New Tape Reading Software

Sounds reasonable enough.
Anway, TBH I'm hoping they improve the automation side a little.
Pretty good now for what I want, wouldn't mind a few changes though.

Biggest issue with it now is it all runs on one thread - not the optimizer & backtest stuff but charts and all the trading tools.

It can really pucker up 1 core of your i7 whilst leaving the others asleep.

Biggest issue with it now is it all runs on one thread - not the optimizer & backtest stuff but charts and all the trading tools.

It can really pucker up 1 core of your i7 whilst leaving the others asleep.

Yikes :eek: the optimizer they can keep.
Tried it out of curiosity, no worse than any other optimizer I spose,
end of the day its just automated curve fitting.

One thing I would like to see is a bit more control over trade message frequency.
I'm currently within the MBT limits, and although they do charge a small fee if you go
over, the main concern is they can temp disable your account if it persists.
In truth, I'm not sure if its an MB API issue, or the way NT deals with the MB API.
No big deal for the time being though.
I'll find a workaround if I have to.

The multicore issue doesn't affect me that much, could it be solved for you with
64 bit?
NinjaTrader 7 Features
64-bit NinjaTrader

We have added native support for running NinjaTrader in a 64-bit environment. During installation, NinjaTrader will detect the presence of a 64-bit OS and install both 32-bit and 64-bit application icons on your desktop. NinjaTrader will fully utilize a 64-bit multi-core environment especially in the area of strategy development and optimization. There is a catch in that not all of our broker and market data adapters provide native 64-bit DLL's thus however, you can still use the 32-bit version.

"end of the day its just automated curve fitting."

Faster than manual curve fitting!

I use 64 bit Ninja, it's still single threaded for charts.

Thanks for everyone who tried our trial. If you have comments please be sure to email them to us because I won't be monitoring this thread going forward. We just wrapped up our NinjaTrader sponsored webinar today and hope you were able to attend. We're still offering a free 2-week trial for anyone interested in learning to read the tape, order flow, and futures day trading.
Thanks,
Curtis
Home - OrderFlowDashPro