Traders that made it big

look at this thread

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/163906-one-year-officialy-day-trading.html

if I have not misunderstood the poster has turned $5 k in to $43k in two years

and $ 43k in to another $147k in another year....

is that big enough...

and further he says "I ave been reading posts on this forum for the past 7 years,the advice and comments I have read here for free, has made me a better trader 100 times compared to nonsense money I have previously spent over the past 5 years buying courses,books,seminars etc... although I did learn terminology and many other things...I feel the "real" info on here gave me the upper hand to finaly succeed."

yep........he gets it ......he gets it (y)
N

pnl thread on elitetrader has a few people who apparently average a between 2-10K per day (USD).
Grey1 (formerly of this site) used to regularly demonstrate his live trading in realtime and would also hit similar numbers as could be seen from his broker statements.
I reckon counterViolent makes a good few Quid from trading, too.

2-10 in real money or demo? in demo i manage that too ;)

there's only 1 person i've ever encountered at forums who proved he could do more than just type,
Greg Wilson

interesting story behind this guy, he managed to lose virtually all of his capital during his learning phase, was left with just $2,000 and in his words, hit rock bottom; i've seen posts of his making up to $150,000 in a single day!

Is there any trader in here, that actually is making it big in FX and/or other securities? I often wonder if people do manage to keep that constant gain on the long run before blowing up the account.. and manage to make a great living out of trading..

Attachments

• 2013-01-24_2116.png
    2013-01-24_2116.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 262
there's only 1 person i've ever encountered at forums who proved he could do more than just type,
Greg Wilson

interesting story behind this guy, he managed to lose virtually all of his capital during his learning phase, was left with just $2,000 and in his words, hit rock bottom; i've seen posts of his making up to $150,000 in a single day!

wow - thats proper scalping though. massive positions!

Most of the very best traders that I've worked with, who have made real money, tend to have one thing in common. They can operate on a regular basis and net reasonable gains. They don't make money every day but they all make money almost every week. Most of the big money is made from a few special opportunities.

An example would be the very flat trading that the FOREX markets were undergoing 6 months ago. Not a lot to be made, but a good disciplined trader would go home most weeks with a profit. Then the opportunity presents its self.

The Central Bank of Japan announces a policy shift. They declare they intend to weaken the Yen. Here is where the real traders go to work. Instead of scrapping for a few pips, they recognize the real potential and they take larger positions and widen their time frame to try and capture the bigger move.

One might think of it this way, the BOJ said they are going to stock the pond, so its time to go fishing!

There are lots of ways to make money, but this is one way that many very successful traders get it done.

Rich