Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
December ?!?!

thats fine, it sthe same thing but better to trade November one just in case you don't get confused with the levels .....you should be able to amend to break even and take risk out of trade now

+ 15 at present for you

thats fine, it sthe same thing but better to trade November one just in case you don't get confused with the levels .....you should be able to amend to break even and take risk out of trade now

+ 15 at present for you

Good Morning mate......

You scared me there for a minute..........

CMC knocked out the October chart automatically........ I assumed we went with the December...... looking at the two, they move in tandem, nearly, except the Dec contract is valued higher...

Yep. broke even with it, looks like it may form a double top ?

Good Morning mate......

You scared me there for a minute..........

CMC knocked out the October chart automatically........ I assumed we went with the December...... looking at the two, they move in tandem, nearly, except the Dec contract is valued higher...

Yep. broke even with it, looks like it may form a double top ?

yes i have sold

I will buy back later

In the Islamic tradition they mention that there is great reward from working after the Dawn prayer ....it certainly has proved to be true

total profit from mornings live trading =

+ 10
+ 27
+ 28
+16

= 81 points

NO more trading now ...............I need to teach my self a lesson

GREED ...........is taking over me.

I am off to teach my EGO a lesson

In the Islamic tradition they mention that there is great reward from working after the Dawn prayer ....it certainly has proved to be true

total profit from mornings live trading =

+ 10
+ 27
+ 28
+16

= 81 points

NO more trading now ...............I need to teach my self a lesson

GREED ...........is taking over me.

I am off to teach my EGO a lesson

Wallstreet,

Surely the fact you understand that greed is not good in this job makes you able to do it so well?
Lesson over!

anyone catch this cable break out?
Been stalking it and missed it away from my screen. 60+ candle:(
2-3 bounces, Divergence building, nice big engulfing candle and boom.
Anyone know what sppoked the market?

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (24-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (24-SEP-09).png
    22.7 KB · Views: 112
anyone catch this cable break out?
Been stalking it and missed it away from my screen. 60+ candle:(
2-3 bounces, Divergence building, nice big engulfing candle and boom.
Anyone know what sppoked the market?

Not sure if it was market being spooked or if we are still just trending down now in reaction to last night - seems a very structured sell off - down to yesterdays pivot, then up to todays pivot, now back to S1?

Not sure if it was market being spooked or if we are still just trending down now in reaction to last night - seems a very structured sell off - down to yesterdays pivot, then up to todays pivot, now back to S1?

are you still short? (Cable that is!)

Did anyone see breakout on EUR/GBP. I am fading it now (or trying to).

I have been observing, the EUR/GBP, reverses most of the time, pretty quick. This is where I amend to b/e. I also have a buy order at 5210 for FTSE with 30 points stop loss. Idea is, if we have another pop to 5400 or 5500, i want to catch the ride. Otherwise, go short on a pull back if down trend begins.

Btw, Chelski, I see a downtrendline from past 2 days highs around 5115ish. This is a bit like your strategy, if this one is broken with confirmation, I will go long, but if there is a bounce from this, I will go short.

What do you think?

Last edited:
are you still short? (Cable that is!)

I would love to say yes, but I exited like a chump for 100pips @ yesterdays pivot, and exited my gbpjpy and gbpchf as well. I had been stopped out twice trying to catch cable and just wanted to go to bed positive.

I was right that the pivot would prove a first downward target, but I should have seen across the board, and read up on the fundamentals too following last night, that we were at the beginning of a larger move and kept something in there. But at the time I felt too exposed to sterling despite spending all yesterday getting in a position after its rally to get in on its return to the downtrend.

I'm pretty hacked off, tbh. Still, my trading partner-in-crime Geofract is still in (both gbpjpy and cable) and he is probably quiet on the boards at the mo because his mouth is too full of pips for him to speak.

Could I ask anyone want sites they visit for news (reading, not video) that is updated frequently with analysis and reaction to events such as last night, esp if its forex / equity markets related? I look at Marketwatch, Forexnews, Forex.com, Bloomberg, but don't feel I have very fast or reactive sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.