Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example FTSE just bounced off 38% line from larger swing. see chart below.

Attachments

• FTSE 2sept09.jpg
    FTSE 2sept09.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 95
free call

FREE CALLS>>sell silver at 14.97 sl 15.10 tgt 14.72
sell eur/usd at 14260 sl 14290 tgt 14218-14150

rest given to clients

Hi Splitlink,
Your chart is looking at shorter timeframes. I normally combine Fib with time cycles. In the chart I showed earlier we go 2/3 days down and then we hit a fib level > good chance we bounce off it.
The problem with fibs is like you say how do you know which one to take? There is not an easy answr for this. It depends on market state (choppy or trending), elliot wave structure etc. Can be a study in itself.
The one thing I think could help a lot of people here is to look at larger timeframes and plot fib lines from there. That could give you good points where a market might turn or halt on a day.
Hope this helps (probably not much?)
papak

Hope this helps (probably not much?)

Please don't say that! I'll have to pay closer attention to your post,later. Thanks a lot

I've spent a fair amount of time studying Fibs and had discarded them, but I saw your post. I'll do as you suggest and look at other time frames.

blix: I expect better ISM numbers and as mentioned in earlier post. Whenevr futures indicate a lower open (ie, out of hours decline), at the US open they rush upwards even if its temporary.

is this right does this happen how long have you seen this happen london lad

s500
could be starting a mini bull swing
5 min data

jagbiv.png

needs to break above 1002 for the upper price target to be active of 1014

Dentist: 997 is current price. Way down the uptrend of blue line. What makes you think it will be bullish? retracement?

the last signal was a double-top breakout.that makes the chart bullish
the last column of "x" s is the anchor column...possibly
if it breaks above this column.the price target is active
if you look at the chart,we had a succession of double- bottoms.then the last signal was a double-top
so the chart maybe getting bullish

if it breaks below 992,then the whole bullish scenario is void
so we watch that range
hope this explains it

is it just me, or is that a double bottom on the FTSE today?

bit of bullish osc div on there too.

Last edited:
is it just me, or is that a double bottom on the FTSE today?

bit of bullish osc div on there too.

yes my friend but also double top @ 4816

BP ruled the roost today

oil sector showed strength as soon as the BP news came out otherwise this market would have been hammered with oil price skidding to $67

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (02-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (02-SEP-09).png
    20.8 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.