Trading Coaches Who Are They ?

it wasnt cr*p before -but i need volatility - and it keeps reverting to the minimum

a lot of my long hours is just putting other methodologies together to take advantage of other market inefficiencies in case i need to change ship

but i could fit in a bit of painting for you - whats the day rate?

Stevet,

Fully appreciate what you say, and you have made some very valid points. Sometimes you elicit some pretty irrational reactions from people that do not agree with you - and a lot of your points are ignored.

I agree in the sense that many people see the training course as all they will need to become successful.

For me training is one tool in the toolkit required to become a successful trader (and I am not yet). Yes doing these trading courses does not guarentee success - but surely in a game like this where the chances are against you you take what you can. So you read books, you come to forums like this - and shock and horror sometimes you may even pay for a training course.

But at the end of the day it all comes down to you and your hard work.

Personally I am not too concerned about a traders P/L. I know I am better at maths, science and english then 95% of teachers but I still send my son to school. I dont require his english teachers to have written a novel, or his science teacher to be a scientist. etc. Thats life.

So if a trainer is not a trader do I care. No. As long as I can get something useful that justifies the expenditure then I am happy. So I look at the quality of the training and the information contained in it - thats all thats important.

eddiecomestotown

thx for your comments, but ironically your points illicit the key thing i am so cr*p at getting at

if you want to work as a broker or at a spreadbet company or charting company or whatever - you better make sure you learn all the trading jargon etc - and you can get that from books - so you at least look like you tried when you get the job interview

when people go to a trainer - no matter how you cut it - they hope they are gonna walk out at the end of the day and start trading and making money

and you are paying for that training - it aint free

if you found an english teacher on the internet and you were going to pay them a few hundred quid a day - you might be a bit keener to find out their qualificatons before you anti up and look for proof your kid is gonna pass that key exam

but at the end fo the day - trading is not about the jargon - trading is not about getting an exam as one step to later job security - trading is about making money to either support or improve your lifestyle - and in trading - you are either making it or losing it - and losing it is **** on all levels

so if i went to a trainer - i want one who is able to trade and make money - thats why i'd go - i want to know the guy is gonna unlock that door for me - and if he can demonstrate a 3 year p&l - i am gonna anti-up

and if he cant - i am gonna take a step back - if he wants me to trust him/her - perhaps he/she will trust me to pay em out of my future winnings!

if you want to learn about trading - get a book or scour the internet - if you want to make money from trading - only someone who makes money from trading can show you - its a skill way above any concept of trading that any newbie can perceive

but all i am doing is i repeat giving a view -i think my view is right or i would not have it - but i am sure trainers continue to reap it in - and good on them - i am just trying to balance the apperant credibiltiy attatched to the trainers by having them promoted by this site

though i must admit - some of the comments by newbies looking for an easy route does make me wonder - as they seem so keen/naieve to find this easy route - so someone for sure is gonna get their money anyway - at least the guys on here should get it since it will help to support the site

Last edited: