Vote Conservative

There's a free bet on betfair atm.

[ Sports > Politics > UK ]

"No 2 elections in 2010" is currently floating around 1.15-1.20, it shouldn't be anywhere near that, you could probably aim to get 1.05-8 off it. Easy money!

Phil

Its adios Gordon

or as Arnie might have put it as he dropped him over the precipice

Hasta la vista baby

Its adios Gordon

or as Arnie might have put it as he dropped him over the precipice

Hasta la vista baby

No weeping for Gordon certainly. But does anyone welcome the unholy Blu-Lab / Limp Dump axis of evil?

My advice is to hoard Sterling. It will come in handy for wiping your 4rse when the country can no longer afford to import bog-roll with its worthless Sterling.

No weeping for Gordon certainly. But does anyone welcome the unholy Blu-Lab / Limp Dump axis of evil?

Strangely enough it might just work because :-
1. Both parties have been out of power for some time
2. Opposites can sometimes gel like Blair/Bush or Thatcher/Reagan or Paisley/McGinnis

and they stop each other committing to foolish ways before rather than after. It is certainly going to be a testing time though

Strangely enough it might just work because :-
1. Both parties have been out of power for some time
2. Opposites can sometimes gel like Blair/Bush or Thatcher/Reagan or Paisley/McGinnis

and they stop each other committing to foolish ways before rather than after. It is certainly going to be a testing time though

A testing time without doubt.

I can see the point about opposites possibly being a useful combination. The thing that worries me is that the Libs are going to be in favour of Nu-Lab style policies (the kind that got us here in the first place) thus preventing the hard-headed ones among the Tories (if there are any left) from pushing through the unpleasant medicine that we need.

It makes a lot of sense this coalition from where i'm sat....checks and balances.

The best news of all...we won't need to be listening to Campbell, Mandy, Adonis and Salmond....bloody marvelous!

It makes a lot of sense this coalition from where i'm sat....checks and balances.

The best news of all...we won't need to be listening to Campbell, Mandy, Adonis and Salmond....bloody marvelous!

Their own mothers wouldn't mind never hearing from that lot again.

I wonder though how far apart the Tories and the Libs really are under the rhetoric.

I think that this coalition makes it (even more) likely that the difficult decisions will be punted down the road. The IMF guys should get their London hotel rooms booked and start looking up the phone numbers for UK-based hookers.

Their own mothers wouldn't mind never hearing from that lot again.

I wonder though how far apart the Tories and the Libs really are under the rhetoric.

I think that this coalition makes it (even more) likely that the difficult decisions will be punted down the road. The IMF guys should get their London hotel rooms booked and start looking up the phone numbers for UK-based hookers.

I think the stakes are way too high for any messing around...party politics.

Must be some Blair Babes looking for work just at the moment.

I reckon we've got about the best outcome possible with checks and balances as stated.

I also think to deal with our collosal debt we need a coalition government and I suspect Clegg will be a big bonus for Cameron. Assuming they can work together. Two young prime ministers, let's hope their reign lasts a long time and we have decades of stability.

I hope it doesn't turn into a Blair Brown relationship but power can be intoxicating.

(y)

I reckon we've got about the best outcome possible with checks and balances as stated.

I also think to deal with our collosal debt we need a coalition government and I suspect Clegg will be a big bonus for Cameron. Assuming they can work together. Two young prime ministers, let's hope their reign lasts a long time and we have decades of stability.

I hope it doesn't turn into a Blair Brown relationship but power can be intoxicating.

(y)

From memory, you wanted lib dems didn't you? I actually think the coalation will govern more like ld than Tory, and ld voters will be quite pleased overall with the result.

From memory, you wanted lib dems didn't you? I actually think the coalation will govern more like ld than Tory, and ld voters will be quite pleased overall with the result.

Yes - but numbers didn't add up.

I wanted Liberals cause I believe in their policies and I consider Clegg to be a good candidate and I think he has thus far proven him self well.

Stable well balanced government is good. I'm happy.

I'm not sure how it will be governed. There is bound to be some friction. Nothing that can't be managed I'm sure. There are lot of interests at heart to make this work.

I also liked Camerons speech. He vouched that he supported public service. He better. Public have shown their hand and next time round Conservatives may well be decimated if they repeat old Tory hatchet policies.

I'll give'em benefit of the doubt so far as it is to repeat the phrase in National interest. I wait with optimistic anticipation of the bankers getting a pasting. Otherwise all hell will brake loose imho.

Well at least they might not throw so much taxpayers money down various financial black holes like 3rd world spongers who give nothing back. Maybe some long ago ideas like good investing will kick in !

Yes, I would agree with that.

I am getting used to the idea of coalition government and people working together.

It will make a welcome change if it works.

I wish them all the best of luck because they are probably going to need it.

On another note, I sincerely hope that Eddie "Testicles" Balls is elected as Labour leader. This guy is so obnoxious and repugnant that it would make for a very long series of Cameron administrations.

Can't wait to see Cleggover explain this one to the party conference, the beard count should rise there now !? Was it not the tories that said a hung parliament would be a disaster and that if you vote Clegg you get Brown ?? Lol. I keep getting told to 'give it a chance.'

How far has Britain come? Well 70% of the cabinet went to Oxbridge, 1 is from an ethnic minority and 2 are women, and over 70% went to public school.. Return of the 'Goverrning Classes' !?

Up the workers, and come the real revolution......

How far has Britain come? Well 70% of the cabinet went to Oxbridge, 1 is from an ethnic minority and 2 are women, and over 70% went to public school.. Return of the 'Goverrning Classes' !?

Rubbish.

Nothing wrong with an Oxford or Cambridge education.

And as for fee paying schools, if you can afford it then bloody well go for it.

Up the workers, and come the real revolution......

I understand that standards have slipped since I was there, but I think that it's a good thing if a minister has been to Oxford (or even Cambridge at a push lol).

As for public school, well at least it means they're likely to have had a decent education, unlike most of the unfortunate millions abandoned to the horrors of the British state system. There are good "state" schools obviously, like the ones that the loathesome Blair creature used and now (apparently) Callmedave will use, although these tend to be state schools in the same way that Gucci loafers are shoes.

I see the whole issue of which school one went to as a question of money and not one of class.

A rich chav might send his child to a fee paying school as I am sure John Terry does but a poor toff would have to send his penniless stuck up brat to the crappy comprehensive down the road.

I see the whole issue of which school one went to as a question of money and not one of class.

A rich chav might send his child to a fee paying school as I am sure John Terry does but a poor toff would have to send his penniless stuck up brat to the crappy comprehensive down the road.

Absolutely it's about money, although not necessarily school fees. Some people pay their fees via their mortgages. Others, like the Odious Blair Cretin, use influence to get their brats into "state" :)lol::LOL::LOL:) schools like the Oratory.

Contrary to what people think, we have widespread selection in the state system. It's just not based on ability.