Updata/Mytrack

lockstock

Morning Chaps,

Just received this e-mail fom Downdata (Updata)

Might be of interest to someone- looks like they're are getting desperate to me, anyhow:-

Attachments

• Updata_Mytrack.gif
    Updata_Mytrack.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 349
Perhaps they are but I take another view. I think the company recognises that it needs to address a wider audience than it has until now. It is also taking notice of requests from users to make worldwide futures and US stocks available at a more reasonable price.

The positive side of this is that more traders are now likely to use this software and will begin to see the benefits it can provide. Equally if traders take up this as an option it gives Updata a chance to respond to what a wider customer base feels it wants from the software.

I have argued for a different pricing structure for the software for some time and hope this is a move in that direction as well as towards further development now that stabilty has been achieved

Last edited:
Morning Locko, where've you been?
Does this mean they no longer ram their own feed down your throat and ignore support for other feeds?

Rognvald said:
Perhaps they are but I take another view. I think the company recognises that it needs to address a wider audience than it has until now. It is also taking notice of requests from users to make worldwide futures and US stocks available at a more reasonable price.

The positive side of this is that more traders are now likely to use this software and will begin to see the benefits it can provide. Equally if traders take up this as an option it gives Updata a chance to respond to what a wider customer base feels it wants from the software.

I have argued for a different pricing structure for the software for some time and hope this is a move in that direction as well as towards further development now that stabilty has been achieved

Morning Rognvald,

Mostly agree with where they want to head, but recognition has come thru' falling sales created by marketing an unstable software, never properly beta tested & a non existent customer services team, coupled with an overpriced software.

I would still say they have arrived at this staget because of the above points & have reached a critical level, where it's now sink or swim time- in a desperate effort to stave off the inevitable they have decided to listen to their customers. I know myself & Oaty have both pleaded with them in the past for an alternative data supplier & cheaper software prices- the reality is they have been forced into this climbdown.

Methinks , too little, too late.

Watcha Oaty,

Still here, matey.

Doing the gardens at the mo. It's like the Forth Bridge in work terms here.

Any suggestions for a triple monitor card ?? Are they available?

I want one big screen - with the Daily Dax/Indu permanently stuck on it- depending on the time of day.

I don't know anything about that stuff :confused:
I've just acquired a couple of screens. I might be trying to link them up soon, so I'll have to learn :cheesy:

oatman said:
I don't know anything about that stuff :confused:
I've just acquired a couple of screens. I might be trying to link them up soon, so I'll have to learn :cheesy:

What yer like.? Techno -phobe. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Yer can have this twin graphics card when I get my triple one slotted in!!! ;)

LS & OM

Well - we've each been there and moved on to pastures new. I think UD is doing that too. I hope its not too late!

LS & OM
Well - we've each been there and moved on to pastures new. I think UD is doing that too. I hope its not too late![

I'm getting confused - (easily done ;) ) where'd the multi monitor bit come from in an Updata/Mytrack thread!
To illustrate how I have the attention span of a butterfly, I will now comment on both disparate topics (drum roll......)
Twin/triple cards - cheap route is to plug a double card into AGP, and use PCI slots to add extra monitors... I rigged up 3 screens doing this, it's a bit hit and miss so not for non techy types really (if it works then great, and you can have 3 screens running for less than £100, but like all PC stuff you can spend the next 90 years looking for tech help if you are unlucky). Not good for gamers, usually, but traders don't need 64 zillion colours and 200 frames/s
Updata - I got the blurb, is it my misreading or are they claiming to be the first European TA company to work with Mybroker?
Is that good then, 'cos I know of other TA programs that have used it for quite some time... I think this 'first' is completely irrelevant frankly. That Updata can use mytrack IS an improvement, I'd think, I'm just a bit nonplussed that it's advertised as a 'first', I actually thought their (Updata's) pricing for data was quite good - I remain convinced that the Updata PR department is Updata's worst enemy, when all is said and done this adds to Updata's capability and should be welcomed. (I just hate being sold things by PR types!)

"I actually thought their (Updata's) pricing for data was quite good - "
not if you've looked at any futures contracts eg DAX, INDU. LOL (

Ah well,
I'm more a stocks type. The point is that they have genuinely good stuff, yet their ad people seem to delight in hyping dubious trivia... every PR blurb they send me leaves me wondering 'who writes this drivel' and it often masks something quite worth having. What's next, 'voted software most likely to avoid mouse ball fluff'?

And so, we have an announcement that Technical Analyst is fully compatible with another real-time feed, in this case, MyTrack. If what we’re saying is is that Updata’s software is compatible with several alternative real-time feeds and third party databases: then, what exactly is your beef?

Cheers

Mayfly

As far as I'm concerned it always was compatible but they insisted on making it difficult for anyone not taking their feed.

Easy Mayfly,
instead of saying 'our product is comaptible with Mytrack', at which we all cheer, it's yet another 'first' - the first european program to be mytrack compatible, just like they're the 'only' people to chart correctly - why can't they advertise 'this is what we have' without inundating my email with nonsensical claims of firsts?
That's pure PR hype, and Updata is quite good enough to sell on the product itself, without inventing stupid hyperbole to puff it up - what's next, a low fat version?
Dave

"Updata is quite good enough to sell on the product itself, without inventing stupid hyperbole to puff it up "

Very true.

I appreciate that my motives are suspect, but if anyone cares to check my past posts I consistently say this is good software, and I have two quibbles with it - one was support, which several more recent users have said is now okay and I posted to that effect, and the other is that Jeremy's work is (in my view) continually made to look like some sort of con by Updata themselves - I expect all sorts of silly claims from Doji Darren and the like, but it really annoys me to see silly claims of whiter washes and goodness knows what else. If your software is any good you sell it by outlining what it does, stressing any particular strengths you feel it might have... you should not need to invent spurious accolades, your customers will award them, not your PR department.

I will not go back to this package even if they offred it for free for rest of my life...!!

On another note anyone remember 'Dead Parrot' sketch...??...Now where was that??