Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
leo, do you set your stops using volatility or ATR?

i know bugger all about it, but have a look at these...i must say, they are in my 'to read' box (i haven't quite got round to looking at them properly :whistling)

they both go together...hope they are some use.

Attachments

• Setting Stops by Volatility.doc
    23 KB · Views: 274
  • ATR & POSITION SIZE.xls
    34 KB · Views: 128
:)

Yeah I think I'm starting to realise that. Been offered a decent job today, which will mean that I won't be able to watch charts all day (at least not until I've saved up enough to really commit and do this full time). So I'm going to have to swing trade for a while, or just trade on my days off (or both). Maybe individual shares, or forex would be better than indicies...

yes focus on shares my friend

:)

Yeah I think I'm starting to realise that. Been offered a decent job today, which will mean that I won't be able to watch charts all day (at least not until I've saved up enough to really commit and do this full time). So I'm going to have to swing trade for a while, or just trade on my days off (or both). Maybe individual shares, or forex would be better than indicies...

Hey Leo, sorry to read about was has happened today. Hang in there my friend we are all here for you!

(y)

:) Thanks all. I'm not too disheartened. I'm still determined to crack this and certain that I will, someday.

Blix, I determine my stops usually by S/R levels (which are rarely that far from my entry), or by taking the high (short)/ low (long) of a candle and adding/subtracting about 4 pips. This is because if something is making a higher high when I'm short or a lower low (long) then it would indicate that my analysis/position is wrong.
Thanks for the links though, interesting stuff (y)

:) Thanks all. I'm not too disheartened. I'm still determined to crack this and certain that I will, someday.

Blix, I determine my stops usually by S/R levels (which are rarely that far from my entry), or by taking the high (short)/ low (long) of a candle and adding/subtracting about 4 pips. This is because if something is making a higher high when I'm short or a lower low (long) then it would indicate that my analysis/position is wrong.
Thanks for the links though, interesting stuff (y)

Hey Leo, glad to here you are not too down and neither should you be. I believe you have a real grasp of all this malarky and thus it is often when we get close to becoming proficient or accomplished at something that something inexplicable happens. It is often from analysis of these inexplicables that we truly learn and make an even bigger advancement than we thought possible.

Keep on trucking!:cheesy:

IMO

Markets!

This US market is as annoying as the UK this morning! I thought i had a grasp of its direction and then my indicators turn on me again.

I´m going to find someone elses dog to walk.

See all later.:)

key level for eur/gbp - just about to touch daily TL.

Are you still long Minch?

I will short the touch of this TL.

Sorry Geofract, for not getting back to you till now, had to go out, Ive just picked this up.

Yes Im still long, I will have a look at it, its in profit, nearly reached the 0.8600 pivot.

Moved stop to B/E

Ive got to shoot back out again, lol

I will get back to you when I get in.

DAX chart

Attachments

• Germany 30 Daily Cash (30-JUN-09).png
    Germany 30 Daily Cash (30-JUN-09).png
    21.3 KB · Views: 142
Sorry Geofract, for not getting back to you till now, had to go out, Ive just picked this up.

Yes Im still long, I will have a look at it, its in profit, nearly reached the 0.8600 pivot.

Moved stop to B/E

Ive got to shoot back out again, lol

I will get back to you when I get in.

Ok Mate, let me know what you make of it. To me the move up today really lacked momentum, but that's not to say I've made a good call. In fact, most of mine are ****!

ftse...eod data
now for many this will look as a big res area.however,this was many columns to one side,so has to be discounted in part.there is an upward horizontal ox count of 4500 ish.downside 4000 ish

Attachments

• no confusion.jpg
    no confusion.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 96
Ok back now Geofract, Ive closed out now @ 0.8588 for 28 pips, which is your short entry.

My target was 0.8600, I want to see how it reacts in this area, so happy to lock in the profit at this point.

G/L with your short, could be a good play back into the range.

Ok back now Geofract, Ive closed out now @ 0.8588 for 28 pips, which is your short entry.

My target was 0.8600, I want to see how it reacts in this area, so happy to lock in the profit at this point.

G/L with your short, could be a good play back into the range.

Bugger, I didn't want to put you off your position, as like I said I could easily be wrong. Just wanted to check you were aware of the daily TL, that's all. Quick, open it again! :)

Can I ask, is it the low levels of retracement that makes the trade look good to you on the long side?

Bugger, I didn't want to put you off your position, as like I said I could easily be wrong. Just wanted to check you were aware of the daily TL, that's all. Quick, open it again! :)

Can I ask, is it the low levels of retracement that makes the trade look good to you on the long side?

:LOL: Its always been a problem of mine, holding for the longer term.

Not really, although I try and enter on pullbacks and bounces in line with the trend.

I concentrate on playing the levels, Eur/gbp had a good push up yesterday, and it looked a good bet today to continue up to Res at 0.8600.

Status
Not open for further replies.