Trading surroundings

Hope this makes sense, as I've had a bit of a lay off from spread betting for a year or more. How or why does the environment you trade in effect you? I can trade easily (and more successfully) when I'm doing it from work, on my laptop, grabbing a few minutes here and there in between work.

Yet, at home, in my office, no distractions or noise and 2 monitors etc, i just seem to struggle. Any ideas please?

I've finally got the free time at home to really focus on my trading, yet am not as successful as when i'm perched in a quiet area of work on my laptop??

Hope this makes sense, as I've had a bit of a lay off from spread betting for a year or more. How or why does the environment you trade in effect you? I can trade easily (and more successfully) when I'm doing it from work, on my laptop, grabbing a few minutes here and there in between work.

Yet, at home, in my office, no distractions or noise and 2 monitors etc, i just seem to struggle. Any ideas please?

I've finally got the free time at home to really focus on my trading, yet am not as successful as when i'm perched in a quiet area of work on my laptop??

simple, do something and trade between it like you would at work. Just find something to do or learn