Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Guys :) That's why I like hanging out on this thread, because there's some very good people here (unlike some T2W threads I could mention )

I think my problem is that I find learning and understanding how markets work is far more interesting than trading. Those crazy Elliot wavey fibby extensiony pivoty wedgy fractaly geo bits of TA and trading have really captured my imagination, but sitting at a screen all day waiting for a fib level to hit, is just no fun at all. To be fair, the strategies I have traded of late are day trading strats - perhaps I can find a nice swing trade strat I like somewhere.

I'll keep you updated with the System / Algo stuff though, but I am realistic, I know it could be a road to nowehere :)

Thanks Bryan, I'll drop you a PM. I had thought I may trade a few equities as well.

every trader is different, I'm sure you will find your comfort zone

Thanks Guys :) That's why I like hanging out on this thread, because there's some very good people here (unlike some T2W threads I could mention )

*sniff-sniff* is that gossip i smell? :cheesy:

comon mate...spill the beans!

who's unfriendly thread have you been on ey?!! :LOL:

I think my problem is that I find learning and understanding how markets work is far more interesting than trading. Those crazy Elliot wavey fibby extensiony pivoty wedgy fractaly geo bits of TA and trading have really captured my imagination, but sitting at a screen all day waiting for a fib level to hit, is just no fun at all. To be fair, the strategies I have traded of late are day trading strats - perhaps I can find a nice swing trade strat I like somewhere.

I'll keep you updated with the System / Algo stuff though, but I am realistic, I know it could be a road to nowehere :)

Thanks Bryan, I'll drop you a PM. I had thought I may trade a few equities as well.

I swing trade using the daily TF (well, try to at least) as it fits around my job better. I've tried the sitting in front of the screen thing before and I can't get on with it. I like to drop into this board as a) there is some very useful info here that can be applied across multiple TFs b) WS's inter-market stuff is interesting, if at times a little over my head and c) if the chaps (and chapesses?) here are prepared to offer their time and wisdom I feel obliged to stop by and read their insights.

Good luck Geo; I'd be interested to know more about the algo stuff as it's kind of related to what I do for a living.

day trading is like marriage isn't it?

the likelyhood is, after years of working at it you'll be sitting on your lonesome, considerably poorer. :cheesy:

yeah hard to tell what type of consolidation...

EDIT: bit worried that the first candle after the break out (H1 TF) is a 50 retrace and what follows could be bullish consolidation.

EDIT: whats freaking me out is the 8th oct action, not being at the top of my potential channel i'm worried about having these consolidation periods that look like poss reversals that don't actually pan out...essentially bear traps.

looks like i was right.

my problem is still impatience...i want to open positions immediately, without waiting for better entries around good channel markers.

funny how i identified a potential break-out, and the poss of this being bullish consolidation, but have only put shorts on! i'm such a gonk.

*sniff-sniff* is that gossip i smell? :cheesy:

comon mate...spill the beans!

who's unfriendly thread have you been on ey?!! :LOL:

Oh, there is such a choice, I wouldn't know where to start :LOL: Lets just say there's a lot of traders suffering with Traders Ego out there :)

I swing trade using the daily TF (well, try to at least) as it fits around my job better. I've tried the sitting in front of the screen thing before and I can't get on with it. I like to drop into this board as a) there is some very useful info here that can be applied across multiple TFs b) WS's inter-market stuff is interesting, if at times a little over my head and c) if the chaps (and chapesses?) here are prepared to offer their time and wisdom I feel obliged to stop by and read their insights.

Good luck Geo; I'd be interested to know more about the algo stuff as it's kind of related to what I do for a living.

Thanks MR.G. How is the FTSE daily swing trading going btw?

I'll still be hanging around this thread for the same reasons as you.

On a side note I am not sure how WS holds all that intermarket info inside one brain, but hats to you WS for being able to understand these markets so well!

I am looking at auto FX system trades through MT4. The system I am looking at now is quite interesting, but I won't post any info until I know it's sensible. I am not coding anything, but I will learn MT4 language if I think I can do something useful with it. The system I am trying has been coded for free by a very kind soul :)

is this the top of todays E$? i bloody hope so, coz i've gone short AGAIN.

Attachments

• 800.png
    800.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 112
I dont know. I am just not trading today. Light volumes, no directions and most importantly, no trades setting up. I analysed USD/JPY and GBP/JPY, but was not sure because of today's lack of volume and all so didnt put any orders. But, as it goes, Opportunity Loss is Better Than Capital Loss.

Thanks MR.G. How is the FTSE daily swing trading going btw?

Not too bad - had a couple of shorts the week before last and a couple of longs last week. Still running my stops too close though so not taking as much off of the table as possible. :rolleyes:

Still, all a learning process and I haven't had any losing trades for a couple of weeks so the first 2 laws are being obeyed.

Law 1 - preserve capital so you live to fight another day
Law 2 - see law 1

Not too bad - had a couple of shorts the week before last and a couple of longs last week. Still running my stops too close though so not taking as much off of the table as possible. :rolleyes:

Still, all a learning process and I haven't had any losing trades for a couple of weeks so the first 2 laws are being obeyed.

Law 1 - preserve capital so you live to fight another day
Law 2 - see law 1

Good one mate. You using same Marc Riv strategies? Today you mustve triggered a long around 5190ish isnt it? I know we talked about that.

what was the basis of your shorts though?

Status
Not open for further replies.