Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
so my understanding is WS that when you want to trade short term ie anywhere from - 15- 60 mins u use the 10 min time frame indicator.
But if you are trading usuing a 1 hour time frame then u intend to stay in that trade maybe for up to even the full trading day?

thanks

so my understanding is WS that when you want to trade short term ie anywhere from - 15- 60 mins u use the 10 min time frame indicator.
But if you are trading usuing a 1 hour time frame then u intend to stay in that trade maybe for up to even the full trading day?

thanks

yes I suppose you could say that

I have profit target of 25-30 points(hence 25-30 stop loss), and then i have a manual trailing stop loss in order to squeeze more than 25-30 points if the trade goes in my favour ...

but some times i may just take 5- 10-15 -20 points if i believe that my analysis was wrong and a new variable has come in to my equation that i had not accounted for .......

there is no predetermined system, you have to move with these volatile markets

tick data
4 point box size.3 reversal

Attachments

• s3jun.gif
    s3jun.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 109
morning all,

asian markets up...i may have been right about that bear pennant. also massive osc div on the out of ours data b 4 opening.

long 4448 i might have to close it early as i've already lost some points bottom picking

pivot is 4458

Morning all, I reckon if we can close this 8am candle (1hr) lower than 4440, or even 4454 then it could set the tone for the day me thinks.

Ah, SD, was it you who was wondering about setting trading times on the new IG charts? Just stumbled across it, click the "ITCharts" window then options, its right at the bottom :)

long 4448 i might have to close it early as i've already lost some points bottom picking

pivot is 4458

well thats me out for today...2 bad calls trying to bottom pick, going against a downtrend that i was predicting myself...insane.

LeoE thanks, But I use GTC "good till cancelled" if data is coming out at 3pm i set cancel orders for 3.03mins

Good evening Dr Blix..........sorry hear that my friend, you will have a better day tomorrow I can assure you

I am still in the short camp until S&P rises above 950

FTSE struggling at 4500

I am looking at taking out a short on EUR and GBP as US dollar looking to put in a bottom after all the selling

Good morning chaps ........

my limit order got triggered @ 4420 ........ limit orders can work against you at times as I could have made more profit!!

my EUR/USD trade is doing well and I have amended it to break even

4400 should hold ............as 200 MA !!

otherwise 4465 next target

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    20.2 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.