Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lapalabra, what system you trading on cable?:)

Its a trend following system, but I've put in some breakout rules because of NFP report today - my basic idea from past experience is that a couple of hours before announcement it starts to position itself, ie. move outside its consolidation, and this can be a safer time than the announcement period itself.

I buy/sell on any confirmed move outside this range and continue to add to the position on as it moves through any other trend/S/R trendlines.

So 16060 / 16080 (top of down channel) / and the big one 26/28 May 4 June lows - 95 pips so far, I will be closing half hour before the actual announcement and apply same rules 30mins after. Putting this structure on the actual announcement I've tried before and been thrown all over the place - its work in progress.

Very good set up today though only cos 16000 - the big one - was so close as support.

Anyway, this is a FTSE thread, I'll keep quiet from now on, SD started it though :p

Its a trend following system, but I've put in some breakout rules because of NFP report today - my basic idea from past experience is that a couple of hours before announcement it starts to position itself, ie. move outside its consolidation, and this can be a safer time than the announcement period itself.

I buy/sell on any confirmed move outside this range and continue to add to the position on as it moves through any other trend/S/R trendlines.

So 16060 / 16080 (top of down channel) / and the big one 26/28 May 4 June lows - 95 pips so far, I will be closing half hour before the actual announcement and apply same rules 30mins after. Putting this structure on the actual announcement I've tried before and been thrown all over the place - its work in progress.

Very good set up today though only cos 16000 - the big one - was so close as support.

Anyway, this is a FTSE thread, I'll keep quiet from now on, SD started it though :p

Cheers:D Any further info, PM if you like, would be appreciated. Make hay while the sun shines!!(y)

Cheers:D Any further info, PM if you like, would be appreciated. Make hay while the sun shines!!(y)

Out for +90, yeah you can catch such smooth long moves with a trend in currencies, really getting into it - doesn't make it any easier though.

Anyway, half hour til NFP, ftse waiting for it now perhaps?

That wedge has tightened now...which way will it break - still feel from chart patterns and the overhead resistance we're looking at the downside

ugh, my short from 4495 the other day just stopped out at breakeven. I think I need to get a better exit strategy, I was up nearly 140pts yesterday and I could've taken profit, although it hadn't hit my target. Maybe I was being too greedy, not trading what I saw?

That wedge has tightened now...which way will it break - still feel from chart patterns and the overhead resistance we're looking at the downside

What do I know...

bad news but not as bad

IG froze on me...couldnt get any orders through

+140 thats amazing lapalabra.. i would be taking profit at anything +100 imo.. but i dont trade for such large tp's.... matybe i should..

And of course it's now falling like a stone after stopping me out by 2 points :LOL::cry:

cest la vie

And of course it's now falling like a stone after stopping me out by 2 points :LOL::cry:

cest la vie

that's what they (whoever "they" are) do..
ever think someone is sitting in the SB firm just witing to noble you before turning the market the other day for more profit?

:rambo:

Yup all the time :shuriken:

I'm tempted to short if we break below 4448.

+140 thats amazing lapalabra.. i would be taking profit at anything +100 imo.. but i dont trade for such large tp's.... matybe i should..

+140? I didn't make +140! Made +90 on Cables move up... Still think that the currency move couple of hours prior to NFP announcement is a good indicator on direction of markets - lets see next month.

As for FTSE, found out that although it froze a buy order did go through, but by the time I reloaded puredeal platform the pullback had stopped me out. That has really wound me up.

By the by, anyone on IG - CTRL and F5 does a 'hard refresh' of the platform (guy on the phone talked me thru it just now) if everything looks dodgy/freezes

:LOL::LOL:

Hmm... looks like the FTSE isn't falling, maybe we'll head back up for another retest of 4500?

nope i was joking, after watching dog exercise video on the web

I went long some june 4700 calls at 8.5 and sold them today for 11, will be buying them again when ftse100 falls today or Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.