Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papak, I recall you saying last week that we were due to keep rising until middle of this week when we could expect a fall.

I hope you keep polishing the crystal ball...

:)

FTSE chart ............

bounce @ 4785

previous resistance now = support

Euro data @ 10am could also give a lift

support on
BP @ 515
BHP billiton @1490 -1520 region
barc @ 355
mks @ 336 - 338

DAX also has support @ 5250 -5270 region

oil has support @ 67.8 region

EURO holding up well

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (02-SEP-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (02-SEP-09).png
    19.4 KB · Views: 124
I will certainly short again after enjoying the little rise upto 4800 ....

I will look to short at gap down level 4815 .........stop loss 4840

target 4760 -4740

pound jumping after PMI data

FTSE chart ............

bounce @ 4785

previous resistance now = support

Euro data @ 10am could also give a lift

support on
BP @ 515
BHP billiton @1490 -1520 region
barc @ 355
mks @ 336 - 338

DAX also has support @ 5250 -5270 region

oil has support @ 67.8 region

EURO holding up well

BP jumps to 525 on new oil exploration find

good morning everyone,

Never use a Market order with IG they always seem to screw you out of 2-4 points

BPO resistance 536 = market resistance

Attachments

• BP Plc (02-SEP-09).png
    BP Plc (02-SEP-09).png
    22.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
In the ideal world of time cycles the market should pause / retrace a bit for 1 or 2 days before going further down. I will probably stay on the sidelinest and watch price action.

SP500 has retraced 61% of last upmove in 2 days! See chart. Break of 17 Aug low will mean the whole rally is over and we crash down again.

FTSE only retraced not even 50%, 13 Aug resistance turned support (see chart) so FTSE has some catching up to do..

This morning I was a bit too clever for my own good and got stopped out of a short trade by trading, what I thought was, a pullback.

So I have been thinking about Fib lines in trading and have reproduced what I did and included Fib lines, although I was not using them, at the time

Noticing your charts, I am including my own trading for this morning and would like your view (and anyone else's) on what I did. To put it bluntly, my stop was too close, although I have a low tolerance for stops that are too far away. That happens. :( but how could Fibs have got me out of trouble, please?

Would anyone care to show me how I could have, successfully, entered a short position by using them?

It seems to me with Fibs, that the 38% and the 80% were valid turning points. How to tell which one?

Attachments

• DibujoSep2.JPG
    DibujoSep2.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 99
This morning I was a bit too clever for my own good and got stopped out of a short trade by trading, what I thought was, a pullback.

So I have been thinking about Fib lines in trading and have reproduced what I did and included Fib lines, although I was not using them, at the time

Noticing your charts, I am including my own trading for this morning and would like your view (and anyone else's) on what I did. To put it bluntly, my stop was too close, although I have a low tolerance for stops that are too far away. That happens. :( but how could Fibs have got me out of trouble, please?

Would anyone care to show me how I could have, successfully, entered a short position by using them?

It seems to me with Fibs, that the 38% and the 80% were valid turning points. How to tell which one?

Hi Splitlink,
Your chart is looking at shorter timeframes. I normally combine Fib with time cycles. In the chart I showed earlier we go 2/3 days down and then we hit a fib level > good chance we bounce off it.
The problem with fibs is like you say how do you know which one to take? There is not an easy answr for this. It depends on market state (choppy or trending), elliot wave structure etc. Can be a study in itself.
The one thing I think could help a lot of people here is to look at larger timeframes and plot fib lines from there. That could give you good points where a market might turn or halt on a day.
Hope this helps (probably not much?)
papak

Status
Not open for further replies.