Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seems to be saying it (FTSE) can't keep going up....but it does.

IMO, this last rally up and beyond 4700 is purely a bank and financials led rally following the BoE QE anouncement.

The sector is up over 5% and this I believe is dragging other stocks up as well.

Oil has not gone anywhere, dollar has strenghtened, mining sector is trading lower than this morning but FTSE higher!

I think the thing to watch is where bank stocks go at the mo.

Last edited:
kaisen, the bank stocks took us down, they may well be the ones to take us out as well?

Yeah, but banks true business model for income is lending and with so many businesses shedding jobs and looking good by virtue of cost cutting it all smells a bit funny.

Also the change of accountancy procedures in the US make banks look better and hide the true situation. They are currently considering changing the procedures again, which could make them look bad (true picture).
I just cant stop thinking that all the good news is because the investment side has been doing so well rather than traditional banking.

Given the increase in QE it all starts looking like a double dip - bank led again.

Time will tell but i cannot understand such a quick and strong stockmarket move when all the comment is for a slow recovery and jobless numbers keep increasing, business numbers continue to be bad and the UK have increased their QE.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.