Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone think this is gonna retrace north today?

yes indeed, I certainly do

I am looking for a long

Ideal long would be around 4360region but 4400 area is holding up well with 4390 double bottom support working well ............

but I have the S&P going to gap fill 934 ........so I believe it will take FTSE with it to 4360 region?

I will be a buyer of S&P 934-35 region

VDM markets

This is what you call good customer service

"Dear Customer

On the morning of 2nd June 2009 we suffered disruption at our data centre due to accidental damage to fibre optic cabling. As a result, online trading was halted between approximately 08.45 and 18.30, during when only phone trading was available to our customers. Whilst this matter was entirely beyond our control, we would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused; we deeply appreciate your patience and understanding whilst we worked to resolve this matter.

As a gesture of courtesy, all customers will be entitled to a ‘Spread Free Trading Day*’ on 4th June 2009. Between 07.00 and 21.00, all prices quoted on the VDM platform will carry no VDM added spread. Please take time to read the Offer conditions as detailed below.

We welcome and encourage you to take advantage of this offer, and we wish you the very best of luck in your trading.

Kind Regards
VDM Global Markets Ltd"

How comes you guys reckon it's heading back up?

I'm as bearish as a bear in bearsville right now.

yes indeed, I certainly do

I am looking for a long

Ideal long would be around 4360region but 4400 area is holding up well with 4390 double bottom support working well ............

but I have the S&P going to gap fill 934 ........so I believe it will take FTSE with it to 4360 region?

I will be a buyer of S&P 934-35 region

cheers ws

VDM markets

This is what you call good customer service

"Dear Customer

On the morning of 2nd June 2009 we suffered disruption at our data centre due to accidental damage to fibre optic cabling. As a result, online trading was halted between approximately 08.45 and 18.30, during when only phone trading was available to our customers. Whilst this matter was entirely beyond our control, we would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused; we deeply appreciate your patience and understanding whilst we worked to resolve this matter.

As a gesture of courtesy, all customers will be entitled to a ‘Spread Free Trading Day*’ on 4th June 2009. Between 07.00 and 21.00, all prices quoted on the VDM platform will carry no VDM added spread. Please take time to read the Offer conditions as detailed below.

We welcome and encourage you to take advantage of this offer, and we wish you the very best of luck in your trading.

Kind Regards
VDM Global Markets Ltd"

Yup, I've found VDM customer service to be fantastic in the past. A few weeks ago they slipped an order of mine by quite a lot, and when asked about it they fully refunded me! Plus the girl with a nice accent on the other end of the phone sounded hot :devilish:

How comes you guys reckon it's heading back up?

I'm as bearish as a bear in bearsville right now.

why are you so bearish?

I am going long based on technical analysis...........

please put forward your analysis and reasons to go short this market after the current sell off ?

4390 gap fill support ............

next level if not held is 4360 region area ..............S&p solid support 934 area, gap fill support!!

FTSE should then rally upwards thereafter

Also EUR and GBP and other currencies sold off against dollar...........they are a buy on any pullback as US $ on downward path, this will coincide with market rallying upwards

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    21.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
FTSE intraday analysis

wait and see mode

I will either buy @ 4390 or 4360 ..........wait fir the market to tell me

1 month 1 hr

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (03-JUN-09).png
    20.2 KB · Views: 95
LGEN update , I thought i would share this with you

66p...........beautiful short!!

trading range 66 - 60 ...............i have been playing this like yoyo!!

Attachments

• Legal & General Group Plc (03-JUN-09).png
    Legal & General Group Plc (03-JUN-09).png
    26.7 KB · Views: 106
why are you so bearish?

I am going long based on technical analysis...........

please put forward your analysis and reasons to go short this market after the current sell off ?

Ah yea, sorry I should've said why, my bad!

Well I'm short based on my view of the recent rejections off 4500 as being a triple top. We've rallied up nearly 30% since march and we're still in the depths of the worst recession/depression since the 30's.
If the march low was really the bottom and the "triple top" that I'm seeing is actually a consolidation period before we move higher, then I would still expect it to bounce down to test the 4300 support level before a continuation of the uptrend, especially given the amount of red we've been seeing this morning.
For the moment the 4385 level seems to be holding up, time will tell I guess.

Anyway, thats my view, I'm fairly new to the game and still learning a lot every day, so feel free to correct me on anything that I missed. :)

very slight bullish osc div starting, but only significant on the 10min and 5min TF.

nothing yet, but maybe something to look out for if it reaches 30min TF.

Well I'm short based on my view of the recent rejections off 4500 as being a triple top. We've rallied up nearly 30% since march and we're still in the depths of the worst recession/depression since the 30's.
If the march low was really the bottom and the "triple top" that I'm seeing is actually a consolidation period before we move higher, then I would still expect it to bounce down to test the 4300 support level before a continuation of the uptrend, especially given the amount of red we've been seeing this morning.

Anyway, thats my view, I'm fairly new to the game and still learning a lot every day, so feel free to correct me on anything that I missed. :)

thank you my friend

your analysis will help everyone

"LONDON (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stock futures edged lower Wednesday ahead of testimony from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and a wave of economic data, with one leading brokerage arguing that bonds are a better place to be than stocks."

the only concern i have is that UUP seems to have solid support around the 23.25 level ?

wait and see mode..............

timing is of the essence

Carefull with those intraday FTSE charts today there's data missing from approx 0915-0937 , the problem is with IT Finance charts.

i thought we might be in a rectangle, going down to 4300 before heading north to 4675.

it certainly looks like the daily wants to flow down to 4300 again, but the only thing that's bothering me is, we've found RSI oscillator support (@ 52) at a higher price level.

i posted this a couple of days back, on about double bottoms, but now i suspect a rectangle:

clik me > Rectangles

Attachments

• FTSE DOUBLE TOP.JPG
    FTSE DOUBLE TOP.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Carefull with those intraday FTSE charts today there's data missing from approx 0915-0937 , the problem is with IT Finance charts.

thanks masnachu
both CS and IG use it finance packages.. how did you learn of this may i ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.