.

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_JPY (04-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX GBP_JPY (04-SEP-09).png
    21.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Good morning chaps, did,t catch this early rally and not here to trade this afternoon so i believe this will be a long weekend for me then. anybody short?

sabahul khayr gentlemen,

hope everyone has a good day today. let's see what 13.30 brings :)

I am expecting a downward dip looking to buy at 476ish region. Also, same for SPX at 994 region.

Folks, keep an eye on VIX around 13:30.

Subah bakhair blix. Damn, this thread has got more desis than I would have imagined.

:LOL:...i was just copying WS's 'good morning'...i have no idea what 'desis' is (or are!) and i have no idea what subah bakhair means either!

i'm german/english descent, with a typical british ignorance of almost all other languages other than my own :eek:

EDIT:

and what's a coconut?!

(or do we really want to know? :eek:)

:LOL:...i was just copying WS's 'good morning'...i have no idea what 'desis' is (or are!) and i have no idea what subah bakhair means either!

i'm german/english descent, with a typical british ignorance of almost all other languages other than my own :eek:

EDIT:

and what's a coconut?!

(or do we really want to know? :eek:)

hahahah its alright then mate. Desi is actually a term for south asian folks. Coconut is a term for those desis who don't know that they are desis (ie, too much detached from their own culture).

No sweat brother. :clap:

subah bakhair means good morning :smart:

haha! excellent...not quite the educative information i was expecting on WS's thread this morning but absolutely fascinating non the less! :cheesy:

WS said sabahul khayr, is this exactly the same as subah bakhair?

(sorry for diverting the thread into an arabic lesson btw!)

haha! excellent...not quite the educative information i was expecting on WS's thread this morning but absolutely fascinating non the less! :cheesy:

WS said sabahul khayr, is this exactly the same as subah bakhair?

(sorry for diverting the thread into an arabic lesson btw!)

Lol, pretty much the same. Btw, its Urdu/Hindi, not arabic :)

Sorry to interrupt with some trading stuff guys :cheesy:

I have FTSE resistance at 4857 (50% retrace from down move) and 4864 (23% retrace from whole up move).
Will sell at this region if we get there with stop at 4872.
Think yesterday and today is an ABC retracement before we go further down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.