Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Should I class b/e trades as losing trades when working out my success ratio? I say yes, because regardless of whether you're DMA or SB, you still have spread/commission and it costs to break-even. What is your opinion, WS?

I thought BE generally means a price at which you would break-even including such spread/commission, so frankly I would not classify them as losses, but that's just me.

Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Should I class b/e trades as losing trades when working out my success ratio? I say yes, because regardless of whether you're DMA or SB, you still have spread/commission and it costs to break-even. What is your opinion, WS?

break even = ntral ..no loss or gain!!

OK folks .......

A rough day on my FX trades yesterday with

-30 and - 70 on EU and AU shorts
I was also taken out on my nasdaq short - 30

Both FTSE shorts were in + 40 but ended up break even

- 10 far this week so far ......FX trades have been my downfall this week due to a never ending decline in the US dollar index, even the 200 MA was cracked like an egg !!

The US dollar got crushed yesterday .....with it being a friday, very hard to see the market down significantly today.

5715 will be the support zone and line in the sand on the FTSE 100

FTSE 100 - there is your hot spot

if we hold we fold

if blast through it .............then short covering rally again !!

I encourage everyone to share a chart and put forward your analysis and stop this childish bickering

become men like me , I am getting bored of playing with kids now

Attachments

• FTSE 100  .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    15.5 KB · Views: 146

Keep up the good work WS. I have only followed your comments here and it has all been spot on. Dont know how people tend to twist things. Made alot of pips with my own analysis and trading rules this week and alot of it taught from you free on trade2win.

Just a thanks.

(y)

you're welcome buddy

that is the aim of the site

I apologise for the parasites on this thread, its very sad that they have nothing better to do than post negative comments(I honestly dont have time to read other peoples blog due to time spent on trading). It explains a lot about there insecurity in there personal lives.......

Its ok , I am there shrink .........I will make them better !! hehe

your welcome
but you do have me wrong I dont want you to get trades wrong I want you to get them right day in day out
As my daughter would say this country needs more hard working people that pay their taxes
but then that would put her out of a job:LOL:

I still have yet to see any comprehensive analysis - FA or TA from you yet ?

If you are a trader then you must share your analysis with us, otherwise you could just be parroting somebody else's trades/signals ?

I have asked you for the 6th time now to share your charts with us ?

I rest my case

I encourage everyone to follow this chap on Twitter , he is very good when it comes to market psychology

50Pips 50 Pips
markets have been reminding traders about the need to be disciplined and trade responsibly... unless stubbor… (cont) deck.ly/~Ie580

A good start to the day with subscribers

+ 95 points on shorts by 8.21am

neutralised yesterdays losses and now back to + 81 for the week

now I am biased long

break even = ntral ..no loss or gain!!

This is not strictly true as even with a break even trade you have taken on risk.
You need to look up Sharpe ratios with regards to day trading.
For example, if you take 100 trades and close them all at break even, this affects your ratios as you took on risk on every trade but made nothing. Actually, with spreads it's even worse as you always start off negative and may not have the chance to close be.

You have Sharpe Ratio, then win:loss ratio, then RR.
In addition, you have MAE and MFE, these show how far the trade moved in your favour or against you. For example, if your target was 100pips, but it went to 99, you didn't close and then it went to break even, this assesses your target ratios, how weel you are doing at closing trades and other stuff: http://www.fibonaccitrader.com/help40/Systems/MFE_MAE/default.htm

If you don't want to get that complicated then you can just say you got these pips per week or month or % return, or return on investment but you should really track these at some point to improve.

Last edited:

European leaders have a debt crisis plan, but details are sketchy and doubts run high.

FTSE 100 - there is your hot spot

if we hold we fold

if blast through it .............then short covering rally again !!

It certainly looks like the hot spot worked well

Finished for the week with + 110 points

a very rusty/poor performance given thats it my 1st week back and the US dollar had a vertical drop

Next week back to + 200 points a week

WS, could you kindly expand on your 'gap fill' trades please? I now understand the need for proper market data, but would like to understand the basic theory behind this type of trade. Also, I posted a question here and e-mailed you about the markets you first started trading/learning. I'm keen to hear your reply, as I'd like some pointers as to where to start. I'm struggling with the learning side of things at the moment. Many thanks, S

FTSE 100 - resistance confirmed

Attachments

• FTSE 100  .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    16.1 KB · Views: 165

WS, could you kindly expand on your 'gap fill' trades please? I now understand the need for proper market data, but would like to understand the basic theory behind this type of trade. Also, I posted a question here and e-mailed you about the markets you first started trading/learning. I'm keen to hear your reply, as I'd like some pointers as to where to start. I'm struggling with the learning side of things at the moment. Many thanks, S

1. I posted a question here and e-mailed you about the markets you first started trading/learning?

I started learning when I was at university, I studied Economics. I went to hand in my essay and I found my Chinese professor running 3 trading bots in his room, he obviously very surprised to see me(he thought the door was locked). I then started to inquire and he told me to remain silent and never to tell anyone, he had a mountain of books hiding the computers. I then began my journey as he offered to teach me(he obviously wanted me to remain silent, by teaching me he got my loyalty and silence..hehe)

There was a professor just 2 years before i joined the Uni that had made over £1 million and retired early through his trading bot

2. Gap levels - very hard to explain on a blog I'm afraid, I'd be typing here all day as it is very complex due to the sheer number of variables that one has to take into account. I teach it in depth on my mentoring programme

some good material here for everyone to read that covers the basics
Gaps and Gap Analysis - ChartSchool - StockCharts.com

EUR/USD - IHS formation .........but will it fail ? Bull trap?

Attachments

• USDeur Spot.png
    USDeur Spot.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 155

GBP/USD - at 200 MA resistance

Attachments

• USD gbpSpot.png
    USD gbpSpot.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 150

German Dax spinning top reversal @ resistance zone

Attachments

• DAX PERFORMANCE-INDEX.png
    DAX PERFORMANCE-INDEX.png
    17 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

S&P 500 move has been prolific

a pierce of 200 MA ........1295 is a good resistance zone

Attachments

• S&P 500 INDEX.png
    S&P 500 INDEX.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.