Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
WS,
AUS 129/7, What a day it is turning out to be for england and for me as well!!
thinking of buying a ticket for day 3 on ebay.

Ashes in the bag already?

WS,
AUS 129/7, What a day it is turning out to be for england and for me as well!!
thinking of buying a ticket for day 3 on ebay.

Ashes in the bag already?

Sounds like you had a good day FT!(y)

Well done, mine has been wretched! Didnt see that move coming!

Ok dollar was weak - but has been weaker
Oil high but not galloped away.

Stochastics has shown many bearish divergences all day but prices kept climbing.
(i dont use oversold overbought from stochs just look for divergences)

Do you have the missing piece to the puzzle so i can make better sense and learn from today?

ATB
:)

i am short FTSE 4846 ...stop loss 4876

target 4816

Hi ws, that non losing streak of mine has come to an end! Two down days this week and ended down for the week - so given some of last weeks profits back.:whistling

I was short at 4847 but closed for -1. The dollar has strenghened againt gbp and € and oil has come down but ftse still seems strong and my confidence has taken a knock these last few days so thought i better step back.

I had called a number of good plays (but didnt taken them) and as soon as my confidence returned Mr Market slammer the door in my face.:LOL:

At least the cricket seems good today!

Any thoughts let me know.

atb

Sounds like you had a good day FT!(y)

Well done, mine has been wretched! Didnt see that move coming!

Do you have the missing piece to the puzzle so i can make better sense and learn from today?

ATB

Well,
I expected the home sales to be good. so i went long on dax. some might say it is risky to trade before the news. but that's me anyway. I took the calculated risk and it paid off well though i did not expect dax to go up nearly 50 points:cheesy:
But still trying to understand why cable fell after going up nearly 60 points after the news.It fell nearly 120 points soon afterwards. Looks strange to me. May be Bernanke said something of it is just England are playing well for a change!

Have a good w/e

Well,
I expected the home sales to be good. so i went long on dax. some might say it is risky to trade before the news. but that's me anyway. I took the calculated risk and it paid off well though i did not expect dax to go up nearly 50 points:cheesy:
But still trying to understand why cable fell after going up nearly 60 points after the news.It fell nearly 120 points soon afterwards. Looks strange to me. May be Bernanke said something of it is just England are playing well for a change!

Have a good w/e

Well done my friend, have a good weekend!:)

Well,

Have a good w/e

Nothing strange about the cable drop. Known as a 'wash and rinse', sucking in the longs and when the volume dries up, it heads south. Seen that time and time again when news is released (esp. us non-farm payrolls). In FX, price always tends to where the big orders are.

Nothing strange about the cable drop. Known as a 'wash and rinse', sucking in the longs and when the volume dries up, it heads south. Seen that time and time again when news is released (esp. us non-farm payrolls). In FX, price always tends to where the big orders are.

Thanks for the info and welcome to this thread(y)

from Ashraf Laidi

2009.08.21 10:56: Broad selling in USD and JPY as soaring oil is further extended by a higher than exp 7.2% jump in US July existing home sales (highest in 10 years). S&P500 +16 pts to 1,023, well above the 1,014 resistance, which is the 38% retracement of the decline from the all time high of October 2007 high to the 12-yr low of March 2009. Maintaining our bearishness with GBP as GBPUSD made a quick bounce towards $1.6622 after the US data before shedding a full cent w/in 45 mins. A close below $1.6470 and $1.4280 in cable and EURUSD remains a possibility, while USDCAD aims at holding above the 1.0740 support

wallstreet...u been watching cricket or trading..??
cricket getting exciting now...sod the trading

Bull flag negation alert .................watch this upward sloping trend line

Nasdaq market leader will dictate

Attachments

• US Tech 100 Daily Future (Se (21-AUG-09).png
    US Tech 100 Daily Future (Se (21-AUG-09).png
    21.8 KB · Views: 145
crude break down can cause market break down

next level 73 if we fail to hold 73.6

Attachments

• US Light Crude (OCT-09).png
    US Light Crude (OCT-09).png
    20.9 KB · Views: 122
ok so am bout to lose all i made in the week, shorting FTSE at 4845, not stopped yet, but I think I will be, when china opens Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.