Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD, I was thinking / observing a potential strategy. Not sure, how to test it really, but here it is. Will appreciate if you have any ideas on how to test it.

Conditions:
FTSE100 on a 10M chart, whenever bollinger bands are in the range of 30 or below (the tigher the better)

Entry: Enter at midpoint or closer to midpoint with one short and one long (can use two accounts if want to).

Limit on both to be of 30 and stop loss on both to be of 20.

Idea is that when the breakout occurs, in either direction. It will be break out of BB, and if your BB is about 15 points of less away from either breakout, then you will catch the up or down rift movement. Your alternative entry will stop at 20, and while your winner will stop at 30.

In essense it will give you 10 pips. If it works, then you can tradesize accordingly to make it worth your while.

Not familair with bollinger bands, but try this..

SD, I was thinking / observing a potential strategy. Not sure, how to test it really, but here it is. Will appreciate if you have any ideas on how to test it.

Conditions:
FTSE100 on a 10M chart, whenever bollinger bands are in the range of 30 or below (the tigher the better)

Entry: Enter at midpoint or closer to midpoint with one short and one long (can use two accounts if want to).

Limit on both to be of 30 and stop loss on both to be of 20.

Idea is that when the breakout occurs, in either direction. It will be break out of BB, and if your BB is about 15
points of less away from either breakout, then you will catch the up or down rift movement. Your alternative entry will stop at 20, and while your winner will stop at 30.

In essense it will give you 10 pips. If it works, then you can tradesize accordingly to make it worth your while.

.. on ftse 10min chart when u see market make to higher lows place a buy stop at the high of the bar which made the second higher low.

or wait for two lower highs and place a sell stop at the low minus 1 of the second lower high,

test them out.

Yes I am doing fine, thanks.

.. on ftse 10min chart when u see market make to higher lows place a buy stop at the high of the bar which made the second higher low.

or wait for two lower highs and place a sell stop at the low minus 1 of the second lower high,

test them out.

Yes I am doing fine, thanks.

This is based on the expectation that when market makes two higher lows, it will go further up and vice versa. Right? just confirming my understanding.

You know what I am trying out a new strategy and So far made 3 trades. On two of them, I got out early with just 2 or 3 pips, as I saw a major draw down (closer to my stop). Later they reached my profit target and came back - nothing lost so no problem.

Third time, same thing happened, and was close to stop loss but I decided to stick to my strategy, it came back with a few pips in profit, but I said - NO. I gotta stick to my strategy, it worked previous two times, I should stick to it. GUESS WHAT. Then it went back and touched my stoploss and came back.

I think once I have executed my strategy, I should just leave the computer and mentally writedown the stop loss level. If it goes in my favour - hurray! Otherwise, the loss was taken mentally already.

yes, but it will fall atleast 10-15 points after the close. It usually happens. so i am short 4650. sl 10 points

Last edited:
Good stuff fast trader. So how do you know about this? When FTSE having a sell-off, it always falls towards or after the end?

stop b/e

always amend to break even when it goes 10 points or more ...or some times even earlier depending on the confidence of my trade!!

but I got back in log @ 4708 again .........

4680..................key level now once again!!

I knew you were going to say that! I hadn't seen you post an ammendment. As ever you are the master!

where to ???
it is starting to look bullish....but no breakout yet
any news tomorrow that could make it bullish...??
33ykx9z.gif

a closer look at the potential upmove
the lows are only 10 points off the lowest low of the day
hardly bullish price action
could go either way imho

2rwkbup.gif

Good stuff fast trader. So how do you know about this? When FTSE having a sell-off, it always falls towards or after the end?

Cant say its always going to act a certain way but on a negative day the ftse will often close its final act like it did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.