The Good the Bad & the Ugly - who are they?

LOL I'm not Scrote-rats :LOL:. Come on CV!

It's interesting though - those "arguments" between you and new_trader. A little too convenient if you ask me. Makes me wonder...

:D I wasn't suggesting you were "he".

If "he" "never did you any harm" then by this logic you were here right !
C'mon m8 ffs keep up it's not rocket science.:LOL:

Total Posts

:rolleyes:

:D I wasn't suggesting you were "he".

If "he" "never did you any harm" then by this logic you were here right !
C'mon m8 ffs keep up it's not rocket science.:LOL: (LOL)

Total Posts

:rolleyes:

Oh sorry, I see what you mean. It's a fair cop guv in one sense (9th January 2011 lol), but I was just stirring with that comment. I think he was banned before I joined, but I will have to check.

EDIT:

SOCRATES
Banned

Last Activity: Oct 12, 2007 10:34am

I thought so. He was before my time .

Last edited:
Heads up.

If you is spending more time discussing t2w personae than trading - then - you ain't trader boy...

You is t2w Big Issue.

Now, pass me that tissue, biyaatch....

If you is spending more time discussing t2w personae discussing t2w personae - then - you ain't trader boy...

You is the vendor/beneficiary of t2w Big Issue.

Heads up.

If you is spending more time discussing t2w personae than trading - then - you ain't trader boy...

You is t2w Big Issue.

Now, pass me that tissue, biyaatch....

LOL

I'm struggling a bit at the moment, I need things to occupy me. My markets are taking a while to get into their groove, and that's always dangerous for me. I'm not a total action junkie, but sitting on my hands is not my strong point. I've already taken 2 trades this year that I shouldn't have been anywhere near (1 slightly reduced loss, 1 small win) out of 8 total.

My account's up 3.75% so far, which is OK under the circumstances, although it should be nearer 6% (those two trades were really bad, and I should not have given them a second look. But I need to keep boredom at bay or I'll give that profit back and sling a bit of my own in for good measure. Hence my thirst for all things T2W.

someone or other of no-fixed nomenclature said:
It's a fair cop guv in one sense

Skillful blend there of the argot of the petty villain with that of a Guardian editorial.
He may be too young to remember "The Sweeney" (unless he's watched the repeats on ITV4), but I don't remember any East End bad boys saying to Jack Regan/John Thaw:

"It's a fair cop guv in one sense...".

Let's see:

"It's a fair cop guv'nor, in a very real sense, but on the other hand, and as you well know, it's the rich wot gets the gravy, it's the poor wot gets the blame. 'ere, d'you fink after I've been sent dahn, they'd let me do a media studies course??"

They couldn't say anything back because they were too busy spitting blood after being comprehensively beaten about the face and kidneys by Jack, You're Nicked Son, Regan.

Skillful blend there of the argot of the petty villain with that of a Guardian editorial.
He may be too young to remember "The Sweeney" (unless he's watched the repeats on ITV4), but I don't remember any East End bad boys saying to Jack Regan/John Thaw:

"It's a fair cop guv in one sense...".

Let's see:

"It's a fair cop guv'nor, in a very real sense, but on the other hand, and as you well know, it's the rich wot gets the gravy, it's the poor wot gets the blame. 'ere, d'you fink after I've been sent dahn, they'd let me do a media studies course??"

LOL Very good post MM. :LOL:

Yes I am too young for the original, and yes I have watched and loved the repeats. I also was very keen on Life on Mars / Ashes to Ashes.

Just to clarify however, I wasn't trying to weasel out of anything, just establish accuracy. This is not my first turn on the forum wheel of life, but nonetheless I was not here when Socrates was active (unless he is also a practitioner of re-incarnation).

Without a doubt, Soccy-baby should be brought back, he's pretty harmless, and a hell-of-a-lot-of-fun.

Essentially what happened was that after taking endless abuse over posting hindsight trades - Soccy decided that he would post live trades.

Oh dear.

He went with selling naked Puts on an index, just as, can you believe his bad-luck, the markets, and this index plunged.

Well, you can imagine - the thread went wild with derision, we calculated his margin calls and all manner of advice was proffered.

Soccy, basically, slunk off, hiding in shame. He did pop-up again at some point, claiming all manner redemption from the shambles, but, that was pretty much that.

jog on
duc

Last edited:
LOL Very good post MM. :LOL:

Yes I am too young for the original, and yes I have watched and loved the repeats. I also was very keen on Life on Mars / Ashes to Ashes.

Just to clarify however, I wasn't trying to weasel out of anything, just establish accuracy. This is not my first turn on the forum wheel of life, but nonetheless I was not here when Socrates was active (unless he is also a practitioner of re-incarnation).

:) Yes, I think Socrates was before your time, as he was just before my time I think, although I read some of his stuff in retrospect. I think it was established that "soocrates" was definitely not him (and I have an idea who it was but won't bother mentioning it here). The jury seems to be still out on whether he is (occasionally) back as a certain other userid, but again, I won't bother mentioning it here. Whether he's back in guises that I haven't even guessed at, I couldn't say. He has had a few vocal posthumous defenders in the time I've been here. I think I read (in retrospect) the thread where he finally got banned. While he seemed to be as annoying as hell, I couldn't exactly work out the reason for the ban, and assumed it was for matters happening "off stage" perhaps.

Thanks for the detailed info MM and Ducati.

MM, do you know what thread that was? I'm bored and fancy delving into a bit of T2W folklore. :)

Thanks for the detailed info MM and Ducati.

MM, do you know what thread that was? I'm bored and fancy delving into a bit of T2W folklore. :)

This is the Options thread where Soccy went "live" and crashed horribly.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/options/23221-plain-vanilla-options-trades.html

It's a classic from start to finish. A cygnet.

There is another thread that significantly predates this thread. On this thread, based entirely on allegories, Socrates' reputation was first established, if you can call it that, and from then on, he became intolerable in his arrogance, which, led to his downfall in the Vanilla thread, but it took place over about 2/3 years. I'll try and dig out the original thread. Bramble will know it, as he was a major protagonist on the thread.

jog on
duc