Vince stanzione

i cant say i am happy as i have only just started using vinces methods i was a few quid down now i am a few quid up we will see what happens over the coming months i will let you know.vince does not just use ma crossovers he looks at a stocks history if its giving a long signal and history says november and december are good months we open a long position
It might have been helpful if you had earlier provided some details of the strategy that Stanzione is currently teaching and which you are using.

Good luck with this one.

Yes, MA cross-overs perform as I have said. They may well beat buy-and-hold. But it's not possible to find a lower bar than buy-and-hold.

In any case, buy-and-hold strategies bench-marked against a stock market index are only superficially rational. Nobody ever says how, many decades ago, a UK investor could have acquired a position in a stock index value.
we may have our wires crossed. Buy and hold isnt benchmarked against an index. The timing of the cross is.
which is a pretty standard benchmark. most funds fail to achieve that bench mark low as it is. as for acquiring a position in a stock index, one only has to put their money into one tomorrow. just as i could enter having the ma crossed. the two are then compared, as a means of establishing its performance over a given period of time. as i said, as a benchmark its pretty much universal.

we may have our wires crossed. Buy and hold isnt benchmarked against an index. The timing of the cross is.
which is a pretty standard benchmark. most funds fail to achieve that bench mark low as it is. as for acquiring a position in a stock index, one only has to put their money into one tomorrow. just as i could enter having the ma crossed. the two are then compared, as a means of establishing its performance over a given period of time. as i said, as a benchmark its pretty much universal.
If you are you using MA cross-overs I wish you good luck with the strategy.

I know nothing about Vince Stanzione, however the 50ma crossing the 200 has an almost 80% success rate since the 1960s on the S&P, and a return that doesnt quite exceed buy and hold, but with substantially less drawdown. it would beat buy and hold if that money was reinvested when it wasnt invested
in the S&P. it works very well in my opinion
id happily put my money into something with as good a win rate as that one
what ma was you using over what time period

Personally I'd suggest don't read books except to understand the market, there isn't a strategy that works all the time otherwise 85% of traders wouldn't lose money, ignore charts and indicators, they are history.
I think probability is the way to go but learning to not get emotional over a position showing -20k is tough. I only trade indexes, commodities and currencies, probability probably won't work with stocks

what ma was you using over what time period
I used the MAs that were being discussed. The 50 day and 200 day simple moving averages. I also backtested against the weekly equivalents of 10 and 40, they too produced the same results. It was a long only strategy and bought when the 50( or 10 week) was above the 200 (or 40 week) and the low was greater than the 50. backtested against the S&P500 index not its constituents
no doubt we could make this much better. but as something that statistically provides a positive expectancy, it does very well on its own.
Next will be to backtest against a portfolio of stocks, there i would imagine we'll vastly exceed the buy and hold comparison using the averages to both time the overall market and a basket of stocks.

I used the MAs that were being discussed. The 50 day and 200 day simple moving averages. I also backtested against the weekly equivalents of 10 and 40, they too produced the same results. It was a long only strategy and bought when the 50( or 10 week) was above the 200 (or 40 week) and the low was greater than the 50. backtested against the S&P500 index not its constituents
no doubt we could make this much better. but as something that statistically provides a positive expectancy, it does very well on its own.
Next will be to backtest against a portfolio of stocks, there i would imagine we'll vastly exceed the buy and hold comparison using the averages to both time the overall market and a basket of stocks.
vince uses 21/6 sma

Vince would have done well to have followed the 200day instead. 6/21 pair on a daily timeframe produced an annual return of just 3% with a 43% win rate whereas 50/200 produced an annual return of 7% with an 80% win rate. I'm sure he probably combines that MA pair with something else, but i can only imagine we'd still get a far better return using the original 50/200

I highly rate Vince Stanzione, granted i learnt more from his Financial day trading seminar
Lets just say the MA crossovers were a much longer timeframe of 2 - 12 months on volatile markets, eg SP 500, etc , not the short term 21/6 MA
Also i tweaked the crossovers by immediatelly selling or buying when the crossover line changed in direction, or the candle sticks broke the MA line in the same direction
My Pension has quadroupled in the last 12 months, a millionaire status is now entirely possible within a few years especially if using Shares that mimic Bitcoin , ie Block chain shares

Another thing is most people will not listen to what Vince tells them
Day trading is a total mugs game, unless you have a very large account, Vince says if your not prepared to hold a stock for a minimum of 10 weeks you shouldnt even be in this game, preferably stocks and funds should be held for months , maybe years
Second people with low funds should be in EFT,s , definately not a couple of stocks , diversification is essential having at least 40 stocks or funds in a portfolio
Thirdly i only have to spend an hour a week looking at this, i dont need to be glued to the screen for hours every day, i only need a few simple indicators, not 10 different indicators
Its really very simple, most people have to little funds , bet in to bigger sizes, and have to be right straight away, if they are not they freeze like a deer in headlights, dont exit, and lose money very quickly

Another thing is most people will not listen to what Vince tells them
Day trading is a total mugs game, unless you have a very large account, Vince says if your not prepared to hold a stock for a minimum of 10 weeks you shouldnt even be in this game, preferably stocks and funds should be held for months , maybe years
Second people with low funds should be in EFT,s , definately not a couple of stocks , diversification is essential having at least 40 stocks or funds in a portfolio
Thirdly i only have to spend an hour a week looking at this, i dont need to be glued to the screen for hours every day, i only need a few simple indicators, not 10 different indicators
Its really very simple, most people have to little funds , bet in to bigger sizes, and have to be right straight away, if they are not they freeze like a deer in headlights, dont exit, and lose money very quickly

No I am not saying that Keely, but the shorter the crossovers are the less reliable they are
Think a lot of people trade too short term, when they should be trading medium to long term, its almost like they have an illusion they need to take action. always messing and tampering with things