Trump Presidency and the Consequences

The Foreign Payment suit cited in the NY Times seems very dubious.

As far as the others are concerned, no travel ban has been placed on members of a specific religion. Its a fact that the countries mentioned are predominantly Muslim but that's because of their repressive legal regimes and societal structures, which very effectively discriminate against freedom of choice in religious belief. Isn't there something in the Constitution on that subject?

What the leftist media are saying is that any negative actions towards a predominantly Islamic state is an attack on Islam the religion. But isn't that like saying any attack on Israeli state affairs is an attack on Judaism? Or any criticism of French policies is an attack on Catholicism? Or criticism of Black Lives Matter is an attack on the black race. Either way, its a narrow bigoted point of view.

Depends on what factors one includes. That Christians were excluded is problematic. And that those ME countries with which Trump does business were not included is also problematic. Then there are the federal judges and states' attorneys general who also have a problem with it as well as some Republican members of Congress. It's possible that they're all leftist bigots, but not likely.

Depends on what factors one includes. That Christians were excluded is problematic. And that those ME countries with which Trump does business were not included is also problematic. Then there are the federal judges and states' attorneys general who also have a problem with it as well as some Republican members of Congress. It's possible that they're all leftist bigots, but not likely.

I think he's engaged in signalling who he is and what he believes rather than seeking to accomplish anything meaningful. It was a most cack-handed project.

Of course, it would be taken as anti-Islamic on all sides, whether that's the intent or effect or not. But I'm sure that's how he wants to appear. Assuming Islamic-Western relations deteriorate he might wish to take a leadership position before anyone else can, or could accuse him of being slow off the mark. But meantime this is all show.

For the UK, there's no conceivable reason to take sides on behalf of countries we're not even on friendly terms with, against our leading ally and the principal member of NATO.

I think he's engaged in signalling who he is and what he believes rather than seeking to accomplish anything meaningful. It was a most cack-handed project.

Of course, it would be taken as anti-Islamic on all sides, whether that's the intent or effect or not. But I'm sure that's how he wants to appear. Assuming Islamic-Western relations deteriorate he might wish to take a leadership position before anyone else can, or could accuse him of being slow off the mark. But meantime this is all show.

For the UK, there's no conceivable reason to take sides on behalf of countries we're not even on friendly terms with, against our leading ally and the principal member of NATO.

In this regard it's not so much a matter of what is meaningful as it is of what's legal. It may be difficult for countries without constitutions to understand how this works, but no branch of government in the US can go off on its own without regard to constitutional law, except perhaps in the short term.

As for the deterioration of Islamic-Western relations, that ship has pretty much sailed.

In this regard it's not so much a matter of what is meaningful as it is of what's legal. It may be difficult for countries without constitutions to understand how this works, but no branch of government in the US can go off on its own without regard to constitutional law, except perhaps in the short term.

As for the deterioration of Islamic-Western relations, that ship has pretty much sailed.

I don't think or believe the US represents the West these days at all.

EU does.

China is already reaching out and grasping that banner. I see very positive developments coming to the global stage between the EU, Russia and Asia/China.

If anything the World will benefit from US retreat and shutting down of her borders.

The world has received the message loud and clear from the US and Brexiters once that article 50 is invoked.

Major US Global companies are probably already thinking and wondering, how these developments will impact the brand image and reputation of US goods and services. I don't think it will be in positive light.

As for the facts re:numbers, deaths, terrorist incidents and making America safe 'again', it's a joke. White House can trump as much as they like about alternative facts and how amazingly well the ban is working now... just goes to show the ineptitude of current administration to say the least.

Does anyone understand why the temporary ban and what the 90 / 120 days is all about. What is the objective of this shock sudden decree coming from the highest office applied in such a chaotic shambles way. Why temporary? Why the term?

Does the administration believe it will be able to resolve these issues within that time frame and maintain the bans or lift them?

Not the way to conduct government business. More like Trump to trump up what an active president he is in the worst possible light. People who support him may go along with it but most sane people who have the remotest of pride in the running and management of their government are reeling with shock horror.

The US global reputation and brand image has been damaged imo.

I just feel soooo bad about all those little Somalian families who won't be able to take their children to Disney World. That's a shame. Real crying shame. :cheesy:

I don't think or believe the US represents the West these days at all.

EU does.

China is already reaching out and grasping that banner. I see very positive developments coming to the global stage between the EU, Russia and Asia/China.

If anything the World will benefit from US retreat and shutting down of her borders.

The world has received the message loud and clear from the US and Brexiters once that article 50 is invoked.

Major US Global companies are probably already thinking and wondering, how these developments will impact the brand image and reputation of US goods and services. I don't think it will be in positive light.

As for the facts re:numbers, deaths, terrorist incidents and making America safe 'again', it's a joke. White House can trump as much as they like about alternative facts and how amazingly well the ban is working now... just goes to show the ineptitude of current administration to say the least.

Does anyone understand why the temporary ban and what the 90 / 120 days is all about. What is the objective of this shock sudden decree coming from the highest office applied in such a chaotic shambles way. Why temporary? Why the term?

Does the administration believe it will be able to resolve these issues within that time frame and maintain the bans or lift them?

Not the way to conduct government business. More like Trump to trump up what an active president he is in the worst possible light. People who support him may go along with it but most sane people who have the remotest of pride in the running and management of their government are reeling with shock horror.

The US global reputation and brand image has been damaged imo.

I just feel soooo bad about all those little Somalian families who won't be able to take their children to Disney World. That's a shame. Real crying shame. :cheesy:

What is the issue with wanting to get some controls back in the system both here and in the US? Soon in Europe too, when they finally wake up !

Try asking ordinary German and French people how unfettered access has panned out.

It's not that you don't know the answer, more like living in cuckoo land.

I see very positive developments coming to the global stage between the EU, Russia and Asia/China.

Verhofstadt would disagree with you. I suggest you be extremely cautious regarding your choice of allies.

What has he done that was unconstitutional? And if it was, surely there are constraints that would apply?

There are indeed restraints.

If these executive orders were to become law, some might be unconstitutional, but that is unlikely to happen. His executive orders do not always have to constitutional.

How quickly people forget things. An executive order was signed during the height of the KKK, which suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus and made it illegal to wear a white sheet, among other things. This was technically unconstitutional. Does DB complain about this? Desperate times call for desperate measures maybe. The executive order worked, well, gradually. The Great Depression helped.

Yet another executive order was signed to intern the Japanese without cause. Reparations have since been made, I believe. Does DB complain about these?

The only thing that springs to mind is the travel ban by Trump. This could be considered an infringement upon the first amendment. However, the first amendment only protects those here. The right to freedom of religion does not extend beyond our borders.

"Whereas the Constitution of the United States has ordained that the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended unless when, in cases of rebellion or invasion, the public safety may require it; and..."

The argument in our current situation is over "the public safety". What constitutes public safety?

Last edited:
I have to say this has to stop....the level of attacks on the president is now reaching levels where the office's integrity and power are being jeopardized. The media already is cashing in on the fact that trump bashing increases ratings......what if the notion "Look what we did to trump" is used for future office holders? The tipping point will be when world leaders start doing exactly what domestic corporations are doing now...... "if you associate with trump we will distance ourselves from you". I'm just saying we don't have to respect the man but at least respect the office.

you have to admit trump supporters....Obama was waaaaay smarter on what he wanted others to know.
Unfortunately, you disagree with everything but even the GOP admits there were miscalcalculations on the roll out......because the roll out was either suppose to happen secretely or at a later time. My god, how dumb can this man be?

US dominates the world in data breaches (Not so great here)

The US has experienced the greatest number of data breaches in the world, accounting for 47.5% of all incidents in 2016. Furthermore, 68.2% of records exposed came from the US (2016 Data Breach Trends – Year In Review).

In fact, the US suffered 1,971 data breaches last year, with 2.9 billion records exposed. California alone accounted for 54.9% of the total records compromised, suffering 234 data breaches that exposed 2.3 billion records.

Businesses are a key target for cyber criminals

Some of the biggest US data breaches included Yahoo (over 1 billion customer details stolen by hackers, and an additional 500 million records compromised in a separate attack), FriendFinder Networks (412 million records), and MySpace (360 million user account records).

The business sector accounted for 51% of all reported breaches, followed by government (11.7%), medical (9.2%), and education (4.7%) sectors. Hacking continues to dominate as the leading breach type, accounting for 57% of all data breaches.

Businesses are a key target for cyber criminals because of the sensitive information they possess.

https://www.itgovernanceusa.com/blo...utm_content=2017-02-01&[email protected]

Bashing Trump makes potential sociopaths, you know who you are here, seem like compassionate caring individuals. I'm not buying it.