New Tape Reading Software

A sad fact of the trading industry is that most people can't cut it and realise there is more money selling the picks and shovels. Now they go toe to toe about who's shovel is better. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
A sad fact of the trading industry is that most people can't cut it and realise there is more many selling the picks and shovels. Now they go toe to toe about who's shovel is better. Lol

Funny you say that, there are so many products for traders out there that makes me wonder why?

Because the best products are not available for sale in the first place, they're sitting on the servers of GS or ML.

I think so many people try to trade that, money can be made from this influx and lure of easy money

Just an FYI, it is very expensive to develop software. The developers on my team charge appx $100/hour average. And it is not easy to find such developers. This is why this quality of software isn't found for tape reading -- because it is not profitable to make. It was developed for my own trading (and my partners) first and foremost.

So what is it his thing can do that yours can't? Sorry I glazed over a bit after the first line or two of his spam.

No idea. You'd have to try both & report back. From what I heard this 'idea' came from a combination of Jigsaw + Order Flow Analytics.

I heard there's some new ideas in there. For sure there are lots of "Trademarks" on his forum posts on another forum. Whether these "Trademarks" represent ideas that are actually useful for reading order flow will be decided by the market place. They will either be useful and adopted by industry people or they will be gimmicks and adopted by people that don't know any better.

There's a lot of new buzzwords & "TM"s with this fella. There's some posts on another forum where he's calling the market live and it's all "buy programs initiating", "sell programs initiating"

Thing about that is buy programs are traditionally used in reference to the execution of one half of a stat arb strategy, so calling out "buy programs initiating" as an indicator an up move is imminent is more an indicator of not knowing what stat arb is and why you so often THINK you see "bots buyng and selling at random", when the reality is that you are actually seeing half of a 2 (or more) sided trade.

Toast, as you're here, do you know anything about NT8?
Nothing substantiated, just rumours, but possible revamp
of standard NT tape and dom to include a lot of the features only available
as 3p add on currently.
May have seen it on BMT?

No idea to be honest. Their DOM does need a facelift.

I don't get the impression that Ninja want to go head to head with TT on a DOM. I think their interests are not really focused there.

One of the issues with Ninja is that for a high volume trader, TT at $1k a month is cheaper than Ninja because the routing engines than Ninja supports doesn't give volume discounts.

Last edited:
In regards to to people ditching Jigsaw after one week,

Well - I do give a 14 day money back guarantee and those still on the fence after 14 days get more time if requested (I shall more than likely regret saying that).

So they usually dump it after 2-4 weeks. I think that dumping it is actually a good thing. If you take time to look at this & it's not for you, then good on you for giving it a go and making the best decision.

The refund rate is about 4% currently. I expect it'll soar to 999999% now there's a new kid on the block. :rolleyes:

not knowing what stat arb is why you so often THINK you see "bots buyng and selling at random", when the reality is that you are actually seeing half of a 2 (or more) sided trade.

I don't dispute that's probably true, but I'm interested in why you refuse to believe that there are people out there who deliberately buy and sell at random.

I'm always astonished when other traders retrospectively analyse my entries and exits, and some of the justifications they find to support their beliefs.

I thought vendors are not allowed to post links :whistling

I thought vendors are not allowed to post links :whistling

I don't think anyone really knows, the guidelines appear to be in a state of constant flux. At least this one has a badge (unlike many)

I don't think anyone really knows, the guidelines appear to be in a state of constant flux. At least this one has a badge (unlike many)

1.06 No selling allowed. Any form of selling is unacceptable. The forum has to be a safe place, it can’t be this if you are trying to sell your products and services. If you see this happening then report it and it will be dealt with.
1.07 Vendors are welcome but they can’t sell. Any vendor representative who is prepared to share valuable information, join in discussions or deal with questions about their services will be welcomed. If they cross the line into selling the offending content will be deleted.

1.06 No selling allowed. Any form of selling is unacceptable. The forum has to be a safe place, it can’t be this if you are trying to sell your products and services. If you see this happening then report it and it will be dealt with.
1.07 Vendors are welcome but they can’t sell. Any vendor representative who is prepared to share valuable information, join in discussions or deal with questions about their services will be welcomed. If they cross the line into selling the offending content will be deleted.

If you where a vendor of goods or services why would you even think twice about contributing on ANY trading website ?

In 99.99% of cases its self promotional. If DT where not a member here would I know about jigsaw trading ? I suspect not. The same could be said for Mr Charts, or Guy "nazi box" Cohen. I suspect I would remain in ignorance of the services these gentlemen provide.

If these people truly wanted to contribute, they could do so anonymously without promotion of their products and services

Steve is well aware that their participation is principally to SELL. It's a mutually beneficial relationship, but the sites integrity does suffer when rules such as those you've cited, are clearly breached on a daily basis.

The zoo deserves some credit from taking some action on the vendor infection problem, but their transition to a "shining beacon" cannot even begin until the situation is properly addressed.

It depends on what the link is to, if it is any kind of advert then you are right it gets deleted and often incurs a warning as well.

There's no point warning them, they'll just come back hiding behind their fake Belgian IP.

Does linking to one's home page in the opening post and asking t2w members sign up for something that includes a 14 day free trial classify as an advert? Just asking, in case there are any of those on this thread. :whistling

Peter

Reactions: tar
No idea to be honest. Their DOM does need a facelift.

I don't get the impression that Ninja want to go head to head with TT on a DOM. I think their interests are not really focused there.

One of the issues with Ninja is that for a high volume trader, TT at $1k a month is cheaper than Ninja because the routing engines than Ninja supports doesn't give volume discounts.

Sounds reasonable enough.
Anway, TBH I'm hoping they improve the automation side a little.
Pretty good now for what I want, wouldn't mind a few changes though.