Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is a hectic thread.
I've just read the last 6 pages and not about to read nearly 15,000 posts.
I've hardly traded the indices since april as there has not been enough volatility for me to find nice support/Resistance that I can use with any confidence. I prefer to trade 4Hour and Daily charts, but will occasionally use H1 to get into a trade earlier.
Most of you guys seem to be trading from the smaller time-frames.
I will try to follow this thread and hopefully be able to contribute something occasionally.
More than welcome Mr GumRai, also been reading afew of your posts on the sniper forex system,, good stuff ..

Bank's Posen says too soon to end QE

LONDON (Reuters) - The Bank of England must continue its policy of quantitative easing (QE) because the financial system has yet to recover fully, Monetary Policy Committee member Adam Posen said in a newspaper interview on Sunday.

He also told the Sunday Times that regulators should consider limiting banks' size to avoid a repeat of the credit crisis.

"The term quantitative easing describes an extreme form of monetary policy used to stimulate an economy where interest rates are either at, or close to, zero. Normally, a central bank stimulates the economy indirectly by lowering interest rates but when it cannot lower them any further it can attempt to seed the financial system with new money through quantitative easing.
In practical terms, the central bank purchases financial assets (mostly short-term), including government paper and corporate bonds, from financial institutions (such as banks) using money it has created ex nihilo (out of nothing). This process is called open market operations. The creation of this new money is supposed to seed the increase in the overall money supply through deposit multiplication by encouraging lending by these institutions and reducing the cost of borrowing, thereby stimulating the economy.[1] However, there is a risk that banks will still refuse to lend despite the increase in their deposits, or that the policy will be too effective, leading in a worst case scenario to hyperinflation.[1]
Quantitative easing is sometimes described as 'printing money', although the central bank actually creates it electronically 'out of nothing' by increasing the credit in its own bank account."

EUR/USD...............double bottom confirmed

watch this trend line

once it breaks then

EUR/USD.......1.5 is on the cards, market has shaken out all the sellers, just buyers left .....they have tried to knock this back so many times

UUP spike down .....

Looks like the rise to 1.5 is certainly on the cards

I am very bearish on the market this morning chaps

especially due to EUR/USD not holding the 1.49 level over night and GBP/USD under pressure due to the Posen's remarks about QE(position looking very nice).

I bought the Nasdaq overnight @ 1732 but I have dumped it this morning ..............

I have updated Benzinga.com, i will look to short this market at the resistance levels
http://www.benzinga.com/users/wallstreet1928

5213 KEY LEVEL

> 5213 .... then we possible got to 5225 and 5252 , resistance levels noted on Benzinga

< 5213 .... then we go to 5190....and all other support levels noted on Benzinga

House prices in 1st annual gain in 16 months

LONDON (Reuters) - Asking prices for homes in England and Wales rose on an annual basis for the first time in more than a year in October, property Web site Rightmove said on Monday, buoyed by a dearth of properties coming onto the market.

is this going to be a one of those days where footsie will keep going up in the hope that it will crash down but never does? It has hit R1 - 5249, next level is R2 which is 5309

5213 KEY LEVEL

> 5213 .... then we possible got to 5225 and 5252 , resistance levels noted on Benzinga

< 5213 .... then we go to 5190....and all other support levels noted on Benzinga

Now that the forecast has materialised

I believe the FTSE spike to be unjustified and the market should falter from here

The only variable that could spoil the party is EUR/USD.....reaching 1.5 or trading above 1.4970

5213 KEY LEVEL

The concept of hedging is a very good strategy folks

as you can see from my analysis in the morning I stated that once FTSE broke past 5213 then market would hit 5225 & 5252 .....

I then went long on Nasdaq and then i decided to take a risky long on FTSE even though I knew FTSE was going to 5252 ...but there was a slight probability that FTSE would falter but DAX looked strong !!

because i knew i was exposed to 2 long positions, I then went long on DAX to neutralise any further upward movements and any further losses

Now that is hedging folks , but you have to know the market well

I am willing to teach those if interested ..............

just PM me

short E$ @ 940 stop 983 target 845

oops, just switched the computer ojn and opened a position immediately, and therein lies my problem :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.