Trading the tape

Put some money on it. Then it might be worth looking into it. It's a whole new ball game when they can see your money.

Put some money on it. Then it might be worth looking into it. It's a whole new ball game when they can see your money.

I don't understand your constant negative input or the point you're making, but you're entitled to your opinion. Don't derail for no reason please.

I have not, and will not sell anything to do with trading, and feel like i've given some valuable info to get people started on this if they want to.

Good luck to you.

A human has to program all those systems. Just look at the calls made so far and each picture, and relatively speaking i'm new to this. Ill post a pic with all the spots i pointed out before they happened. I'm not selling anything either and never will so have no reason to lie. Most of the calls were several minutes before the moves too if timestamps are checked. Worth looking into

My comment wasn't meant to be derogatory, it's just that I doubt whether tape reading can be a profitable method nowadays. Yes, a human had to program all those systems, but once that's done a computer can process the info and act on it so much faster.

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to tape reading.

Downloaded the free trial of OrdeFlowDashPro .

Does anybody here use it ?

It looks very nice to me, however I'm not sure how to make the best use of it.

Can anybody help me with a simple strategy to try out using this tool ?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I'm a newbie to tape reading.

Downloaded the free trial of OrdeFlowDashPro .

Does anybody here use it ?

It looks very nice to me, however I'm not sure how to make the best use of it.

Can anybody help me with a simple strategy to try out using this tool ?

Thanks.

Dont be shilly nobody reads the tape nowadays.

Dont be shilly nobody reads the tape nowadays.

Why? It will be great if you explain this, because i am considering the idea to study tape reading, but have some doubts on that point.

By the way Nathan, why do you use ninja's tape? It is not aggregated so it's harder to follow, you have to look on endless rows of 1, am i wrong?

My comment wasn't meant to be derogatory, it's just that I doubt whether tape reading can be a profitable method nowadays. Yes, a human had to program all those systems, but once that's done a computer can process the info and act on it so much faster.

Exactly! I'm not selling anything either. It's not that tape reading is not a useful skill, it can be for sure. If you have computers analyzing the tape instead of just your person it is still tape reading, just utilizing great tools. We draw charts and indicators of price. I also draw charts and indicators of bid/ask flow and extremes. It is amazingly helpful. I can't imagine trading without it now that I have it!

Cheers

A computer will never be able to read the tape the way a human can. Not until true artificial intelligence is developed anyway. People overestimate computing ability when the only thing they can do faster and more accurately than humans is arithmetic. Trading the tape isn’t just arithmetic.

I know what I look for on the tape in relation to price. The difference between myself and the program I have is that the program doesn't forget and it doesn't afterwards say to itself "oh yeah, my mistake, that profile actually doesn't fit!"

Cheers

PS even my calculator from 1990 does a lot more than arithmetic.

PS even my calculator from 1990 does a lot more than arithmetic.

Whatever a calculator or computer 'does' it can only do it in binary because all they understand is 0 or 1. Whatever you think they are doing, the bottom line is they are either adding or subtracting those 2 digits very quickly. Computers can't think or reason or judge...they only do arithmetic.