Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
4695 short. 15 SL.
4700 is a 61.8% Fib reversal based on ydays high and todays low. BoE sending out a pretty bearish message and general buying sentiment running low. Also round number monster malarkey.

Can we head to 4500? This would be a 38.2% fib reversal based on the low of July 13th to the high of yesterday. Its quite possible we can head to this level whilst the markets regroup and buying pressure builds up again.

:)
We've had a 2nd attempt to break 4700 which fell considerably short and it looks like the hourly bar will form a pin bar and it did not exceed the high of the previous bar. As a result I've amended stop to B/E.

:)

Contemplating a buy above yesterday's hgh as yesterday is a putative swing low.

Being as I've been a bit of a k*ob with my stop levels I'm in a Nasdaq trade at 1597. Will move to BE asap. Have a stop order above the high of yesterday so if all goes to plan I'll be scaling in to a winning psotion....fingers crossed....:p

Stop on intial trade amended to 1603

Second entry triggered at 1618 so now long at an average of 1607.5

Last edited:
Being as I've been a bit of a k*ob with my stop levels I'm in a Nasdaq trade at 1597. Will move to BE asap. Have a stop order above the high of yesterday so if all goes to plan I'll be scaling in to a winning psotion....fingers crossed....:p

Stop on intial trade amended to 1603

Second entry triggered at 1618 so now long at an average of 1607.5

First trade closed at 1615 :clap:

I think I have found a new system, US 10yr note yield as a trigger for FTSE100 long

anyone interested?

Last edited:
Higher yield on 10yr note is bullish for markets,..

SD so when the US 10yr yields get wider, FTSE goes up?

use RSI5 on the 10yr note 10min chart, when RSI crosses above 35, place a buy stop on the high of the ftse 10min bar.

London Lad have u been using the RSI5 today ?

No. Been real busy today. My understanding of RSI5 is go long when:

RSI5 is above 35 pointing upside and
WilliamsR5 is near 90ish pointing upside

Right?

Nope RSI5 use ONLY the RSI reading..when RSI crosses from below...

No. Been real busy today. My understanding of RSI5 is go long when:

RSI5 is above 35 pointing upside and
WilliamsR5 is near 90ish pointing upside

Right?

...35 to above 35 place a buy stop 4pts above the 10min bar which led to the crossing above 35.

Thats it.

If you are on Skype I am happy to go through it.

Am at work :(

Will catch you next time on skype. but really in laymans term.

Use RSI period 5 on 10M chart, then when RSI goes under the line and comes back up, wait till it reaches 35, then buy 4 points above that candle's top? Also, buy at 4 points above candle's shadow's top or its body's top?

the High of the candle, top of the body..

Am at work :(

Will catch you next time on skype. but really in laymans term.

Use RSI period 5 on 10M chart, then when RSI goes under the line and comes back up, wait till it reaches 35, then buy 4 points above that candle's top? Also, buy at 4 points above candle's shadow's top or its body's top?

....I use RSI , some programs have Wilders RSI i think its pretty much the same

Look forward to hearing from you.

Whipsaw Wednesday Shows How Wacky The Markets Can Be On Fed Day
By InTheMoneyStocks.com on August 12th, 2009 5:02pm Eastern Time

The markets sold off after the FOMC Policy Statement. As noted by the InTheMoneyStocks Chief Market Strategists, the that sell off was suspect because the 10 minute chart and 60 minute chart was nailing, major insane support levels. This told them that unless the markets closed below that level at 100.50, the markets had an upside bias and could possibly see the highs again. Sure enough, the markets soared, making new highs. At that point, tails on the tops of the candles signaled a major battle between longs and shorts. The tails on the tops of the candles showed the sellers were beginning to win the battle. As the Chief Market Strategists tell their pro traders and Research Center subscribers, when that is seen, usually a fall will follow. Sure enough, the market collapsed back down to the previous 100.50 level on the SPY prior to a small bounce into the close. This was a wild day to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-uwRzDl8_U&feature=channel_page

Last edited:
from Ashraf Laidi

2009.08.12 14:54: THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE FOMC statement was the assertion that it will gradually slow the pace of these transactions and anticipates that the full amount will be purchased by the end of October. The US dollar is already stabilizing from its intraday retreat after the FOMC revealed its plans for a slower pace of treasury purchases by delaying the conclusion of its purchases in October from the originally planned September. As we mentioned throughout the week, the stabilizing dollar will gain a fresh boost from the combination of prolonged retreat in commodities and equities (equities will ignore the Feds discreet upgrade of the economic conditions and instead grow more nervousness over the slower injection of liquidity into the system). As was seen in previous payrolls reports, the case of positive dollar response is expected to be followed by a gradual retreat in equities. And only once equities display a more significant case of risk aversion will the JPY join the dollar in extending gains vs EUR, GBP, CAD, CHF, AUD and NZD.

is anybody using metatrader out there.i need to know what data sources are avilable for stocks and indices
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.