Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
ws is it at all possble when you have time to pm or post the portfolio of markets you have open for a days trading please and the TF's you look at on those..

from what i have gathered so far the list consists at least of the following

dax
s&p
dow
us dollar index
gbp/usd
uup
ftse minning sector (rio)
ftse oil sector (brent crude?)
ftse bank sector (barclays)

any additonas, confirmation or advice from anyone would be much appreciated

thanks

edit: oh and the ftse of course

For my tuppence worth, read up on FTSE's own website (see attached fact sheet for starters).

As you can see, 10 companies make up 52% of FTSEs weighting - also notice the sector weightings and relation to oil/banking etc. Not saying these are necessarily the leaders, but a good place to start - what i did was tear off their prices and keep them up during the day, then changing them around with other companies, seeing the relation with the price movements and FTSE movements.

Spend time thinking of the connections with what effects what, getting a handle on constituents is useful.

Attachments

• FTSE_100_Index_Factsheet.pdf
    143.5 KB · Views: 140
4454 is my breakeven stop. I don't expect to last long but, you never know. it might go down. I'm not disposed to watch it, though.

Cheers, Split

For my tuppence worth, read up on FTSE's own website (see attached fact sheet for starters).

As you can see, 10 companies make up 52% of FTSEs weighting - also notice the sector weightings and relation to oil/banking etc. Not saying these are necessarily the leaders, but a good place to start - what i did was tear off their prices and keep them up during the day, then changing them around with other companies, seeing the relation with the price movements and FTSE movements.

Spend time thinking of the connections with what effects what, getting a handle on constituents is useful.

ah many thanks lapalabra...ws posted this a few days back.. i had a lok through but filed it.. will look closer..

are there any other tuition/informative sites anyone knows of that deal with the relation of markets to the ftse. i havent found a definitve one as yet..other than this pdf..?

guys good luck with your trades..

wherever i look though on the various TF's without taking any other markets into account for now, all i see is upward trending?

i did find this however on the 15 min re possibilities..

possible ascending wedge which some corner's would have us believe that the steeper lower support of the wedge will be broken at some stage..

as ever time will reveal

Attachments

• 15minwedge.jpg
    15minwedge.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 108
SD, did you know that jilted john became john shuttleworth?

his track, 'My Austin Ambassador Y Reg' is a classic :)

mr blix.. the guy is genious..

pubs and clubs, don't be afraid of the bumble bee, ken's bad wind...

i saw him 3 times around 10 years back.. got the albums.. even my 6 year old niece loves ambassador y reg (dont' keep asking me why reg) and 2 margarines on the go (it's a nightmare scenario)

:rambo:

mr blix.. the guy is genious..

pubs and clubs, don't be afraid of the bumble bee, ken's bad wind...

i saw him 3 times around 10 years back.. got the albums.. even my 6 year old niece loves ambassador y reg (dont' keep asking me why reg) and 2 margarines on the go (it's a nightmare scenario)

:rambo:

I've just listened to that 'back to savoury now'. thats hilarious.

and yet, its almost poetic. the poetry of the everyday.

Just closed for a couple of points. Yesterday's high is supporting the price, isn't it?

Definitely my lot, now, until Monday- :)

it's the magic 4444...it's like a magnet.

adhering to the wedge mr blix it seems.. though 4470 seems to be the checkpoint charlie..

edit adhering to the wedge mr blix it seems. which now appears to have morphed into an upward channel

@SD - you watching? made more on Cable now in the last hour on that post since it broke out as part of news strategy than I have on FTSE all week - not even announcement time yet, its positioning itself.

adhering to the wedge mr blix it seems.. though 4470 seems to be the checkpoint charlie..

edit adhering to the wedge mr blix it seems. which now appears to have morphed into an upward channel

I'm liking the wedge on 10M, still seems a wedge not channel to me - so many trendlines are convening on 4470...thinking any short over 4460 is a good trade with a stop other side of 4470, pending other confirmations

@SD - you watching? made more on Cable now in the last hour on that post since it broke out as part of news strategy than I have on FTSE all week - not even announcement time yet, its positioning itself.

Hi Lapalabra, what system you trading on cable?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.