[PORTFOLIO] WhatsthatGuy investments

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Whatsthat Guy

18 24
But we can stop the investment if it start to become losing? The money isn't blocked? To trust, i need to do +10% in the next 3 months with risking 10%, if pdc do this i trust to invest much more.

CavaliereVerde

Established member
573 832
I suggest you to read this guide

TrungLN

72 116
i'm new on investment (early retired) and i wish i would know more from pure pip producer because the risk management is better on the maximum drawdown.
Welcome to our forum!
I think you surely older than me (32 yrs) .
So, I'd like to show some respect at first.

Actually, after 4 years in this trading world, I know I still an baby. I know I'm not any genius. I'm just an very very normal average human.
But, I learnt that there is nothing absolutely right and versa in this trading world. Just, about it fits to our taste/case or not.

About PPP:
- Trading skills: he seems to have some talend. 5 month win in a row of PDC with only ~2% DD is not easy to duplicate even by the best. As this point, he gains some respect from me.
- Debate/contribution attitude: at this points, he's so awful. Most of members here, I think, can feel it. When anyone tries to debate with him about his strategy, instead of showing evidence, showing method, showing his expertise, he chooses to jump into Darwinian of others, try to pick the most ugly points (in unfavour market) and make fun for him. By this, people learn little things when talking with him and some get angry with his word. With me, I feel no problem, I can not control his personality and word. He can say what he want.

And in case, you want to invest with him, it's also fine. Just, jump into his Darwinians (he has 4 XRT, CTA, KIT, EON) and try to analyze, you will find out soon a common points among them and current PDC.

One more points, as your word, you need high return and low DD, no need long track record. I think with your specs, MQL signals are very better than Darwinex. A lot of signals on MQL market very impressive. You can copy with a suitable ratio and stop loss.

In case, you love Risk Manager of Darwinex, @Gargamel already post a lot of typical cases about very good Darwinians crashed after interviewing and he also shared some good tips to choose and enter a Darwinian.

Gargamel

162 308
i speak with the trader of pdc he says to me to put stoploss at the 3 months « floating quarter », clicking on « 3M ». I think it is a good thing because for example now it’s 9%.
I think this is unreasonable rule.Consider this quite possible situation:
PDC.png

If trader goes into absolutely normal DD of 2,9% in December,you will have to abandon investment at grand total of 4% DD from top achieved.It doesn't take much to have floating red Quarter.Now,you see it would take 9%, but later it can take only few %,while 5% DD is absolutely normal for darwins.Keep in mind that PDC trades with max.leverage available so he can climb high with few trades and he can go down also quickly with only one or two mistakes.
If he doesn't progress in December(0% profit),it will take little more than 1% DD in January to trigger your SL.

Last edited:

Whatsthat Guy

18 24
Good morning,

TrungNL: i am 55 years old. Congratulations, 4 years of trading is more than me because i only try in demo and i lost in demo. I agree purepipproducer isn’t normal person. What is different is he can exit pips very easy like he has unlocked something in his head. This is what i understood from the story. In my opinion, it is the reason why he is not « normal person ». Have an erection when trading make me laugh incredibly. Also, i see xrt,cta,kit,eon and i see the trading journal of trading account, thank you. it is not burn account like i read in previous post. It is stopped account. It is different. I prefer a manager who stop from my point of wiew.

Gargamel: thank you for advices. I think you are right. 3M stoploss is very extreme. I think even purepipproducer can’t be so profitable in long term or i would like to wait and see. I think i will check this 3M just for the thrill. I better put the stoploss -10% and the stopprofit +10% for 3 months. I don’t touch for 90 days then i will see if i win or loss. Thank you for advices to all! Good week-end!

TrungLN

72 116
I agree purepipproducer isn’t normal person. What is different is he can exit pips very easy like he has unlocked something in his head. This is what i understood from the story. In my opinion, it is the reason why he is not « normal person ».
About this point, I'm same thinking with you!
I can feel the difference in thinking from him and other traders (like me).
Like we know, to make something big/outstanding, we have to think differently, think outside of the box.
After a while, I wish he could limit his word/style in debate and continue as a member of this forum.
So, we can have more discussing with more trading thinking/mind (Diversity is also good, isn't it?).
There always has 2 sides of one thing (the bad and the good).
I try to learn from both the bad and the good.

CavaliereVerde

Established member
573 832
After a while, I wish he could limit his word/style in debate and continue as a member of this forum.
So, we can have more discussing with more trading thinking/mind (Diversity is also good, isn't it?).
We can be better traders but we cannot change our personality.
He was behaving exactly as 4 years ago when he was banned from the old community.
We are all different, in age, nationality, experience, trading style and expectations but we are able to discuss without insulting each other.
His position of: "I am the only trader in the world everyone else is an idiot/loser" isn't the right way to partecipate public forums.

FXforfun

25 36
I feel a little of bitter arguments here as anything related to 'Pure pip producer'. He's a controversial man, personally I like his funny style, but I don't like so much when any post distorts any time he's mentioned.
Any investor should focus on maximum return and minimum Drawdawn, right? Some of the comments here suggest that should be a bad advice. Well, if our goal is to win money I can't think on any better advice.

Problem is that Darwins with short time and/or small number of trades are statistically insignificant to make any conclusion. I wouldn't trust them unless the trader behind could expose similar Darwins with statistical significance and success (even so I'd choose his other Darwins).
Another problem is that ANY strategy with linear growth more sooner than later will crush because it's overoptimized, martingalled, doesn't use stoploss and various other reasons that I don't care too much. Eventually they crush no matter what. That's one of the very few certainties of this business, these systems vanish with time and I've seen that usually the trader behind come back again with a renewed holy grial. Hundreds of examples on MQL, no need to put names surely the most veterans traders could think on several examples.

It can take a month, it can take a year but they crush for sure. Golden rule. If you are a gambling investor Ok; you can win a lot of money. If you look for consistency and long time survival it's a death wrong path. Not an opinion, it's a fucking fact.

Some equitys are really appealing but any of these perfect equities pass neither the basic filters neither survive more than 1-2 years on the best of luck.
On this sense I reckon that D-Score makes a good job to prevent a naive investor.

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

CavaliereVerde

Established member
573 832
Any investor should focus on maximum return and minimum Drawdawn, right? Some of the comments here suggest that should be a bad advice. Well, if our goal is to win money I can't think on any better advice.
The point is that you dont' make money with past return and you dont' lose money with past drawdown, so my priorities are different.
  1. significance of the results (as you mentioned)
  2. robustness of the strategy
  3. honesty of the trader

Reactions: TrungLN and Pulse07

Muiris

78 135
Any investor should focus on maximum return and minimum Drawdawn, right? Some of the comments here suggest that should be a bad advice.
Another problem is that ANY strategy with linear growth more sooner than later will crush because it's overoptimized, martingalled, doesn't use stoploss and various other reasons that I don't care too much. Eventually they crush no matter what. That's one of the very few certainties of this business
ermm.....

Whatsthat Guy

18 24
Good morning,

I study darwinex with youtube videos. I like the debate about what you say for the high return, low drawdown, linear equity growth etc. But the most important isn’t the low var for my money in the future? Let’s make it more simple. Darwinex said it is the « Value at Risk » the most important. The lower is the var, the safer is my money in the future. In this video: https://youtu.be/L_EZQhLrwAU Then come the drawdown. If a darwin trader has a low var and a low drawdown in the same time this is important, because it is an evidence of a talented management, from the point of view of darwinex, which is my point of view now as darwinex convinced me. Then if we add a good return to the low var and the low drawdown, my money is in not a bad situation. The darwin trader who is low var, low drawdown and high return is the best for the money in the future. This what darwinex explain or i mistake? The darwinex risk algorithm would intervene very quickly with a low var than with a high var because the var is more sensitive when it is low than when it is high:
That’s what i understood from my new eyes (2 months). Maybe i mistake somewhere? That’s darwinex point of view, maybe they’re wrong? Of course if i look to high return only it is money losing. Of course if look to drawdown only it is money losing also. But if the filter low var is first on the list, it is less money losing because var is the risk in the future and drawdown and high return are the past. Let me know what think about that. 1st filter) low var. The lower is the var, the better is the darwin trader. Thank you.

Whatsthat Guy

18 24
I have again an other question! Sorry! Someone can tell me how i can "rank" the darwins by var? From the lower to the higher. I look but i don't find how to do. Thanks for help.

TrungLN

72 116
Let me know what think about that. 1st filter) low var. The lower is the var, the better is the darwin trader. Thank
I guess you mention about VaR of underlying strategy of a Darwin. (Because all Darwin are standardise as VaR 6.5% and 3.25%.
So, let's talk about VaR of underlying strategy.
Your filter is not enough.
VaR value should be evaluated with the return of underlying strategy.
Because, lower VaR is very easy to realize. (Just deposit 10000$ and trade with 0.01lot only. The VaR will be surely very small, and resutl in the return also small).
So the great trader is the one has low VaR but larger return comparing with that VaR.

Last edited:

CavaliereVerde

Established member
573 832
You can't, and by the way low var has nothing to do with good trading.
Too low var means only there is nothing at stake.

The guide that I linked has been written by Javier Colon, one of the founder of Darwinex.
Wher is it written that low var is good trading?
Javier Colon provides also adarwin ULI that is pretty good and work at high var.
The var of the underlying strategy is one of the least important things.
Given your short experience I suggest you to focus on high DScore and long trackrecords.

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock