The Good the Bad & the Ugly - who are they?

hi atilla, long time no chat, hope you are well.

i'm not sure what the current thoughts are re banned members being allowed to return. it was always the case that if a banned member wished to return after a time of absence they were allowed to do so, on their promise to behave to the guidelines of course.

i'm not aware of any change to that policy of old, so i will stick my neck out and say that banned members can request a return if they wish to do so.

hi atilla, long time no chat, hope you are well.

i'm not sure what the current thoughts are re banned members being allowed to return. it was always the case that if a banned member wished to return after a time of absence they were allowed to do so, on their promise to behave to the guidelines of course.

i'm not aware of any change to that policy of old, so i will stick my neck out and say that banned members can request a return if they wish to do so.

Well that is very good news. :)

I reckon all those who have left then members here should invite back in.

Water under the bridge. I can't remember half the reasons anyway.

I also think it would be great for those members to come back. Am I wrong in thinking that - like ASBOS's they'll come back with a bit of kudos, you know as if they have become legends of T2W because we often mention and talk about them.

Sounds wrong but I mean it in a nice way. (y)

I posted a suggestion, when the rep system was abolished, to have a 'followers' system. I genuinely thought I had covered all the angles the way I was proposing it was set up. I guess it was just a bit too much of a hassle architecture wise for the T2W powers that be (not a criticism as such - any change has to be worth the effort).

No idea how to find that post now as it was a while back.

Can someone post a link for where Socrates posts these days. (if he does?) I like his depth of view of how he perceives his external world and his deep analysis of typical human conditioning/behaviour and what they must overcome (within themselves) when approaching the markets.

I very much enjoy reading his posts and what they have to offer.

Cheers for any help here !

The good: the very few who behave properly towards others and in addition have undertaken to work hard on improving themselves. Merit, Ability, and Conduct.

The bad: those who do not behave properly, either through miseducation or malice. There is some hope for these people, if they can be beneficially influenced. Rehabilitation is open to all who wish to make an effort to change.

The ugly: those who pervert the natural order by banishing the good and further corrupting the bad, for their own satisfaction and profit.

Hope you have been keeping well sir , thanks for all your effort on these boards to help others to raise their games.

cheers.

I posted a suggestion, when the rep system was abolished, to have a 'followers' system. I genuinely thought I had covered all the angles the way I was proposing it was set up. I guess it was just a bit too much of a hassle architecture wise for the T2W powers that be (not a criticism as such - any change has to be worth the effort).

Hi GJ,
Yes, your idea was one of the better ones put forward at the time. There's a thread on this subject in the Staff Forum and your suggestion is highlighted - along with one or two others. The post I think you're referring to is #87 on P11 of this thread: Get rid of the rep system
As you correctly surmise, the scale of the job is huge and the T2W tech' team have a stack of other stuff to do which is of higher priority. FWIW, I'd love to see something done as I believe it could be hugely beneficial for the site. I'm sure that - in time - something will be rolled out.
Tim.

I like the followers idea. It works well on twitter and sites like seekingalpha

Surely noone in their right minds wants old Socs back again, do they ?
He had the biggest ego I have ever come across, barring Cassius Clay. The latter had genuine talent, while Socs had none. It was all bluster and maybes.
Claiming to have the use of the Holy Grail but never coming clean as to what his points were based on. I never remember him making 1 worthwhile forecast or contributing a single piece of methodology.
Most of his comments were made to belittle anyone who dared to even ask a question. No,no ole Socs may you rest in peace mate far far away in some distant looney bin.

How do you mean explain ? You can either do it or not do it. It is not a matter of choice, it is a matter of seizing the moment.

For example...you see your own name in print....or you close your eyes and imagine your name in print..you can "hear" what is sounds like....can't you ?

This is something very sudden and very similar.

This was the average sort of nonsense Socs wrote.
Well I am all for a bit of a laugh but nearly 5,000 posts of such nonsense could get a bit boring. Sureal to some I guess but not very meaningful.

Psycho acoustics. And maybe some hear it others can't ? I assume everyone can hear internally silent sounds, using their psycho acoustics.

Yup
A sort of human bullsh*t generator on a Delphic scale

Probably meant just about anything anyone wanted it to mean until whatever happened.

:sleep:

I would like to say I miss the colourful wit and sarcasm of poor ole Socks
but I would be lying.
To say he brought some cheer to the party -
but no I would still be lying.

In fact I'm glad he's gone to the great funny farm somewhere
And not a moment too soon

:)

hasta la vista baby

Total Posts

Best out yourself then eh :)

LOL I'm not Scrote-rats :LOL:. Come on CV!

It's interesting though - those "arguments" between you and new_trader. A little too convenient if you ask me. Makes me wonder...