Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here actually trade SPY etf? I often listen in on the americans discussing trading and get slightly confused on the symbols difference

Check out the the absolute pinpoint turn around on the pivot,

wdwznw0791382.png

z2650788.png

z2563584.png

S1 roughly respected but Nov high 1008 breached, now acting as short term resistance?

Do index-based ETFs hold every security in the underlying index?

ETFs based on specific indexes may not hold every security in the underlying index. Many indexes contain illiquid or
small capitalization securities that are costly to purchase and sell. In order to minimize transaction costs, these
ETFs often use optimization techniques to design portfolios that will closely track the underlying index, but not
necessarily hold all the securities in the underlying index. However, this strategy may also lead to tracking error.

ws
.the nas 100 chart
1 min data..10 days
box size 0.1% by 3 reversal
still looks bearish

Attachments

• NI-INDX_20090810_intra.jpg
    NI-INDX_20090810_intra.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 113
miners ....2 theories to trade off

1. short - due to Rio accusations and rift with chinese government

2. long - based on hopes of another chinese stimulus

we will soon find out as price action tells all

Last edited:
key levels for today

Oil $70.3 ....below that and i will short to $69

DAX 5440 ...

FTSE 4730

Last edited:
ws. the point and figures agree with youre analysis
dax...bearish.horizontal at youre price
1 min data points.10 pt box size by 3 reversal
4l2d0p.jpg

Morning All. Hope everyone has been rocking well.

CAD/JPY seems to be trading within a perfectly formed upward channel which is showing a flag pattern. A Good long could be 8800 as this conincides with the lower trendline of the flag as well as a bounce off the 20MA on the daily TF! Sorry cant post a chart but it's the only thing which stands out to me this morning.

Would be interested to hear what anyone elses take is on this.

:)

CAD/JPY seems to be trading within a perfectly formed upward channel which is showing a flag pattern. A Good long could be 8800 as this conincides with the lower trendline of the flag as well as a bounce off the 20MA on the daily TF! Sorry cant post a chart but it's the only thing which stands out to me this morning.

Watching it closely, Manya. On the daily the closes have a lower channel line @ 8855, but the 8800 on the daily lows would be a safer option for a long - if the horizontal res @ 8840 holds. I will be looking on lower tfs for a bias change at all those levels above, as I expect us to retest 8,940 after previous failed breakout.

Similar channel set up on the gbpjpy, but agree euro is clearer and the better on that side of the pair.

Opening range breakouts continue to treat me very well, EURCAD currently long from the overnight range on a retest of 15,400 - currently +70ish, EURJPY + 22 :)

13.30pm housing starts, CAD - shouldn't be much surprise, but heads up nonetheless

Good mornig all,
Just back from holiday, catching up this morning with what;s been happening. See that FTSE and SP500 have been going up like I expected, if not a bit choppy.
Hope you have all done well.
Will post some analysis later this afternoon.
papak

Very nice Mr. Lapster, well done! :clap:

Cheers - shouldn't really have had two euro trades running simultaneously though.

See CADCHF on the 5M- opening range 9966 / 9982 from yesterday night to 3am. 4am retest and then the usual second retest @ 8am. That should have been the second trade.

Good mornig all,
Just back from holiday, catching up this morning with what;s been happening. See that FTSE and SP500 have been going up like I expected, if not a bit choppy.
Hope you have all done well.
Will post some analysis later this afternoon.
papak

Hey Papak, welcome back!

Your expectations have proved well founded - I am all a googly right now reading up on time cycles, fascinating stuff.

Hope you had a restful break, look forward to your analysis. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.