Traders that made it big

prometeo1984

Is there any trader in here, that actually is making it big in FX and/or other securities? I often wonder if people do manage to keep that constant gain on the long run before blowing up the account.. and manage to make a great living out of trading..

You will know when I have made it big: when I have better things to do than post here.

"making it big ?"........what is this ....the X-factor ?

Not yet but had a few near misses, come close to blowing up a few times too.

pnl thread on elitetrader has a few people who apparently average a between 2-10K per day (USD).
Grey1 (formerly of this site) used to regularly demonstrate his live trading in realtime and would also hit similar numbers as could be seen from his broker statements.
I reckon counterViolent makes a good few Quid from trading, too.

pnl thread on elitetrader has a few people who apparently average a between 2-10K per day (USD).
Grey1 (formerly of this site) used to regularly demonstrate his live trading in realtime and would also hit similar numbers as could be seen from his broker statements.
I reckon counterViolent makes a good few Quid from trading, too.

Does Grey1 still call out trades ? I'd be interested to take a look.

Does Grey1 still call out trades ? I'd be interested to take a look.

No.
Well, not that I am currently aware of.
When he stopped posting here years ago, I was able to track him down in a private (and free) room, where he called trades live on the mic and then posted his statements when asked to do so.
However, that was also quite a while ago now.
He was about the best i've ever seen when It comes to being indisputably profitable. He killed the market pretty much everyday with complete transparency.

No.
Well, not that I am currently aware of.
When he stopped posting here years ago, I was able to track him down in a private (and free) room, where he called trades live on the mic and then posted his statements when asked to do so.
However, that was also quite a while ago now.
He was about the best i've ever seen when It comes to being indisputably profitable. He killed the market pretty much everyday with complete transparency.

Did you manage to peep over his shoulder to see how he did it ?
Cos that's whats important !

Most of the really successful traders I know are either too busy or too shy to talk about their success. I've actually had the devil of a time getting any to interview for my site. The one bloke I have got so far – Jarratt Davis – will tell you that it's far from an easy ride to the top, but that it can be done by those willing to apply themselves over the long term.

Erron

Well, not all here lose money; I made £32 (thirtytwo) pounds last year(y)

thats nothing........i have been known to make at least £2-3 (yes actual pounds) a day after spreads.........

life in the big bucks works for me ..ask my jobseekers allowance officer

N

Did you manage to peep over his shoulder to see how he did it ?
Cos that's whats important !

nope..........the best traders in the world could show us what they do and we still wouldnt get it ......whats important is finding your own path ..and then sticking to it through thick and thin :smart:

the Holy Grail is not a system but the Trader themselves ;)

N