Trading big news

Plenty of action in equities this morning. Barclays would have given you a handsome return. The newsparper said the market was crashing, so I bought. There is something to trading on news.

Plenty of action in equities this morning. Barclays would have given you a handsome return. The newsparper said the market was crashing, so I bought. There is something to trading on news.

F*** Barclays. That's for perfumed girly-men.

And f*** the mornings too. Do you think I trade because I want to get up in the f***ing morning?

F*** Barclays. That's for perfumed girly-men.

And f*** the mornings too. Do you think I trade because I want to get up in the f***ing morning?

I think you get up in the morning only for some b1tching. You said there was no action, and I am pointing out to you where the action was.

But equities is unsuitable for you as you hold the noobie view about company fundamentals. If you knew about the fundamentals, you would have plunged into barclays.

I think you get up in the morning only for some b1tching. You said there was no action, and I am pointing out to you where the action was.

But equities is unsuitable for you as you hold the noobie view about company fundamentals. If you knew about the fundamentals, you would have plunged into barclays.

Listen pal, you can suck your fundamentals outta my a$$. I get up in the mornings to fix myself an Old Fashioned.

You know why Barclays rose? Cos I opened a cash ISA with them for 3 Gs. Just imagine if I had used the whole £5,340 allowance, what woulda happened? That sh1t would be trading at 5.

Listen pal, you can suck your fundamentals outta my a$$. I get up in the mornings to fix myself an Old Fashioned.

You know why Barclays rose? Cos I opened a cash ISA with them for 3 Gs. Just imagine if I had used the whole £5,340 allowance, what woulda happened? That sh1t would be trading at 5.

Look, pal. With 5k, you can't even open half an ISA. Got up on the wrong side of bed today did we ?

Pazienza has that quality to charm everybody. That's his job in this forum; the Forum Charmer.

ROUND 2! :D

Look, pal. With 5k, you can't even open half an ISA. Got up on the wrong side of bed today did we ?

I got up on the floor of a whorehouse today, so shows what you know motherf***er.

And what the f*** are you talking about beeyotch? The maximum you can put into a cash ISA (assuming you did, which you shouldn't) in 2011-12 is £5,340, half of the maximum allowance.

Talkin' to you puts a second crease in my a$$.

I got up on the floor of a whorehouse today, so shows what you know motherf***er.

And what the f*** are you talking about beeyotch? The maximum you can put into a cash ISA (assuming you did, which you shouldn't) in 2011-12 is £5,340, half of the maximum allowance.

Talkin' to you puts a second crease in my a$$.

I know nothing about cash ISAs. Clearly you are the expert. You are lucky to only get a crease. In other forums, people usually accuse me of ripping them a new a-hole.

I know nothing about cash ISAs. Clearly you are the expert. You are lucky to only get a crease. In other forums, people usually accuse me of ripping them a new a-hole.

You damn right I'm the expert. Except I usually insist on it being written "TEH EXPERT", as befits my status as a 3-brain know-it-all.

Now, with regards to a$$holes, most people got 1. I got two - the one in my crease, and you.

EDIT: Tried to rep your post, but it won't let me. I've used it up apparently.

Too much b1tching. I am not surprised they took all your reps away. If you like, I can rep for you. What reason shall I put down ?

Too much b1tching. I am not surprised they took all your reps away. If you like, I can rep for you. What reason shall I put down ?

Nobody took my reps, I've given out too much, now I can't give out any more for a while. That's just me, too generous and good-natured.

You can rep for me if you want. The reason? Put "I don't wanna get bitch-slapped by the bada$$ ninja commando.".

Rubbish day in the markets today, nothing doing at all. Give me volatility or give me death.

Days like today bore my nuts off.

How do you stop yourself taking trades you know you shouldn't? My trigger finger is starting to get very itchy and I'm looking for any excuse to enter a trade!

How do you stop yourself taking trades you know you shouldn't? My trigger finger is starting to get very itchy and I'm looking for any excuse to enter a trade!

This is a good question Brewsk, and there's a lot of ways of approaching it. For example, you could watch more markets, especially if you're a "set up" trader rather than an ES (or EURUSD, Wheat, Bobl, whatever) trader.

Honestly though, the breakthrough for me came when I got sick of losing. That's it.

I would do OK, mess up, win a few, lose a few, round and round, always stuck at break even or a little on either side. Then it occurred to me that I'm not here to trade, I'm here to make money. That doesn't have to be everyday - assume you get 2R per week, that's it. Now assume you've got a decent account, say 100 large, risking 2, 2.5% per trade. Are you really telling me you can't wait?

The key is to trade as though you're trading with a 100, 200, 300 grand account, whatever. Now look at the sh1tty set ups you took. Would you trade that if you were putting 10 G-bills on the line?

Now, I'm not trading with a 300 grand account. But by being patient, one day I will be. So that means I can wait for the good set ups.

Then there's the rewards. My account is up 25% (without compounding) in less than a month. In the past I would have p1ssed a lot of this away, for example by trading through all that sideways chop last week. But now? I'm up double figures, so I figure I can wait it out.

I have a plan, and I stick to it. My plan is to take good trades, if not I'm just gambling. So I wait patiently, and in the meantime it helps that Joe's around so I can distract myself by ramming my boot up his a$$.

Last edited: