Vote Conservative

Nobody needs to use expressions such as that. If they do, they should not post anything. If you are the kind of person that thinks that using the term "faggot" is a legitimate way to criticise someone, you are probably going to be a small loss anyway.

Using terms like "faggot" or similar terms of abuse such as "n*gger" are evidence of biggotry, idiocy or both.

My repu was for the definition of working class statement.

Why are you twisting and attacking my posts again. I said nothing of the sort.

Why do you continue persisting in sniping and attacking me with your tosh. You state my English is poor and intelligence low. Who made you judge and jury?

Do you know the definition of a biggot?

I will not be reporting you to the moderators for your slandering rubbish but recognise no doubt you mean well but it's lost in translation somewhere along the line.
As it happens I do like your posts Maiden. As this is public domain - similar to TV if something disagrees - one moves on. What is the point of all this name calling?

Nobody needs to use expressions such as that. If they do, they should not post anything. If you are the kind of person that thinks that using the term "faggot" is a legitimate way to criticise someone, you are probably going to be a small loss anyway.

Using terms like "faggot" or similar terms of abuse such as "n*gger" are evidence of biggotry, idiocy or both.

Seriously do you not understand my apology?

I have said sorry yet you want to keep going on about it...Do us a favour and drop it?

Seriously do you not understand my apology?

I have said sorry yet you want to keep going on about it...Do us a favour and drop it?

I did, and that is why I said nothing further about it to you. My response was to Atilla, as indicated by the fact that I quoted him in my replies - he said a number of things that I strongly disagree with, and didn't seem to understand the point of my objection.

My repu was for the definition of working class statement.

I'm sorry but I don't understand this point.

Why are you twisting and attacking my posts again. I said nothing of the sort.

What have I twisted? I attack your posts because they are full of nonsense. What is the "nothing of the sort" that you refer to?

Why do you continue persisting in sniping and attacking me with your tosh. You state my English is poor and intelligence low. Who made you judge and jury?

I can provide you with arguments for both if you wish. Nobody did - I am merely expressing and arguing an opinion. This does not make me "judge and jury".

Do you know the definition of a biggot?

Yes.

I will not be reporting you to the moderators for your slandering rubbish but recognise no doubt you mean well but it's lost in translation somewhere along the line.
As it happens I do like your posts Maiden. As this is public domain - similar to TV if something disagrees - one moves on. What is the point of all this name calling?

There is nothing for you to report. One moves on - I did, but you posted something new, to which I responded.

There is nothing for you to report. One moves on - I did, but you posted something new, to which I responded.

Maiden matey, I am not the best of souls and quite tactless and rude at times. I'm genuinely sorry for any of my posts that may have caused you upset.

Let's get back to discussing everything else again. No point in labouring lost causes - forgive the pun - all Labour voters who are losers in this election... :cheesy:

Maiden matey, I am not the best of souls and quite tactless and rude at times. I'm genuinely sorry for any of my posts that may have caused you upset.

Let's get back to discussing everything else again. No point in labouring lost causes - forgive the pun - all Labour voters who are losers in this election... :cheesy:

Fine by me.

OK then, as a discussion point the election results were widely expected, but I think the way they're viewed and reported is interesting.

The Tories did worst in my opinion. They've got 13 years of the ruling party, with broadly sympathetic media coverage, a tightly-controlled party that has gone along with the leadership's "modernisation" programme, a country in a shocking state, and an incredibly unpopular PM who had an awful campaign. Plus the economy is the main issue for the voters - and the Tories still can't get a majority? Conditions should have been all but perfect for them.

Lib Dems did badly to lose seats without a doubt. But the expected surge was obviously quite temporary, and they more or less held their own. So they would have hoped for better, but didn't (in my opinion) do too badly in reality.

And Labour? Well, with all the negatives above against them, they still ended up only 50 seats behind the Tories.

In my opinion, the party that did by far the best under the circumstances was Labour. Given the conditions they had a fantastic result. I see no reason why they couldn't easily be back in next time.

This election should have been the Tories' 1997 - swept to a crushing victory on a tide of the unpopularity of the Government. I think Tory voters should be thinking very seriously about what went wrong. The Tories "lost" this election - personally, I think that they've been losing it for years.

Last edited:
Fine by me.

OK then, as a discussion point the election results were widely expected, but I think the way they're viewed and reported is interesting.

The Tories did worst in my opinion. They've got 13 years of the ruling party, with broadly sympathetic media coverage, a tightly-controlled party that has gone along with the leadership's "modernisation" programme, a country in a shocking state, and an incredibly unpopular PM who had an awful campaign. Plus the economy is the main issue for the voters - and the Tories still can't get a majority? Conditions should have been all but perfect for them.

Lib Dems did badly to lose seats without a doubt. But the expected surge was obviously quite temporary, and they more or less held their own. So they would have hoped for better, but didn't (in my opinion) do too badly in reality.

And Labour? Well, with all the negatives above against them, they still ended up only 50 seats behind the Tories.

In my opinion, the party that did by far the best under the circumstances was Labour. Given the conditions they had a fantastic result. I see no reason why they couldn't easily be back in next time.

This election should have been the Tories' 1997 - swept to a crushing victory on a tide of the unpopularity of the Government. I think Tory voters should be thinking very seriously about what went wrong. The Tories "lost" this election - personally, I think that they've been losing it for years.

Interesting assessment.

Re:seats,

Tories +97
Labour -91 - biggest losers...
Liberal -5

My take on Tories is that people still remember their policies under previous rulers - and we are still paying the price for their ****-ups today. Big time...

They also know with PR voting they are not likely to get back into power as easily as before.

Taxation is the answer but Tories got this all wrong before and will do so again that is the night-mare scenario. Give more money to the rich bankers... Watch this space.

It's curious; people go on about the problems of coalition government, but in fact the three most significant parties are themseves made up of coalitions.

The Tories are part your old Telegraph-reading colonels, Tufton-Bufton's and Miss Marple-types, who haven't quite got over the loss of the colonies, think homosexuals should be horsewhipped, and that blacks made jolly good servants but are not quite sure what they are doing over here; part Mail-reading middle-England types; part Sun etc-reading Mondeo man.

Labour are part (disappearing) trade-unionists, leftie activists, intellectuals, still basking in the glories of the 1945 landslide; part relics from the 70s, still wondering how Maggie got in; and of course part Blairite-Mandelsonite New Labour true believers.

LibDems are part sandal-wearing, on-the-one-hand-on-the-other-hand-Guardian-readers, gradually being displaced by sharp-suited semi-Blairite-types (but friendlier to Europe) like Clegg.

If people are serious about a coalition that is in the national interest, then the only one that might make sense is one of all three parties, with ministers chosen pro-rata according the election results (seats or votes). After all, it worked in the war (although there were only two parties involved then).

Interesting assessment.

Re:seats,

Tories +97
Labour -91 - biggest losers...
Liberal -5

My take on Tories is that people still remember their policies under previous rulers - and we are still paying the price for their ****-ups today. Big time...

I think this is very true in terms of perception. Rightly or wrongly, "Tory" is a poisonous word in huge swathes of the country. Where are the Tory MPs in Wales, Scotland, the urban centres of the North?

They also know with PR voting they are not likely to get back into power as easily as before.

Taxation is the answer but Tories got this all wrong before and will do so again that is the night-mare scenario. Give more money to the rich bankers... Watch this space.

I think that the Tories made a serious error in the last few years. They alienated a lot of their core supporters, but failed to attract enough voters from elsewhere.

The numbers of seats lost or gained are big obviously, but Labour started from a very high number and the Tories from a low one, so you'd expect a big move. The market was over-extended and needed a correction so to speak. I think the Tories have run into resistance :LOL:.

I think that the Tories made a serious error in the last few years. They alienated a lot of their core supporters, but failed to attract enough voters from elsewhere.

The numbers of seats lost or gained are big obviously, but Labour started from a very high number and the Tories from a low one, so you'd expect a big move. The market was over-extended and needed a correction so to speak. I think the Tories have run into resistance :LOL:.

Meanwhile, support didn't hold for Labour.

I can remember Nigel Lawson, John Major and George Soros knocking the bottom out of the pound in 1992. Do you believe that the conservatives are any better today?

Do you remember Gordon Brown selling off Britain's gold?

I am surprised that Nick Clegg was not given a chance. Perhaps, in the next election, in about a year or eighteen months, he'll do better.

I'm sorry to say that Spain is in no better shape with only two parties insulting each other, instead of getting on with running the country.

During the last few years any bunch of idiots could govern. Keeping a population happy with plenty of cash is easy. Now, most of the European leaders are facing a population up to its eye-balls in debt and they don't know what to do except blame the other party.

I can remember Nigel Lawson, John Major and George Soros knocking the bottom out of the pound in 1992. Do you believe that the conservatives are any better today?

Do you remember Gordon Brown selling off Britain's gold?

That was only his number 2 mistake. Number 1 mistake was that he should have seen the financial mess coming. But no he didn't. He was too busy preening himself up as the greatest financial guru since Adam Smith. The clot !!

I am surprised that Nick Clegg was not given a chance. Perhaps, in the next election, in about a year or eighteen months, he'll do better.

Fat chance, he wants us to join a busted currency

I'm sorry to say that Spain is in no better shape with only two parties insulting each other, instead of getting on with running the country.

During the last few years any bunch of idiots could govern. Keeping a population happy with plenty of cash is easy. Now, most of the European leaders are facing a population up to its eye-balls in debt and they don't know what to do except blame the other party.

I am seriously suggesting some sort of IQ test to get pollies with some sort of intelligence, and better have a dash of integrity too while we are at it

:)

Well, I hope that Clegg has been reading the papers since then. If he hasn't, then, hard luck. Just domn't trust Cameron too much, either. He likes to look smart at question time and raise a laugh but I think that that is all he is good for excepr, as I said, when there are good times. The country runs itself, then.

Last edited:
The country runs on handouts...the sooner it stops the better...then everyone will know exactly what they are worth...and exactly what position they hold in the pecking order.

The country runs on handouts...the sooner it stops the better...then everyone will know exactly what they are worth...and exactly what position they hold in the pecking order.

That's where we are going wrong is it?

Hand outs! That is the problem to all our sorrows...

I'm sure these people in these pictures have no idea of their worth.

Bleeding toe rags - the lot of em...

Attachments

• SpitalfieldsSoupKitchenILN1867.jpg
    SpitalfieldsSoupKitchenILN1867.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Dore-Refuge-ApplyingForAdmittance.jpg
    Dore-Refuge-ApplyingForAdmittance.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Thomson-DestituteWomanAndBaby.jpg
    Thomson-DestituteWomanAndBaby.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 379
That's where we are going wrong is it?

Hand outs! That is the problem to all our sorrows...

I'm sure these people in these pictures have no idea of their worth.

Bleeding toe rags - the lot of em...

Yes you see...when I pay my huge tax bills..I'd rather like to see something of value for it...but all I see is a growing bunch of spongers. Nanny state is not good...it makes people lazy and dependant.

Very true as they are all dead.

Paul

How dare you! Bloated plutocrat!

We need communism soonest. The workers were much better off under that, rather than being exploited by evil capitalist scum-pigs like you.

Well, you know, most of them. They had lower living standards and that but, er, at least they weren't being you know, exploited and that.

OK, and it was bad for the millions that were imprisoned in slave-labour camps. And the millions that were executed. And the millions that died in the Ukrainian Genocide. And, er, um, well.

Global capitalism grinds the faces of the poor in the dirt. It doesn't lift them out of poverty and hasn't transformed living standards and, er, oh dear.

"Workers of the world unite for a white South Africa!"

Oh bugger.

Poor ole Maiden seems a bit confused :cheesy:

Maybe he meant " scum bags of the world unite " or something

:LOL: