Vince Stanzione Financial Spread Betting System

don_h said:
ol vince doesn't rest, more good marketing perhaps? :cheesy:

http://www.autocontact.co.uk/vincestanzione/

Yes, I got this mailshot in the post a week or so back. This appears to be his latest promo. I read it through as the headline about his latest system does seem very inviting. One wonders at what stage any of the authorities would ask him to back up these statements.

He also offers a money back guarantee (but you'll have to apply his strategy for a year first and have statement to back it up). Of course in this time all kinds of things might happen. I would also question whether, from a legal point of view, you could enforce the money back guarantee as, in many of these schemes, there is an agent working for him in terms of the booking arangements. Technically therefore you may find that you dont actually make the booking with VS himself.

It would be interesting for someone to check out his claims regarding this 'new system'. I mean actually phone him and ask for all the statements etc as well as details of when the trades were actually placed.

The truth is that most of these marketing guys know that statistically most will not follow the system as it is laid out or will simply not bother exercising the guarantee rights. Would be interesting if a large number decided to all swap email addresses at the meeting and then form a test group. One would imagine that he'd had a large number of potential refund claims on his hands.

Steve.

chestney said:
I have to agree completely with all of the above.

And yes, I did part with the folding. :eek:

If as much effort went into the content, as went into the copy on the sales letter, things might be a little different.

I have just lobbed some of his video's into the skip, but might have the original book, plus some other stuff, hiding it's head in shame, at the back of a cupboard.

If any one wants it, and is in the Norfolk area, they are welcome to it.

If it involves more than a half gallon of petrol, trust me, it isn't worth it.

I'm sorry to say I bought his rubbish as well when I was starting out a couple of years ago.. Chestney is 100% correct.

I brought his non-sense as well.
Since then, he has kept pestering me with all sorts of non-sense.
A fortnight ago, he came up with a last offer of a masterclass that would earm ne £50,000 pm for the rest of my life. I put the flier in the bin.
Now, another flier appears which says that the tremendous response he had has forced him to put another table in the room and if I don't act today, it will have gone forever. I don't think this is the last I have heard about it.
This chap makes money by selling his non-sense and not from spread-trading.
I have asked him to send me screen-shots of his IG index account but he keeps mum on this one.
Cheers

R Gupta said:
I brought his non-sense as well.
Since then, he has kept pestering me with all sorts of non-sense.
A fortnight ago, he came up with a last offer of a masterclass that would earm ne £50,000 pm for the rest of my life. I put the flier in the bin.
Now, another flier appears which says that the tremendous response he had has forced him to put another table in the room and if I don't act today, it will have gone forever. I don't think this is the last I have heard about it.
This chap makes money by selling his non-sense and not from spread-trading.
I have asked him to send me screen-shots of his IG index account but he keeps mum on this one.
Cheers

Yes, I had the same follow up promo drop through the letterbox this morning. The letter is misleading in my opinion. It says that you can pay after you are happy that what has taught you is making regular profits. Once you log onto the website he asks for £1,500+VAT up front!! Two minutes earlier he was asking you along purely as his guest!!

Steve.

Vince Stanzione is getting very rich, not through trading, but through mugs, not everyone is a mug some are new to trading and they know no different, But if you been in the game over 2 years sorry to say you a mug. Tell the guy where to go.

Hi Steve
I had the same follow up

It certainly hasnt been made clear.... Seeing that probably many others have received his offer he must have a large extra table..

Looking atthe bottom of his follow up letter it does make out one gets free mentoring for 1 yr as well as his trading tools / products.. then when you click on the link to his letter , his main letter says you pay £1497.... This is no risk free offer IMO.. even if he makes out he will refund you in 12 months.

Anyone have his email address you can send me by Private Message....

I tried the last email I had for him and it bounced... seems he no longer uses that one.

cheers

Yes, I had the same follow up promo drop through the letterbox this morning. The letter is misleading in my opinion. It says that you can pay after you are happy that what has taught you is making regular profits. Once you log onto the website he asks for £1,500+VAT up front!! Two minutes earlier he was asking you along purely as his guest!!

Steve.

As I havent actually attended any of his more expensive courses I cannot comment...

BUt I WILL say this about Vince Stanzione..

When I tried one of his services some years ago, he said many times to trade and BUY the Dow on a longer term basis.... and Not to short it.... Seeing what the dow has eventually done ie gone to new highs, he certainly proved correct on that... I will give him credit for that suggestion..

Vince Stanzione is getting very rich, not through trading, but through mugs, not everyone is a mug some are new to trading and they know no different, But if you been in the game over 2 years sorry to say you a mug. Tell the guy where to go.

Can anyone recall if on one of Vinces sales letters or websites IF he told a story about a resturant owner who made a million spread betting within a short time of studying the subject..

ALSO IF or had the restruant owner had actaully attended one of his courses.

I vaguely recall reading about it , but I am unsure IF he had actally been taught by VS.

Peter said:
Can anyone recall if on one of Vinces sales letters or websites IF he told a story about a resturant owner who made a million spread betting within a short time of studying the subject..

ALSO IF or had the restruant owner had actaully attended one of his courses.

I vaguely recall reading about it , but I am unsure IF he had actally been taught by VS.

Yes I remember that, it looked like a scanned clip from a newspaper.. Was an Indian chap if I remember correctly.

Peter said:
... Seeing that probably many others have received his offer he must have a large extra table..

Bloody large table ...I've just had same letter ( no doubt many others as you say ) . More likely the reality is he has not sold out , in fact struggling to get people along hence price cut and enticement under 'guest'

I threw away the 1st flyer ...I had a look at this thinking he must have gone soft by giving away free seats, quickly brought back to earth when I scrolled down to bottom ....

Thing is he says it's not like his seminars years ago, this is much better...yet talks about same things as then.. trading secrets, seasonality, insider reports, no tips, how to set up spread bet account, this will be my last one ever ( yeah right !) , etc...I imagine it's just a dressed up version of it

I was one of the suckers from 2003 ...though the one thing I did learn from it is there are no secrets and never have been.

alberto said:
Bloody large table ...I've just had same letter ( no doubt many others as you say ) . More likely the reality is he has not sold out , in fact struggling to get people along hence price cut and enticement under 'guest'

I threw away the 1st flyer ...I had a look at this thinking he must have gone soft by giving away free seats, quickly brought back to earth when I scrolled down to bottom ....

Thing is he says it's not like his seminars years ago, this is much better...yet talks about same things as then.. trading secrets, seasonality, insider reports, no tips, how to set up spread bet account, this will be my last one ever ( yeah right !) , etc...I imagine it's just a dressed up version of it

I was one of the suckers from 2003 ...though the one thing I did learn from it is there are no secrets and never have been.

Also guilty, m' lud, circa 2001, from memory.

This extra table must be huge, because I also got an invite to it.

I'm gutted, I received the same letter and if I didn't respond by tonight, he would then pass it on to someone else, he made me sound so special :rolleyes:

Luckily I filed it under R.

Peter said:
BUt I WILL say this about Vince Stanzione..

When I tried one of his services some years ago, he said many times to trade and BUY the Dow on a longer term basis.... and Not to short it.... Seeing what the dow has eventually done ie gone to new highs, he certainly proved correct on that... I will give him credit for that suggestion..

Oh My!

Mindblowing advice, I wonder if he was the only person to come up with such an original investment strategy :cheesy:

I can remember " Good old Vince " from almost ten years ago and fortunately never at that time never had the cash to go on 0ne of his training courses . However I did invest about 100 pounds in some basic introduction to Spread Betting written by him at the time ! it was basic you could have got all the information for Free from any spread betting company ! He even sudjested several companies to open an account with ! when I spoke to one of them and offerd his name as someone who had recommended me to there company . I was told to take his claims as a big roller with a pinch of salt !! . And they had nothing to win or loose from offering the information to me .

In the years that followed I got regular fantastic offers from him at various different amounts but never showed any further interest in him . I do remember a story about the Indian restaurant owner somewhere in his literature ! I f he ever really existed in real life and made the money Vince sudjests Then I doubt strongly if it had anything to with our friend Vince or his teaching .

Would sudjest to anyone hot to send him there hard earned cash for seminars , systems or books . to take half the amount and send it to your favourite charity , the other half treat youself and girl friend / wife to a nice evening out .

Then sit bacK knowing you not one of the many losers .

Be Lucky . Country Roads .

a quote I found may be of interest if anyone is curious on one of vince's methods

"2/20 ema breakout system by dave landry is similar to vinces 20/40 rule"

and a link to dave's system with metastock code

http://www.arbtrading.com/emabreakout.htm

I just dont have the time right now to check it out, if nobody else does I may in due course

cheers

don

don_h said:
a quote I found may be of interest if anyone is curious on one of vince's methods

"2/20 ema breakout system by dave landry is similar to vinces 20/40 rule"

and a link to dave's system with metastock code

http://www.arbtrading.com/emabreakout.htm

I just dont have the time right now to check it out, if nobody else does I may in due course

cheers

don

The problem with these trend following systems is that they look great when placed on the charts of certain stocks. The problem is that these systems dont detect stocks where a trend following system is going to work. I seen a fair few of these seminars one way or another (You can buy the recordings very cheaply on ebay) and I would say that 'curve fitting' is the vendors number one tool in getting folks to believe. The fact is that quite often 'The Stock Market' will sell itself. Throw up a chart which shows a stock moving from $5 to $100 in 18 months and you'll get the attention of 99% of the people in the room. What would be interesting would be for someone who went to run a test group where all the results could be posted onto a website.

With regards to Vince's "one small table" - It's blatantly obvious that he's going to need a bloody large one. I'd also agree with something written earlier. For VS to offer half price tickets is quite likely a sign that the first mailing was fairly unsuccessful. Might be worth ringing and offering £200 the day before the seminar! It could of course be an indication that the seminar market is reaching some kind of saturation.

Steve.

stevespray said:
The problem with these trend following systems is that they look great when placed on the charts of certain stocks. The problem is that these systems dont detect stocks where a trend following system is going to work. I seen a fair few of these seminars one way or another (You can buy the recordings very cheaply on ebay) and I would say that 'curve fitting' is the vendors number one tool in getting folks to believe. The fact is that quite often 'The Stock Market' will sell itself. Throw up a chart which shows a stock moving from $5 to $100 in 18 months and you'll get the attention of 99% of the people in the room. What would be interesting would be for someone who went to run a test group where all the results could be posted onto a website.

With regards to Vince's "one small table" - It's blatantly obvious that he's going to need a bloody large one. I'd also agree with something written earlier. For VS to offer half price tickets is quite likely a sign that the first mailing was fairly unsuccessful. Might be worth ringing and offering £200 the day before the seminar! It could of course be an indication that the seminar market is reaching some kind of saturation.

Steve.

Hi Steve
you are correct of course on curve fitting, that has got to be the perfect bait to catch newbies

if only they would do an internet search first before they sign up to these kind of things, they would then find this site, be warned of the perils and be able to learn the tools to be able to find their own path in trading.

one of the easiest ways to start the learning process imo is to take someones strategy, study it, check out how it works, ask yourself why it works or doesn't as the case may be. think how it could be made to work. if the strategy is obviously rubbish move on to another
someone somewhere will have posted on the internet, for free, a strategy that will suit a newbie if only they would take the time to learn the basic knowledge that will allow them to recognise it when they find it.

some members may be wondering of my interest in this thread. it is because of researching a mr vincent stanzione a few years ago and finding this site, its a shame many do not.

cheers

don

yaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

i really dont see what the problem is. so VS is basically saying trade breakouts (either to the upside or the downside) or possibly get in a bit earlier when price crosses the 200 day MA. apply a trailing stop loss to cut losses short and and let profits run. he even advocates limited risk stop losses if using derivs.

assuming you're not a total idiot, apply good money management, are well capitalised so trading costs aren't a huge %, know who to read a company balance sheet, know how cyclical sector rotation etc etc then as you let your profits run and cut your losses short u will make money. hardly rocket science is it?

but as we all know most ppl lose £££ in this business as they cant stick to simple rules. if you have the patience to let positions run then whats the problem. trend following is not a dirty word and its how i make MY money. i no longer care about fib or gann or elliot. neither do i TRY to pick tops or bottoms. so i only grab a bit of the move. bid deal. so he uses charts that look good to show the point. big deal.

i've seen the course (copied free of course!) and its better than most. there's no BS in it. its not some sexy day trading rec 100's of indicators. its simple MA which EVERYONE else is watching / trading. he also says dont best not trade the index to newbies. good advice as most of us know on here!

later

Last edited:
I Think his system would have flagged a short

TV Commerce Holdings PLC
("TV Commerce" or the "Company")

Trading Update

As we said in our interim statement for the six months to June 30, 2006, the
market in which the Company operates has become increasingly regulated.

On November 22, 2006 the Company was informed by its telephony service provider
that the Independent Committee for the Supervision of Standards of Telephone
Information Services ("ICSTIS") had issued a formal reprimand and a
fine of £25,000 in relation to a live telephony service, promoted by its daytime
show, which has since been taken off air.

Whilst trading has been profitable in the second half of the year to date, given
the increased intervention of the regulator in this market, the Directors are
concerned for the future viability of the Company's existing business model.
The Board and its advisors are, therefore, currently reviewing the options
available to the Company in relation to the preservation and return of
shareholder value. Such options may include the possibility of taking the
Company private and delisting its shares from the Alternative Investment Market
of the London Stock Exchange.

At November 22, 2006, the Company had a cash balance of £115,000. On the basis
that trading continues until the year end, that further fines are not
forthcoming and that current balances receivable by the Company are received in
full, the cash balance at the end of the year is likely to be approximately
£350,000.

A further announcement will be made as soon as the Board has completed its
review of the options available.