Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
LONDON (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stock futures slumped on Monday, as the White House said bankruptcy was a possibility for General Motors and Chrysler while hopes for a new round of global stimulus spending appear thwarted.

My concern would be that similar support levels on the Dow and S&P are a fair way off yet.

very true Solent surfer

i think we are going to get a violent sell off ............just a gut feeling!!

800 broken on S&P not a good sign in my book

can we hold and close above it?

i wish i knew the answer ..................

I am off to the gym my friends

I will leave you this chart to scratch your heads over

1 week 10 min chart

3818 has to hold (red trend line)

otherwise we go down to 3800 and then to intra-day low

Attachments

• 12.45.png
    12.45.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 140

1 week 10 min chart

Can you say what the time zone settings are for this chart?

Are you using the downtrend line as support?

Can you say what the time zone settings are for this chart?

Are you using the downtrend line as support?

Huff, puff, huff, puff ....on the treadmill using iphone to update

time zone for data is 8.00 - 16.30(i wrote a post about this on weekend, have a look back)

Downtrend lines can be seen as support and resistance, but on this occasion it is acting as a support

Exterminate, Exterminate .....................All indices exterminate!!

Damn.............please don't go to 769 !! haha............

can we hold 790 ............very important!!

violent down as suggested on the weekend has arrived ........

hey ho, hey ho ....off to work we go!!

Good fun on the markets today

Attachments

• 15.35.png
    15.35.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 117
Afternoon fellaz,, late start for me, runing around doing the morning chores...
Very good analysis guys, spot on, hope to bank some points later....

Candles... Are you using RBS Marketindex to trade? looked like from the chart you posted...

1 week 10 min chart

lo and behold, where do we end up

utmost respect to geometric trend lines

Thanks, How are you finding them? Have you had any problems with them? im looking to try them out n live very soon, but would appreciated any Pros and Cons you have experienced compared to other brokers? e.g, Requotes? Execution? Platform hanging? freezez? etc...

Thanks

Candles did you manage to get 3762? Mine never got to that I was awaiting for
3766 to go long.

Really?
I take it you are not with RBS? I have a few SB account and there are some strange price differences on occassions.

Thanks, How are you finding them? Have you had any problems with them? im looking to try them out n live very soon, but would appreciated any Pros and Cons you have experienced compared to other brokers? e.g, Requotes? Execution? Platform hanging? freezez? etc...

Thanks

In my experience they are probably the best ive used.
Orders are pretty much instant - I had to use CMC the other day for the first time in months and was HORRIFIED with the order delays and requotes! unbelieveable
They DO have the occasional dissconnetion. Usually you can log back in and its fine, but a few times, its taken about 20 mins to get back. Quite rare, thankfully. Less frequent than IB from what i read, and they're supposed to be a proper DA broker.
I would reccommend them personally

you are a very brave man

but you do have support at 3750 and 3730

Balls of steel ;)
In fact, it is a gamble. Ive had my best day in a long time today, points wize. As you know i was short over the weekend and took about 200 pips. I also Bought gbp/jpy for 110 pips profit and some other successfull scalps.
Im gonna risk some profits on this trade.

Last edited:
Thanks Candles, appreciated, will give them a try... Im also using CMC but not encountered any real problems as of yet in the last 3 months...

I just found this!! :)

Services relating to Contracts for Difference are provided by CMC Markets UK Plc and Spread Betting Services are provided by CMC Spreadbet Plc (trading as RBS Spread Trading) to whom you have been introduced by NatWest Stockbrokers Limited. All dealing, administration and settlement in relation to these services is undertaken by CMC Markets UK Plc/CMC Spreadbet Plc who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Balls of steel ;)
In fact, it is a gamble. Ive had my best day in a long time today, points wize. As you know i was short over the weekend and took about 200 pips. I also Bought gbp/jpy for 110 pips profit and some other successfull scalps.
Im gonna risk some profits on this trade.

in that case you are a very intelligent trader

round of applause for Mr candles today :clap::clap::clap:

I just found this!! :)

Services relating to Contracts for Difference are provided by CMC Markets UK Plc and Spread Betting Services are provided by CMC Spreadbet Plc (trading as RBS Spread Trading) to whom you have been introduced by NatWest Stockbrokers Limited. All dealing, administration and settlement in relation to these services is undertaken by CMC Markets UK Plc/CMC Spreadbet Plc who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
I believe Natwest are using CMC as their partner, and RBS Marketindex use ABN AMRO, even though its been aquired by RBS. If im right that is..!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.