Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Now let's all calm down a bit chaps since swinging handbags and pouring scorn back and forth doesn't achieve much. This is an awfully long thread that contains, on the one hand, a lot of accurate analysis by wallstreet as well as, on the other hand, legitimate questions about how he trades from there to achieve the results he reports.

It seems to me that wallstreet cannot expect to make claims without being questioned about them, but he can expect those questions to be reasonably put without him being abused. By the same token, those asking legitimate questions can expect those questions to be answered and not be scorned for asking them.

Please keep it all civil. Thanks :)

jon

Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Okies Jon
but a trader taking an outright position equating to £55mil on the basis of a £50 per month subscription???

Never lose again

TheRumpledOne

but a trader taking an outright position equating to £55mil on the basis of a £50 per month subscription???

I heard an interview recently with some guy who was managing a huge mutual fund. He picked trade direction by counting the number of red and green traffic lights he encountered on his drive into the office each morning. If the lights where predominantly green, he'd be looking for buys. If the lights where predominantly red, he'd be looking for sells, or to close some buys.

I have no doubt that its a reasonable enough approach (and not to dis-simlar to my own strategy really). The point is, that guy clearly understands the score, and the truth is he could probably make money trading practically anything. So why not a £50 a month subscription just for the lulz ?

I recently re read the first market wizards book, and was genuinely suprised to read that quite a few of the traders in that book actually subscribed to newsletters etc. Some of those guys where buying newsletters from flakes like Prentcher etc. This whole crazy industry is full of nutters fooled by randomness, and nothing would surprise me.

I heard an interview recently with some guy who was managing a huge mutual fund. He picked trade direction by counting the number of red and green traffic lights he encountered on his drive into the office each morning. If the lights where predominantly green, he'd be looking for buys. If the lights where predominantly red, he'd be looking for sells, or to close some buys.

weard feeling I have watched something like that also, I took it as tongue in cheek though a kind of yeh right Im gonna announce to the world how I make money. still it could have been the truth

"ok everyone I have attached the updated spreadsheet of this weeks trades. so we are at 68% win rate with a net pip total of +222.66 for the week. seems the old chap is not doing to badly on the assumptions I am making the biggest of which is running the trades until original SL or Target 1 is hit."

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...endent-review-wallstreet1928.html#post1736146

"ok everyone I have attached the updated spreadsheet of this weeks trades. so we are at 68% win rate with a net pip total of +222.66 for the week. seems the old chap is not doing to badly on the assumptions I am making the biggest of which is running the trades until original SL or Target 1 is hit."

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...endent-review-wallstreet1928.html#post1736146

Hi WS1928

Yes both Shakone & myself both agree that the AUDUSD trade you took should be booked as a -35 pip loss and not a -215 pip loss as you made a typo, hardly surprising as you were up all night arguing. All your other trades were a similar R:R it is totally unreasonable for you to suddenly put in a -215 pip SL on a trade where you are going for +25pip target. The figures tally for a -35 pip loss on that trade and are in keeping with your other trades. We are both independent reviewers.

Please understand everyone that averaging in and partial profit taking very very difficult to test so these results are letting each trade run to SL or target1 however long it takes, no moving stops to b/e.

happy trading all.

Hi WS1928

Yes both Shakone & myself both agree that the AUDUSD trade you took should be booked as a -35 pip loss and not a -215 pip loss as you made a typo, hardly surprising as you were up all night arguing. All your other trades were a similar R:R it is totally unreasonable for you to suddenly put in a -215 pip SL on a trade where you are going for +25pip target. The figures tally for a -35 pip loss on that trade and are in keeping with your other trades. We are both independent reviewers.

Please understand everyone that averaging in and partial profit taking very very difficult to test so these results are letting each trade run to SL or target1 however long it takes, no moving stops to b/e.

happy trading all.

yes it was a typo as my teachers have always taught me to use a stop loss of 25-30 points for each trade , unless it is an overnight trade or if market is extremely volatile

A Japanese professor conducted a study over a 30 year period and came to the conclusion that 25-30 point stop loss was the optimal stop loss that gave the greatest rewards

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Ghandi

A Japanese professor conducted a study over a 30 year period and came to the conclusion that 25-30 point stop loss was the optimal stop loss that gave the greatest rewards

on every single market, with different volatilities, different economies, different sentiment, different environment?

on every single market, with different volatilities, different economies, different sentiment, different environment?

sidekicker

are you struggling with the english used or mathematical terminology used here? WS1928 has stated 'optimal'. In another post you seemed to have trouble with the word average and it's use. would you prefer some coloring in to be getting along with?

Hang on, I'm going to have to be pedantic again. Firstly, that's not the whole story is it. What's said by MajorDutch is that he waited until the original target or stop was hit, i.e. different to what you have done, and believes he could have achieved those results without including any spread (mythical trading land), and where he filters out some trades as invalid, and enters some trades long after the signal at completely different prices.

I have very briefly checked them and those results are wrong to me. He includes trades that weren't filled, the miraculous 1.3330 eur/usd fill that all WS students obtained, yet I couldn't, and he fills it at 1.3338. You can't retrospectively go back to some trading results and suddenly decide that

1) We are now going to enter on the close of a 1m candle after the email or text (which was it by the way -MajorDutch, text or email), and
2) Going to let trades run to target or stop which hasn't been done before, ignoring any changes to stop loss or target Wallstreet makes, and
3) Decide which trades are valid and which aren't based on various rules which are subjective

It's all getting far too much like curve fitting. So what was it that decided an entry on eur/usd of 1.33384 was not too far away from entry level of 1.3330 texted? It seems like you're picking and choosing. Sorry but I don't find it to be an accurate measure of the signals and emails given. I'm glad if someone else follows these trades in case I make mistakes, but they need to be clear how they are taking the trades, and can't make that decision later.

Wallstreet signals are +52.5 pips with trade win rate of 63%.

He's claimed 455 pips and a win ratio of >90%.

The smoke and mirrors, and constant moving of goalposts, changing of system/calls after the fact is beginning to get old. If you wish me to continue to analyse results tomorrow, I think it would be good for you to reply to Barjon's question, as I think we all would like an answer to that. It's not the first time it's been asked in this thread, and you continue to evade. When you've done that, I'll continue my review of your trades.

I asked barjon to ring me and I will clarify, but he refused to ring and co-operate

A lot of other people rang me today and understand

I kindly request you to ring me and I will clarify it to you too

I will PM you my number

Can you please just answer in public on the forum rather than having the same conversation x times?

As a side note, I must admit you deserve credit for likening yourself to Gandhi, Moses, Jesus, Dalai Lama, Mayweather and other figures all in the space of one day (y)

Can you please just answer in public on the forum rather than having the same conversation x times?

1. I have been on trade2win typing all day since 8am ......... my hands are tired

2. to formulate a comprehensive reply will take too long , it is better for me to spend 5 mins over the phone as 1 reply will lead to 3 questions etc etc

3. no matter what i say it falls on deaf ears because there a lot of deceitful and evil people on this thread waiting and praying for me to fail. Hence if it comes from somebody else then they will accept .......I'm the bad guy remember ?

I kindly request you to call me now, and you can then write your review here

do you accept, send me PM and I will PM you my number if you do ?

"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles."

Sun Tzu

know your self = have supreme confidence in my trading ability

know the enemy = my enemy is incompetent , uneducated , has no moral compass as they run to pre-conceived judgement s without any thought .......etc etc

Thank you for the offer. It's a bit late for me to be having such discussions + i'm too poor to make calls. If you are happy to speak and have a microphone, you can read Barjon's post and go to this website which will record and host it for you. Vocaroo | Record and send voice emails

Thank you for the offer. It's a bit late for me to be having such discussions + i'm too poor to make calls. If you are happy to speak and have a microphone, you can read Barjon's post and go to this website which will record and host it for you. Vocaroo | Record and send voice emails

I can call you ..PM me your number and I can call you during a the day at a time of your choosing.....especially considering this issue is causing you a lot of distress?

Status
Not open for further replies.