Trading big news

This is a good question Brewsk, and there's a lot of ways of approaching it. For example, you could watch more markets, especially if you're a "set up" trader rather than an ES (or EURUSD, Wheat, Bobl, whatever) trader.

Honestly though, the breakthrough for me came when I got sick of losing. That's it.

I would do OK, mess up, win a few, lose a few, round and round, always stuck at break even or a little on either side. Then it occurred to me that I'm not here to trade, I'm here to make money. That doesn't have to be everyday - assume you get 2R per week, that's it. Now assume you've got a decent account, say 100 large, risking 2, 2.5% per trade. Are you really telling me you can't wait?

The key is to trade as though you're trading with a 100, 200, 300 grand account, whatever. Now look at the sh1tty set ups you took. Would you trade that if you were putting 10 G-bills on the line?

Now, I'm not trading with a 300 grand account. But by being patient, one day I will be. So that means I can wait for the good set ups.

Then there's the rewards. My account is up 25% (without compounding) in less than a month. In the past I would have p1ssed a lot of this away, for example by trading through all that sideways chop last week. But now? I'm up double figures, so I figure I can wait it out.

I have a plan, and I stick to it. My plan is to take good trades, if not I'm just gambling. So I wait patiently, and in the meantime it helps that Joe's around so I can distract myself by ramming my boot up his a$$.

Thanks Pazienza.

Maybe I'll load a few more markets up, I only look at Indices really.

I reckon Joe is just on here to wind people up:LOL:

Thanks Pazienza.

Maybe I'll load a few more markets up, I only look at Indices really.

I reckon Joe is just on here to wind people up:LOL:

I reckon you're right about that, and good on him.

Another thing worth doing is looking over the markets at the end of the day. Like today, looking at YM, ES, NQ and TF, it feels so good to have stood aside.

Lot of guys getting chopped up on those crappy days, trying to trade just for the sake of it.

Who tries that? You'd just be asking for a wallet-raping via the a$$.

I don't try that, I do that. Without good fundamentals, I ain't trading it. Trading on good fundamentals is like fighting on a down hill - you get that natural advantage that comes free.

I don't try that, I do that. Without good fundamentals, I ain't trading it. Trading on good fundamentals is like fighting on a down hill - you get that natural advantage that comes free.

Joe, you're a beginner. A noooooooooooooooob. So I understand why you come out with the crap that you do (also, you're a wind up merchant).

So you keep on day-trading on fundamentals, and Mr Market can keep reaming your a$$hole out.

You're gonna end up walking bow-legged Joe. You're gonna get so a$$-railed you're gonna need both hands to hold the sides of your gaping ricker together.

Joe, you're a beginner. A noooooooooooooooob. So I understand why you come out with the crap that you do (also, you're a wind up merchant).

So you keep on day-trading on fundamentals, and Mr Market can keep reaming your a$$hole out.

You're gonna end up walking bow-legged Joe. You're gonna get so a$$-railed you're gonna need both hands to hold the sides of your gaping ricker together.

This is why you don't trade stocks, because you don't know how. So why are you so aggressive today ? Got raped by the market ?

This is why you don't trade stocks, because you don't know how. So why are you so aggressive today ? Got raped by the market ?

I stood aside today like a winner. Yesterday I b1tch-slapped the mini Russell all over the place.

I ain't aggressive, I just got balls son. Big balls of solid concrete. Let's see your balls Joe.

I stood aside today like a winner. Yesterday I b1tch-slapped the mini Russell all over the place.

I ain't aggressive, I just got balls son. Big balls of solid concrete. Let's see your balls Joe.

No trade, no win. Balls would be quite useless. So now I see where the frustration and aggression is coming from. If you learn stock trading and start appreciating the correlation between fundamentals and technicals, you'd have action everyday given the thousands upon thousands of different vehicles that will take you to wherever you want to go.

Why don't I help you with a tip ? Buy Marks and Spencers. In its current state, it's safe even for a beginner stock trader like you.

Last edited:
No trade, no win. Balls would be quite useless. So now I see where the frustration and aggression is coming from. If you learn stock trading and start appreciating the fundamentals, you'd have action everyday given the thousands upon thousands of different vehicles that will take you to wherever you want to go.

Why don't I help you with a tip ? Buy Marks and Spencers. In its current state, it's safe even for a beginner stock trader like you.

Joe, winners trade to win. Joe trades to trade, and loose. When I trade I win. When I don't trade, I win.

Have you got lubed yet? You should. Mr Market is coming for your A$$.

You won't show me your balls. Are you a man, or a girly-man?

Thanks for the tip, but I don't take tips and I won't give you a tip. Mr Mr Market has a tip for you Joe. It's purple, it's throbbing, and it's on the end of his thick shaft Joe. Are you gonna wait there, bent over for it?

Joe, winners trade to win. Joe trades to trade, and loose. When I trade I win. When I don't trade, I win.

Have you got lubed yet? You should. Mr Market is coming for your A$$.

You won't show me your balls. Are you a man, or a girly-man?

Thanks for the tip, but I don't take tips and I won't give you a tip. Mr Mr Market has a tip for you Joe. It's purple, it's throbbing, and it's on the end of his thick shaft Joe. Are you gonna wait there, bent over for it?

Go to bed early today, and get up early tomorrow. The market will be nice tomorrow, I promise.

Ah Joe, I knew you were a big, wet girly-man. But no excuses - the market might have raped your a$$ today, I understand that you're sore. But you don't type with your a$$, do you Joe?

Tomorrow I will trade stocks, and I'll help you out. I'm going to sell 5 shares of M&S - that should be enough to halve the price.

The thread is about trading the big news - but you need the big balls to trade the big news. You don't have them. Show us your little balls, Mr Small-Balls!

Ah Joe, I knew you were a big, wet girly-man. But no excuses - the market might have raped your a$$ today, I understand that you're sore. But you don't type with your a$$, do you Joe?

Tomorrow I will trade stocks, and I'll help you out. I'm going to sell 5 shares of M&S - that should be enough to halve the price.

The thread is about trading the big news - but you need the big balls to trade the big news. You don't have them. Show us your little balls, Mr Small-Balls!

Since you keep begging for it, here you go:

l.jpg

It is apparent your trading is anal heavy. You really aught to try something different, something that makes you as relaxed as I am. Since your account is smaller than 300k, I don't know where your condescension comes from with regards to stock trading, or even trading other markets. If rapage is a frequent occurrence in the market you are in, time to move on. It will make you a happier man.

Yes, you go ahead in trading M&S. Don't worry I might ask for tips in return. I am only doing it because I felt sorry for your having been left out by the market.

Those balls are too small to be playing in the markets. I make Buster Gonad look like a eunuch.