Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooosers!!

well gutted, we lost in the final as the umpires were biased honestly.

we got accused of sour grapes but we felt certain decisions(a lot actually) went against us

anyway

I'm off to play squash now with a few friends

P.S. Robert you really are funny, I wish you the best of luck of luck in your attempt to deprive yourself of any nicotine.

Hi Aadil,
Good luck with the cricket!!! Here's how my week will be kicking off on the FTSE. Possible 1-2-3 formation if we break 3820. If we don't then I'll be watching out for a failed retest / double top at this level and going short.
Bye for now
Rob
P.S. I am giving up smoking tomorrow so any failure on the FTSE's part to do exactly what I expect it to do may result in my becoming quite fractious.....
View attachment 51218

wave 3 could be wave 5 if you started wave 1 from 3500?????

and the we should expect A,B,C correction thereafter, right or wrong?

wave 3 could be wave 5 if you started wave 1 from 3500?????

and the we should expect A,B,C correction thereafter, right or wrong?

Sorry - when I say 1-2-3 I mean it as a set-up / strat, not an Elliot Wave count. You'll have seen William's views on 3 becoming 5 earlier today.

Anyway - quick update on the markets this week. Given the thrashing we're handing out to the French this afternoon I am now bullish on all indices, as well as all Forex pairs which start with GBP ;-)

Hey chaps - very busy here for a Sunday! I've got to the stage of my trading where I need to start backtesting ideas, so I can get some idea of how reliable certain signals are and when to trade them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to good data providers? I just need something cheap and it can be delayed data. Anything from 1 minute index and equity data going back 6 months-ish. I was looking at esignal - they're cheap at around £25 quid/month. Any suggestions appreciated!

Hey chaps - very busy here for a Sunday! I've got to the stage of my trading where I need to start backtesting ideas, so I can get some idea of how reliable certain signals are and when to trade them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to good data providers? I just need something cheap and it can be delayed data. Anything from 1 minute index and equity data going back 6 months-ish. I was looking at esignal - they're cheap at around £25 quid/month. Any suggestions appreciated!

My personal preference is prorealtime. EOD data is free - anything else you have to pay for although I think they'll give you a free trial for a week or so. If you've used IG charts - it's the same as prorealtime. Others I have spoken to seem to like sharescope but I can't comment as I've never seen it.

tennisball.. backtesting might not be the right thing.
the market has variable volatility.remember,the run fron sept to xmas 08.this is alot different to the volatility from jan to mar.so,systems that might have worked well in previous months do not work well now.also, in 2006 alot of swing trades could be put on,with good reliability.not so much nowadays
just an opinion

Hi Aadil,
Good luck with the cricket!!! Here's how my week will be kicking off on the FTSE. Possible 1-2-3 formation if we break 3820. If we don't then I'll be watching out for a failed retest / double top at this level and going short.
Bye for now
Rob
P.S. I am giving up smoking tomorrow so any failure on the FTSE's part to do exactly what I expect it to do may result in my becoming quite fractious.....
View attachment 51218

Yeah that my analysis :) as well.
3820 is the turning point i think

tennisball.. backtesting might not be the right thing.
the market has variable volatility.remember,the run fron sept to xmas 08.this is alot different to the volatility from jan to mar.so,systems that might have worked well in previous months do not work well now.also, in 2006 alot of swing trades could be put on,with good reliability.not so much nowadays
just an opinion

That is a very good point by dentist, although back testing is good in order to ascertain the efficiency and profitability of your system it can also have flaws. All variables have to be taken in to account such as volume, time, etc.

I personally have never back tested my methodology, just front tested it ......haha!

Sorry I'm not of much help but I am a rookie after all ........

I am sure the more experienced people on this thread will be able to guide you

Thanks for the help guys - I might take esignal up on one of their demos, if it's junk I'll dump them.

S&P analysis

3 month , 4 hr chart

targets on upside
780(previous resistance) & 790 (200MA)

targets on downside
750 (previous support) & 735 (20 MA)

Attachments

• 00.03.png
    00.03.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 115
I'm having my doubts about your 'rookie' status. You're too good to just be a rookster!

Honestly I am just a rookie

I have never had a trader job in the city

I don't have any financial qualifications or anything related to the markets

I haven't even read any books to be honest, just skimmed through them

I studied economics at manchester(waste of time really as i didn't really learn anything. All the theories that were propagated were ancient and not relevant to modern economics.)

P.S.

I have just checked my bank account and no rent has come in at all as 16th was the agreed date for payment. I assume i must notify my property manager JP & brimelow in Didsbury.

what happens now then my friend?

Bless you Mr Wall Street!

I guess you're just a natural, or it's not as difficult as people make out! Oh God, I can feel the negative posts looming(!) LOL

Re: the rent. It is Sunday, so it could arrive tomorrow, but I have my concerns about this chap... What capacity have you instructed the Agent in? Are they taking over Full Management or just Rent Collection? Either way, the tenant should be paying the Agent and they will forward the money to you, less their fees... By all means, respond to my Q's in my PM. I would hate to see you scammed by a "Professional Tenant". You'd be surprised how many people live for free by being Professional Tenants. It's a disgrace, but the way the world works I'm afraid...

On the lighter side, it could all just be misunderstandings and different expectations, but it really is best to be on the cautious side...

Honestly, I am happy to offer my experience for what it's worth... I just hope it's of help to you...

Re: my charts, I can't send them by PM for some reason. If you know how, please let me know or let me know how you'd like them (e-mail I guess is best). I'm reluctant to post them on the thread in case they're total insanity! LOL

Take care, S

Bless you Mr Wall Street!

I guess you're just a natural, or it's not as difficult as people make out! Oh God, I can feel the negative posts looming(!) LOL

Re: the rent. It is Sunday, so it could arrive tomorrow, but I have my concerns about this chap... What capacity have you instructed the Agent in? Are they taking over Full Management or just Rent Collection? Either way, the tenant should be paying the Agent and they will forward the money to you, less their fees... By all means, respond to my Q's in my PM. I would hate to see you scammed by a "Professional Tenant". You'd be surprised how many people live for free by being Professional Tenants. It's a disgrace, but the way the world works I'm afraid...

On the lighter side, it could all just be misunderstandings and different expectations, but it really is best to be on the cautious side...

Honestly, I am happy to offer my experience for what it's worth... I just hope it's of help to you...

Re: my charts, I can't send them by PM for some reason. If you know how, please let me know or let me know how you'd like them (e-mail I guess is best). I'm reluctant to post them on the thread in case they're total insanity! LOL

Take care, S

thanks for the advice my friend

email me your charts

[email protected]

and please ring me later if possible 07912965325 (12-4 is best so i can ask a few questions as well..)

thank you my friend your help is really appreciated

Nice one..often the best finance people have come from technical backgrounds where it teaches you a way to think.

I studied engineering at UMIST in Manchester in the late 90's...can't remember much of that either :) At least it taught me/arranged my noggin in a way to analyse things.

3820 level was hit like suggested here...probably go through to hit the upper targets.

Honestly I am just a rookie

I have never had a trader job in the city

I don't have any financial qualifications or anything related to the markets

I haven't even read any books to be honest, just skimmed through them

I studied economics at manchester(waste of time really as i didn't really learn anything. All the theories that were propagated were ancient and not relevant to modern economics.)

P.S.

I have just checked my bank account and no rent has come in at all as 16th was the agreed date for payment. I assume i must notify my property manager JP & brimelow in Didsbury.

what happens now then my friend?

I fell asleep after waking up at 6.30am...........missed out on the early action but here goes

I am long FTSE 3795......stop loss 3765

target 3820- 3850

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.