[PORTFOLIO] WhatsthatGuy investments

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatsthat Guy

29 27
Good afternoon,

i'm new on investment (early retired) and i wish i would know more from pure pip producer because the risk management is better on the maximum drawdown. I study darwinex since few weeks and view from Germany, there is no doubt the one who has the better drawdown management is the one who is right. All other speeches are useless. Only the risk management speaks. View from the darwinex point of view, if i understand well, the one who has the lower (what they call) value at risk, is the better one and so the one who has to be listened. I've money to invest and for me, the most important is the risk management : maximum drawdown and now the value at risk looks also important. all the rest is not important especially if the trader speaks well or not to the others. numbers speaks only. I'll never put some money in traders who says they will lose for months and say that one day maybe the money would come back. There is already the stocks markets for that, right? What i 'm looking for is someone sure of his talent and with and low drawdown/value at risk. Because if something goes wrong that give me the advantage to know it very quickly!

itstradingtime

77 214
Good afternoon,

i'm new on investment (early retired) and i wish i would know more from pure pip producer because the risk management is better on the maximum drawdown. I study darwinex since few weeks and view from Germany, there is no doubt the one who has the better drawdown management is the one who is right. All other speeches are useless. Only the risk management speaks. View from the darwinex point of view, if i understand well, the one who has the lower (what they call) value at risk, is the better one and so the one who has to be listened. I've money to invest and for me, the most important is the risk management : maximum drawdown and now the value at risk looks also important. all the rest is not important especially if the trader speaks well or not to the others. numbers speaks only. I'll never put some money in traders who says they will lose for months and say that one day maybe the money would come back. There is already the stocks markets for that, right? What i 'm looking for is someone sure of his talent and with and low drawdown/value at risk. Because if something goes wrong that give me the advantage to know it very quickly!
Ahahahahahah you made my day, dear PurePipProducer. Or should I say, dear Whatsthat Guy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Muiris

132 238
Poor pips max cap 3.79 million. you can at least half that.

he can post as many pictures of boats and clips from billions, but he will be maxed out by 1 million.

I guess poor pips should have dreamt bigger when he was creating his strategy. such limiting thinking and beliefs lol

Attachments

• Inkedpoor pips_LI.jpg
    Inkedpoor pips_LI.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52

LongVision

177 324
Good afternoon,

Typically mentality of an average investor, low drawdown and high return.

Muiris

132 238
i'm new on investment (early retired) and i wish i would know more from pure pip producer because the risk management is better on the maximum drawdown. I study darwinex since few weeks
I think you will be looking for a job again in a few years.

poor pips has 5 month of track record and numerous blown accounts.

his 30 pip flukes are not good risk mgt.

Whatsthat Guy

29 27
Longvison: i am sorry but until now i think it's better this "typically mentality" low drawdown, high return than the oppoisite? High drawdown, low return? I don't undertand you but i've nothing against you, sorry.

Muiris: yes i know all the story, i read all of you since 2 months. My choice is my choice for the moment, let's see if i can earn a bit of money. it is clear. i like this curve because as i said, if something goes wrong one day, i could see it quickly. it is an advantage for me and from my point of view.

Cavalierverde: thank you i am in touch with him via twitter he answered to me finally.

Reactions: Viro Major

LongVision

177 324
Longvison: i am sorry but until now i think it's better this "typically mentality" low drawdown, high return than the oppoisite? High drawdown, low return? I don't undertand you but i've nothing against you, sorry
I want to say that an average investor always looks for beautiful equity curve without looking for hidden risk.
Hidden risk here means-
1.Shorter Trackrecord- No Statistical significance.
2.High Risk- High risk trading such as grid
3.Luck-Trader without alpha on winning streak.

Last edited:

Whatsthat Guy

29 27
i see short track record no problem, about high risk trading grid i trust the darwinex algorithm to avoid this, about alpha i think purepiproducer is pure alpha, not because of his name but because of what i see on fxblue and trading journal of darwinex PDC. Thank you for advices! i wish you good luck and i keep in memory if i win money i come to say here and also if i lose money i come to say here! Nice week-end to all!

LongVision

177 324
i see short track record no problem, about high risk trading grid i trust the darwinex algorithm to avoid this, about alpha i think purepiproducer is pure alpha, not because of his name but because of what i see on fxblue and trading journal of darwinex PDC. Thank you for advices! i wish you good luck and i keep in memory if i win money i come to say here and also if i lose money i come to say here! Nice week-end to all!
Good luck for your investment journey.

Reactions: CavaliereVerde
V

Viro Major

0 0
Poor pips max cap 3.79 million. you can at least half that.

he can post as many pictures of boats and clips from billions, but he will be maxed out by 1 million.

I guess poor pips should have dreamt bigger when he was creating his strategy. such limiting thinking and beliefs lol

Not taking into account that 1M at 50% would generate equal perf fees that 5M at 10% anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Pure Pip Producer

Gargamel

244 465
i see short track record no problem
If you don't know the trader personally,investing in short track-record is gambling.You don't know how deep will be his DD,you don't know how he will behave during DD and if he will keep trading or abandon darwin.
You don't know where to put reasonable stop-loss order,because you have no reference point of what is his normal DD.
In short track-record it is impossible to know if trader is lucky or skillful.It takes several market phases to see if he can handle unfavourable market.
@Viro Major sorry for spamming,I couldn't resist.

Whatsthat Guy

29 27
Good evening,

Gargamel: i speak with the trader of pdc he says to me to put stoploss at the 3 months « floating quarter », clicking on « 3M ». I think it is a good thing because for example now it’s 9%. He says the same thing he write on forums, no surprise. About behavior changing of the trader i trust the risk manager algorithm of darwinex, i think we can trust it? Skills are proven by the trading journal of the darwins, short or long track record is not important so, if the algortihm of darwinex do the job, no fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock