Ukraine invasion

It is the competence of the russian army.
No matter what will be the outcome their reputation is gone.
Poor tactics + war crimes .

Tanks in a traffic jam on a major road with no infantry visible on the ground and no counter-drone. What ever led them into there wants shooting.

Errrm, I think you'll find that'll be NATO Tom!

How very strange to agree with you... :love:

I wonder if Chelsea fans ever thought Roman Abramovich's money was clean.....
I doubt it, Tom.

Clean money, dirty money, who cares - so long as there's lots of it and it buys the best players. To be fair to Chelsea fans, I doubt fans of other clubs think any differently. And to be fair to Abramovich, I doubt other oligarchs are any better, be they Russian, Italian, British or whatever. Besides which, in the case of the Russians, no one (as in politicians) cared two hoots about how they came by their money. All they cared about was that they brought it to - and spent it in - the U.K.

I used to be very naive and think the U.K. was at the top of the moral high ground and that most countries outside of Europe (and some within it) were riddled with corruption. But not us, we're above all that - or so I mistakenly believed. I'm now utterly appalled by the ruling class in this country, be they government, opposition, NGOs, media, big business - you name it - most of which are just as corrupt and self serving as the countries, organisations and people that I used to look down my nose at.
Tim.

I doubt it, Tom.

Clean money, dirty money, who cares - so long as there's lots of it and it buys the best players. To be fair to Chelsea fans, I doubt fans of other clubs think any differently. And to be fair to Abramovich, I doubt other oligarchs are any better, be they Russian, Italian, British or whatever. Besides which, in the case of the Russians, no one (as in politicians) cared two hoots about how they came by their money. All they cared about was that they brought it to - and spent it in - the U.K.

I used to be very naive and think the U.K. was at the top of the moral high ground and that most countries outside of Europe (and some within it) were riddled with corruption. But not us, we're above all that - or so I mistakenly believed. I'm now utterly appalled by the ruling class in this country, be they government, opposition, NGOs, media, big business - you name it - most of which are just as corrupt and self serving as the people and countries I used to look down my nose at.
Tim.

Yep agreed. All about money Tim.

Just look at the West's response to Khashoggi's killing. Guy walks into an Embassy to get a visa and after being chopped up, whilst the big cheese listens to his cries on the mobile, he gets taken out in bits of suitcases to be fed to fish out in the big wide ocean somewhere.

No worries coz the big cheese buys Western planes and tanks and uses them on defenceless Yemeneese people shooting the sh!t out of kids running around in streets.

The freaky high moral brigade on these bloggs --- Carry On, as you were...

Just heard UK has seized all Abramovich assets in the UK. That is breach of contract and theft in my book.

In response Russia will seize all UK companies working in Russia. i.e. Shell, Poly and others. Heard Unilever not participating in sanctions. How is that possible?

As far as moral high ground is concerned Tim, the UK is still up there and definitely looking down to most of the world.

Ask Transparency International, an independent and not British organisation that monitors corruption etc. They place the UK at 78pts. Only 10 countries scored higher. For comparisons, the US is down on 67, Ukraine is 32 and Russia 29.

So it looks like the residents of those countries would be wise to trust our government more than they trust their own.

Maybe they forgot this premise or just have bad aim. Or, perhaps this was a good way to de-nazify a hospital -- the mothers and their babies might have wanted to join NATO.:rolleyes:

Ukraine live: Footage released of destroyed maternity hospital​

Sir Rufus,

Would you be kind enough to provide us your sentiments re: the RFM comments about the attack below.

Would your perspective change if the hospital and schools were being used for military purposes?

Russia's Foreign Ministry on Wednesday did not deny the attack but accused Ukrainian "nationalist battalions" of using the hospital to set up firing positions after moving out staff and patients.

Lavrov reiterated the claim on Thursday.

Russians investigating the matter too.

PS. Also a note in that article about cars not to drive up to tanks.

As far as moral high ground is concerned Tim, the UK is still up there and definitely looking down to most of the world.

Ask Transparency International, an independent and not British organisation that monitors corruption etc. They place the UK at 78pts. Only 10 countries scored higher. For comparisons, the US is down on 67, Ukraine is 32 and Russia 29.

So it looks like the residents of those countries would be wise to trust our government more than they trust their own.

Do you mean like Abramovich? He did trust the UK government for sure yes he did.

A friend just sent me this.

Check out the location for all these Biotech & Pharmaceutical companies...

A friend just sent me this.

So, what you saying? Is Russia gonna invade China next? Rumour has it that they have a gain of function bio weapons lab masquerading as a virology research institute.

Now, about that Novichock !

Last edited:
Apologies in advance if I'm being thick At', but I don't get your point? Major pharma companies have offices in Kiev - no particular surprise there as that's the capital. They're gonna have offices in the capitals of most countries I would imagine. Or am I missing something?
Tim.

Yes Putin is invading Ukraine as revenge for the expansion of Nato in 2004.
Happens when you allow a dictator to stay in power for more than 20 years.

Apologies in advance if I'm being thick At', but I don't get your point? Major pharma companies have offices in Kiev - no particular surprise there as that's the capital. They're gonna have offices in the capitals of most countries I would imagine. Or am I missing something?
Tim.
Hmm you are right Tim,

London has so many more.

It just seemed interesting but upon reflection not so significant.

Scratch that one.

. . . Happens when you allow a dictator to stay in power for more than 20 years.
Oh, okay CV. That's an easy one to solve: we (i.e. us in the west 'cos we know best) just tell all dictators the world over that they've got 5 years and then they have to stand down or risk getting booted out - by NATO, presumably. Remind me, how long has Justin Trudeau been in power?
;-)

just tell all dictators the world over that they've got 5 years and then they have to stand down or risk getting booted out - by NATO,
Good idea!
I would go for max 4+4 like in US.
If the guy tries to change the constitution automatic heavy sanctions like these ones on Russia.
No need for tanks, with these sanctions you can destroy an economy in a couple of months.

Last edited: