Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out @ 4288 + 23

Ok guys 10 + 23 today, going to take the money and run.
Good luck & good trading.

Last edited:
Yeah, agreed on clear break of 8480/70.

This is probably a tight range correction, but nobody can be sure I suppose.

I am still tempted as 8505 was heavily rejected earlier.

Should have gone long on eur/usd this am at 14000 instead :)

I saw NZD/USB broke up a little. Are you trading it? I can't remember the numbers you were looking at?

Have you traded USD/CAD btw - I was thinking about putting that on my watch list. The chart doesn't look too spikey/noisey.

NZDUSD really trying to break higher, still watching but it needs to get past 6500 to make 6600 (2 June high) possible - the trend is ultimately up so this is the third test of the near 6500 level which if it passes puts me long, stop at 6480.

Don't think I've trade USDCAD, have levels marked in though, will look.

EDIT: OK as I write its possible preparing to break

well i managed to lose - 36 pts in that move...i shouldn't have even been in as i'd already hit my daily target.

so from being up 22 i'm now down - 14 pts on the day. what an @rse. need to knock stupid stuff like that on the head.

Yeah, agreed on clear break of 8480/70.

This is probably a tight range correction, but nobody can be sure I suppose.

I am still tempted as 8505 was heavily rejected earlier.

Should have gone long on eur/usd this am at 14000 instead :)

I saw NZD/USB broke up a little. Are you trading it? I can't remember the numbers you were looking at?

Have you traded USD/CAD btw - I was thinking about putting that on my watch list. The chart doesn't look too spikey/noisey.

Ooooh, see what you mean RE: EURUSD

Unfortunately I was too busy losing money on the ftse

This is my first post. i wanted to get involved in this discussion, as i am at a loss to explain this market. im currently short at 4297. It looks to me that this spike is running out of steam. Ive moved my sl to my in-price as i dont have any confidence that this market will behave. It looks like im just about to be taken out.

Just a very rough method Ive been doing recently, put the ftse on 5 min candles and draw a line right across the last couple weeks - 4300 seems a likely point for it to turn around.

Add in that it looks to have just put out a double top on 1 min candles, which should be good as a short term indicator and it might be worth looking at being short from 4.35 onwards but actually the sp500 is the decider when out of hours and Ive not checked that so who knows

edit: looking at sp500 5 min candles and to me it looks like we've had a top at this 930 price on the 16th & 19th
It was previously a resistance point on the 4th, 8th and 10th roughly. A decent time to bet one way or the other I would guess

There you go....at least im not down on the trade. But why does it always do that; Stop me out and then go in the opposite direction almost immedaitely?

tis the nature of the beast

It would be easy if it moved more consistently and everyone is looking for the easy money and so it becomes harder.
Got to figure out the points it bounces at I think, take a bet as it approaches or moves away and you capture most of the money movement but place yourself too close to the line and you just get alot of indecision.

Ive been stopped out just before the ftse dropped 100 points in an hour, I set my stop loss too tight, 2 more points and I would have been ok

I think this is related, theres like 4 stages or types of market and it pays to recognise and only surf the right waves!
Elliott wave principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elliott Wave Analysis Will Forecast Trend Duration in Advance

Im not sure those explain it well, Ive seen it clearer then that

Last edited:
because your stops are too tight.

My initial stop was at 4317. I just moved my SL down as the market moved down, and i didnt have any confidence it was going to stay there. I was up 10 points when i moved my SL. c'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.