Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great to find a website which identified news releases likely to cause sharp moves in markets

yes LeoE that's exactly what I meant, after ism news FTSE moved 20pts and DAX moved 45 pts.

Well I'm still in from earlier as my stop wasn't hit. I nearly got out when I saw it rising but stuck to my plan. Shall see what happens now. Interesting that us markets are going up/staying level whilst the FTSE is starting to fall.

I cant understand why the FTSE lagged so far behind the DAX today!?! What a margin! With the Dow through 8700 and the S&P at around 943!

I was sure the FTSE could get up to 4560 before pegging back down!

Did reasonably well on commodity stocks but the FTSE trades took the shine off everything!

URGH!

Any insight much welcome!:sneaky:

Nice call by the way Dr B - did you trade the short?

Nice call by the way Dr B - did you trade the short?

i made three calls today kaisen, all short.

11pts for the first one. second closed for break even (opened @ 4895) which i was disappointed about as it could have got me 20ish points. third was 9pts (very close that one too!).

no doubt i'll give them all back 2moro, plus interest :whistling

i know it goes against our wishes of a drop leo, but the SPX and FTSE have double bottoms don't they?

they look like they're in exact reverse of the two double tops, just before the march drop.

there's some very slight signs of bearish osc div, but not much.

whadeyareckon?

Any change you could post a chart up mate? I can't quite see where you're talking about

just a theory leo, don't know if there's anything to it, the SPX shows the same data:

Attachments

• FTSE DOUBLE TOP.JPG
    FTSE DOUBLE TOP.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 103
Ah ok. Where you have the recent double bottom, I believe thats a double top instead, as I think a bottom has to be at the bottom of a downtrend, a top is at the top of an uptrend. I reckon its a double (and possibly becoming triple) top at the moment.

Theres some good info on patterns and stuff here: StockCharts.com - ChartSchool - Chart Analysis

Ah ok. Where you have the recent double bottom, I believe thats a double top instead, as I think a bottom has to be at the bottom of a downtrend, a top is at the top of an uptrend. I reckon its a double (and possibly becoming triple) top at the moment.

Theres some good info on patterns and stuff here: StockCharts.com - ChartSchool - Chart Analysis

interesting leo, i didn't know that about bottoms/tops, i thought they could appear anywhere! :eek:

what about this?

Rectangles

i'm not being contrary just for the sake of it btw! it's just that i want a drop badly, but i'm trying to be really objective about the possibility.

there is a significant fibonacci cluster event june9-june 17....= or - 1 day
get youre shorting hats ready to put on.do not trust this rally

interesting leo, i didn't know that about bottoms/tops, i thought they could appear anywhere! :eek:

what about this?

Rectangles

i'm not being contrary just for the sake of it btw! it's just that i want a drop badly, but i'm trying to be really objective about the possibility.

Hmm... i'd not thought about rectangles, I guess it is confirmed by whichever way the price breaks out?

FTSE 100 , 1 yr daily

I will go long on Monday up to 3512

wait to see if there is any resistance in that area and then go long or short accordingly

will we reach 4680 level?

Good evening chaps .........

4312 was a good resistance level............

my trading plan worked well today, how did everybody else do?

I've had a nasty flu since the weekened, plenty of lemon honey being consumed!!

markets should be weak tomorrow and the next levels i will be watching that are key to this market will be

4472, 4444, 4430 ............gap fill support!!

see chart , 1 month 1 hr...............

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (26-MAY-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (26-MAY-09).png
    20.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
a massive support area looming at 4460 area
chart is 10 day candles

Attachments

• abig.gif
    abig.gif
    5 KB · Views: 120