Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
I see a Trump/Duterte right wing clone has won in Brazil.He doesn't believe in climate change and will open the Amazon forest to capitalist rogues. The violent suppression of criminals is his other electoral pledge.

2 steps backward imho

Atilla

Nov 15, 2006
US President Donald Trump has announced that he will not attend the commemoration ceremony for the 100th anniversary of the Paris Peace Conference

Apparently, it's going to rain. Extreme weather has deterred Trump from paying his respects.

His a well hard man. Real hero. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Signalcalc

May 21, 2016
US President Donald Trump has announced that he will not attend the commemoration ceremony for the 100th anniversary of the Paris Peace Conference

Apparently, it's going to rain. Extreme weather has deterred Trump from paying his respects.

His a well hard man. Real hero. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I understood he cancelled due to a terrorist threat, fake news?

Atilla

Nov 15, 2006
I understood he cancelled due to a terrorist threat, fake news?
You might be right.

It was not the weather; wind and rain, but more something to do with his hair that was the determining factor.

Can't believe anything one reads these days. ;)

Signalcalc

May 21, 2016
Why does Macron want the US to remain in Syria?

Why does Israel want US and France in Syria?

Macron says ‘an ally must be reliable’ after US Syria pullout

Need money and logistics to maintain these kinds of presence and power plays. One really must ask to what end?

With US departure it'll be interesting to see what France does. GTFOOThere comes to mind. :)
Goes straight back to WW2 alliance, when Western Europe was carved up between US, UK and France, NATO being the military glue, the UN being the secondary supporting glue, Ruskies are the same old Cold War enemies, old habits die hard.

SimonOwen

Nov 20, 2018
I am a little embarrassed, but rather annoyed by what they constantly say about Trump, I have no special complaints about him, I have a tendency to distract from real important issues.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
Countries get the leadership they deserve.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
I see the richest 3 Americans have half the wealth of the country and are increasing their share.
Well if the dummies at the bottom keep electing the rich candidates what do you expect.
Most of the rich capitalists are never satisfied that they have enough they enjoy the game too much.

Last edited:

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
I think Trump was right from a US President's point of view to try and stem the flow of capital and ideas leaving the country but his abrasive method leaves a lot to be desired. He is very short of humility, compassion. common sense and most of the qualities that make a statesman of note.

Atilla

Nov 15, 2006
It's just a game US is losing. It's evolution that all living life forms copy each other. Music industry used to charge a fortune for music when I was growing up. It's pure capitalism.

IBM tried to stop compatible clone makers within US with their naff patented PS/2 and OS/2 design until Compaq came along, copied their product and then started producing superior quality devices. Look where IBM's hardware division is now?

War between Microsoft and IBM is also legendary over OS/2 and Microsofts Windows/NT. Happens at all levels from the school yard up to national level.

It's just competition but US don't like losing. Bad cowboys. Shoot you in the back when they lose a fist fight.

I'm going to hazard a guess you don't think or believe the US participates in any espionage or stealing of other nations secrets?

How many foreign military ventures has China engaged in compared to US, kicking ass of other small nations in the name of national interest?

Trump is the epitomy of mad US capitalism. Similarly all money & wealth making their way in to the hands of three men. As within the US it is the same at global level, with all consuming power being in the hands of very few nations.

I have always argued for better distribution of wealth and power which helps preserve the peace and benefits to all instead of an all consuming - one ring so to speak trying to bind us all to slavery. :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

barjon

May 6, 2003
Got The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis for Christmas and half way through. It’s a must read if you want to appreciate the wilful ignorance and destructive moves of Trump. Your eyebrows will be permanently raised in disbelief!!