• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] ViroMajor’s portofolio investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Viro Major

From soon until sometime in 2021, the portofolio will run in demo. Afterwards, it will be funded to serve as a live benchmark versus my own trading, starting when the associated Darwin would launch, if I maintain my commitment to participate at Darwinex without too much hassle facing my own actions, which happen at Advantage Futures, Dukascopy & LMAX New Zealand principally. For the purpose, I plan use a copy trader (www.aimfx.com) between Sierra Chart and MT4 but still have to verify that it works flawlessly and whether or not I hand pick / filter trades out of the master account to propose something more suited to Darwinex (right now I daytrade, scalp and swing about equally)

Debuting 1st october 2020 in demo, equally allocated, hopefully a bit varied in approaches :
- PDC, from @Pure Pip Producer
- PII, from @TradeSignalMachine (newly working as a content creator for Darwinex on YouTube)
- SKI, from @StokesBay
- SKN, from @SKForex
- SYO, from @SERSANSISTEMAS
- THA, from @finbou

Disclaimer : I’m absolutely not putting outstanding research efforts to come up with the previous selection. It is merely based on a succint instinctive review, mixing a couple of “flagships” (SYO & THA) representing the past success of Darwinex, as well as backing promising “newcomers“ (in reality with quite some experience) whose approach of trading I either relate to the knowledge and want to support (PDC) or dare to give some form of validation around the competency of the provider ...when it’s far from my usual target style with some reluctance (PII).
In other words, I’m also venturing outside of my comfort zone with :
- automated trading but “diversified” to try to mitigate the flaw (SYO) and partially automated trading (PII)
- fundamental trading (SKI)
- news trading (THA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure?
Parent strategy is UYZ and the traders defines himself as manual...
My mistake ...corrected

The research isn’t fresh (as of today). Something was telling me it was weird that I chose to retain so many algo providers lol It makes more sense now, thanks ! I stayed away from NTI also for this reason, I didn’t want an excess of “pinpointed” algos inside my basket, cause I distrust one can adapt machines to fit market condition shifts, even through refined technics like walk-forward conception

Only time will tell.

I’m not in with high hopes but wouldn’t mind to be surprised (who wouldn’t)... My plan is to launch the portfolio and forget about it. I will accept losses. Got no special expectations of success.
With this exercice, my goal is to get my feet wet to understand the investors’ side from the inside, in practice not theory

I’ve verified the correlations indicated by Darwinex. They’re all close to 0, but not negative. I’m okay with the outcome of my primal picking.

Unrelated, pretty sure that 6 investments is too much unwise diversification. A weak choice by principle. The lack of audacity may cost me money.

Tradesignalmachine and ... are spectacular traders, I am investing their flagships WFJ and ... 👍

Why is it hurting my eyes and feelings when a programmer is called a trader 😵 The commitments are opposite in extreme ways

I retweeted this yesterday
79D92339-A5C4-4564-A1AC-C129FB7B1418.jpeg

(I‘m enjoying this coach exceptionally. He produces quality content to relate to)

Still, totally different worlds appart. I don’t have 300 employees and some technology deployed would be out of reach. Also there‘s too much pleasure and perpetual room from evolution with finesse at being behind the commands manually. When I was coding, I found it very boring and limiting. As reference, I’m longing rather at the success of prop shop traders of Futex or Marex Spectron in the City

I’ll look up for Pan Capital

So, tonight is the night.
In order to get the performance for the complete final quarter of 2020, I will enter at 00:15, 15 minutes after the daily market break (23:55-00:00) to skip the poor speads and liquidity at reopening

PS: in my thread any external feedback / opinion is welcomed. I’m here to progress and learn as well

GG vous leur mettez la misère une seconde fois. Heureusement qu’il y a un capitaine ne sautant pas à l’eau, qui tient la barque 😋

F85F9EA5-5756-435D-979E-65167AA7F86A.jpeg

After only 10 days, -0.85%

In details

PDC +1.48% ( @Pure Pip Producer indicates me there‘s a bug in the reporting: his perf should really be around +3.04% for october... https://www.darwinex.com/fr/invest/PDC)
PII -0.10%
SKI -0.20%
SKN -0.26%
SYO -3.59%
THA -0.67%

Search the errors ?
Some fall faster than others, yet don’t dare to make a pause. The most active which doesn’t stop (machines ON) is also the biggest loser.

yes but for one the time will pass faster. We’ll check from fact if less is more but just compiling some basic stats on Excel proves it. The theory validates the approach of PPP
The only deadline you cannot really expand is death, so better take your time and play it safe before

Status
Not open for further replies.