Any interest in a "trader's tour"?

bfree

I've been trading full-time at home for 10 years now. I would like to start taking advantage of my freedom and do regular 1-3 month working holidays. It is getting a bit monotonous working from home every day, I feel like a change of scenery and routine. The idea is to go to a nice destination, rent a serviced apartment/house and continue to trade whilst having a bit of a holiday and look around at the same time.

I am in my 30s, single (straight) with no ties. Interested in visiting Europe, North America and Asia...anywhere really that is safe with good internet and a nice environment.

I have been on holidays myself before and it is not as much fun as having mates around. Am independent but it is always nice to have someone to go out and grab a meal with etc.

So my idea is to get some other traders who would like to join in. Depending on numbers we could rent a nice serviced apartment or house to live and trade from. As we wouldn't have a dedicated office setup you would need to be able to trade from your laptop.

In terms of costs, that would depend on numbers and where we went. Somewhere like Prague or Thailand we could get something very nice for around $US1000/month per person. In Chicago, $US2000/month per person for a flash condo. This is the price range I am thinking about.

I am available anytime from May this year. If you are interested, please post here or send me a PM.

What a brilliant idea!

I've moved on from that now with other interests (older, perhaps wiser now than I was then? , comfortably retired etc etc) but when I was 30 -ish and had I been in your position I would have gone for it.

Do it while you have the opportunity - it may not come your way again. :)

Sounds like a great idea and I hope you get some takers. I'm far too old and have ties, but it's something I might have considered under different circumstances.

I was going to say that if you like that kind of thing, parts of Berlin can be surprisingly cheap. It's a vibrant, interesting city, not too far away and worth getting to know.
Internet access shouldn't be a problem. Would help if you know a bit of German, and a great chance to improve it, if you wanted to.

Paris would also be great fun I think, though a tad pricier.

Actually you could have a Grand Tour of the European capitals, just like the old aristocracy used to...

....Then blow it all in Monte Carlo :LOL:

I have decided to go myself even if I don't get any takers. My friends are limited to doing short holidays (few days to a few weeks), which is hard for me because I still need to trade every day. I like the idea of staying in a place for at least a month and I can explore it at my own pace.

The big issue with my idea is of course sharing with a stranger. If anyone is interested we would need to chat over Skype for a period of time to ensure we were on the same page. Then meet at the destination and if we get on look for an apartment together. If not, go our separate ways with no hard feelings. Would be too risky to book and pay in advance I would imagine.

Maybe I could get your advice on some good locations if this ends up as a solo trader's tour? Berlin sounds great. I'm in Australia so haven't seen much of Europe (apart from working in Holland and a visit to Paris).

Where else do you think would be suitable for a working holiday, somewhere where I can get by in English, good personal safety, and of course friendly local women!

Hadn't realised you were in Oz.

Maybe that makes the Far East more realistic for you, unless you particularly want to come to Europe.

I was going to say Holland/Amsterdam, but you've already worked there, so nothing new.

You'd get by in English in any of the Scandinavian countries, at least in the bigger cities, but you'd probably want to make sure you go in their summer, as you might not enjoy their other seasons, which will probably all feel like winter to you :) Stunning women. Not too many safety issues. Cost of living high though, especially booze :)

Actually somewhere like Copenhagen, Denmark could be pretty good, because it's also close to southern Sweden, and not too far from northern Germany (Hamburg!), Holland, or even Poland, if you wanted to tour around.

For a different sort of experience, how about Dublin, or Edinburgh? You'd have no shortage of drinking companions if nothing else :)

There's London of course, but to make it affordable, you'd probably be stuck out in the suburbs, which may not be exactly what you want.

Could always rent a bus or mobile home and move around Europe meeting up with trading groups on the way plus some passengers too

Loads of Fosters around to keep the wheels well oiled :cheesy:

Coming to think of it T2W could set up a trading circuit of UK or Europe where one stays for a few days at each location with other traders and their families

Hello,

You reside in Australia right ! I'll love to have access to forex investors from your continent Call 2348034025251Or send email to [email protected]

However, I wish u a success in your trader's tour

I've been trading full-time at home for 10 years now. I would like to start taking advantage of my freedom and do regular 1-3 month working holidays. It is getting a bit monotonous working from home every day, I feel like a change of scenery and routine. The idea is to go to a nice destination, rent a serviced apartment/house and continue to trade whilst having a bit of a holiday and look around at the same time.

I am in my 30s, single (straight) with no ties. Interested in visiting Europe, North America and Asia...anywhere really that is safe with good internet and a nice environment.

I have been on holidays myself before and it is not as much fun as having mates around. Am independent but it is always nice to have someone to go out and grab a meal with etc.

So my idea is to get some other traders who would like to join in. Depending on numbers we could rent a nice serviced apartment or house to live and trade from. As we wouldn't have a dedicated office setup you would need to be able to trade from your laptop.

In terms of costs, that would depend on numbers and where we went. Somewhere like Prague or Thailand we could get something very nice for around $US1000/month per person. In Chicago, $US2000/month per person for a flash condo. This is the price range I am thinking about.

I am available anytime from May this year. If you are interested, please post here or send me a PM.

Now hold on a minute.The first places hes found the prices of are Prague and Thailand. Call me an old stick in the mud but this sounds like an end of season tour to me,what a great idea.

what kind of trading u do..............

Interesting idea. I`m in a familiar situation right now.

What happened? :)

Spent a little time in Asia last year. Probably the best trip I've done. On a normal holiday I get sick of staying in hotels (can't cook, pain to do laundry). With a serviced apartment can trade, chill out, and have time to really explore the city at a relaxed pace.

Spent a little time in Asia last year. Probably the best trip I've done. On a normal holiday I get sick of staying in hotels (can't cook, pain to do laundry). With a serviced apartment can trade, chill out, and have time to really explore the city at a relaxed pace.

bree,

Sounds amazing. Where did you stay in Asia?

What kind of trading do you do? US markets?

I`ve been doing some research with regards to Thailand and consensus seems to be that the internet there is not good enough for day trading. Also, the time zone may not be the best if trading US markets.

Maybe I`ve been misinformed?

I`m looking at apartments here in Oslo right now, but it is cold and I`m really not motivated to live here. A nicer climate now would really be helpful for my soul and psyche.

Thanks for any advice and please save me from the cold. :D

Regards,

Johnny

bfree, I'm looking for somewhere to go over the Olympics. Do you have any plans?