Traders International - Feedback from members wanted!

Thanks guys, I am reading this from the UK.

I too was about to sign up for the course but no longer will.

The person in charge of UK side is Ian Thompson. Has anyone taken the course with him?

If the TI course is all about the divergence then I can learn that free using the link the someone posted earlier.

Here it is again Divergence Trading: Using Divergence System to Trade Forex Currency

I am new to contract dealing, and selling and buying with simple mouse clicks!
Where do I get started?

Excellent, thanks for all this useful info, I now will not be considering TI. Pays to do your research before you waste your money on these courses. If they were so successful and true to their claims, we would all be rich!

Also thanks for the useful links - melgayar and others, goes to show you can get all the information for free that you need to trade instead of paying thousands.

I dont think paying thousands for a course is a bad thing as long as the course meets your needs. You can pay for a course and have the right knowledge and mentoring in one place (asuming the course is of good quality) which will save alot of time compared to combing through free data on the net and then trying to validate if that data is accurate. For me time has a $$$ value to it so i choose to do a course and im very happy with it right now.

In the end this comes down to your priorities save money or save time.

And also if you want to get in the markets you plan to make tens of thousands right? otherwise why would you invest all your effort trying to figure out the markets, so 5k or 7k for a course is not much when it is relative to what you are trying to achieve.

But 7k is a lot of money for a normal person like me when it took me over a year to save that, and i would be dam pissed if i invested in a course that was anything less than what is promised.

I dont think paying thousands for a course is a bad thing as long as the course meets your needs. You can pay for a course and have the right knowledge and mentoring in one place (asuming the course is of good quality) which will save alot of time compared to combing through free data on the net and then trying to validate if that data is accurate. For me time has a $$$ value to it so i choose to do a course and im very happy with it right now.

In the end this comes down to your priorities save money or save time.

And also if you want to get in the markets you plan to make tens of thousands right? otherwise why would you invest all your effort trying to figure out the markets, so 5k or 7k for a course is not much when it is relative to what you are trying to achieve.

But 7k is a lot of money for a normal person like me when it took me over a year to save that, and i would be dam pissed if i invested in a course that was anything less than what is promised.

Well Dingo you hit the nail right on the head for me, that's exactly how I feel and yes I am damn pissed that TI hasn't lived up to what they promised me. I am in the process of talks with them about getting a refund! Don't know what will happen but I've spoken to the dept of fair trading and they have advised that I write a letter explaining the situation and see if we ourselves can resolve it and if that fails, they will step in and access the situation.
I do still believe that there a good courses out there that have to be of value and a time saver just like you do dingo. Also I wouldn't have been so upset with spending the money if it were to fast track my results and in the long run save me money.

Dingo,

maybe you can share which course you are happy with. I have been looking for one myself but it is hard to get one that does what is stated on the tin as we all know. Anyone has any comments on advancetradingworkshop and their 101 course? I have only attended their free trial training rooms for a couple of days. Seem OK. If anyone out there has attended this course any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I'm glad I found this thread! I really need to vent.

I am also a TI victum. There methods suck. Their results are phony and based on past review of data and not actual live trades. Their system consists of stochastic and macd divergence strategy and that it! WOW big f'n deal. I'm so pissed that I got conned by these shisters. And no refund what so ever. Forget it. I tried repeatedly. $6000 down the toilet.

Their so called "pro room" is run buy some dude who has you trading in sim mode about half the time. As I recall you can't make money trading a paper account last I check.

I sat thru one of their demos and expressed interest and boy, before the demo was over, some guy named John was already call me at home trying to get me to sign up. They also have $1000 incentive program for every referral. Geez, I wonder how that's working out for them?

Complete and udder rip off. Stay away.

Hi John,

I feel your pain. I actually purchased the course through a company called Emini's Global and they never disclosed through the whole time that I was actually purchasing a membership through Traders International, they completely mislead me and due to that the Dept of Fair Trading here in Australia believe that I may have a case against them. Anyhow, I made sure that I took there payment plan option and thank god I only paid for half before I figured out enough to know that they were full of crap. Now they've sent me a letter from 21st Century Academy Collections demanding that I make the final payment, needless to say that I called them up and told them to stick it were the sun don't shine! I also demanded that they put in touch with someone so that I can go about getting my refund, and surprise surprise, they promised me someone would contact me, still waiting 2days later. Seems that Emini's Global ( or 21st Century Academy ) are just after as much money as they can steal off a person as they certainly don't want to know you if you have any problems with there program!

You were very smart in doing the multiple payment option. I wish I had done that too. Good luck and I hope they don't trash your credit rating over the final payment deal.

There are so many people on this forum alone that appear to have been harmed by this company that it seems there must be something someone can do to put these buggers out of business.

Ti Scam

TI is just a bunch of F loosers,

And that Lachlan or what ever his name is the one that does the Tuesday night demos "the son of the CEO" is annoying to say the least. Always going on about the army and how he likes the army, but he realized he didn't like the long hours of his superiors.

I was in the Army for a long 6 years and i tell you there is nothing to like about that f%^& hole. If you are not careful the army makes you a bitter and depressed person, I doubt that fool from TI know what the life of real soldier is.

Divergence trading is really really simple but the money management and psychology behind the trading is what will make you successful or not.

You don't need the magic numbers of the TI stoch or macd. Divergence can be done with a number of indicators main ones (macd, stoch & rsi) and the settings don't matter as long as you pick your numbers (lower macd gives more signals but less reliable and higher numbers are less signals but more reliable) and then back test and be consistent. If at the end of your back testing you are making money then deploy your system life.

Last edited:
%150 return

I dont know how they get away advertising something like that. This is how i understand % of return, but you should not even apply such a calculation to daily trading. you sohuld perhaps see how much return you make a month and a year thats more relevant.

TI calculates like this is think.

You buy one contract and have a stop loss of 2 points =$100 (risk)
so your trade goes up by 2 points and you made $100 do this 3 times a night and you made $300 for the night (amusing you only win and dont loose any trades)

TI mentality;
$100 for the trade; $300 profit at the end of the night = %200 profit
or
You place a trade with $100 risk and loose it that's a %100 loss according to TI.

Now the reality:
You investment is $5000 and place a trade with $100 risk and when you make $300 that = %6 profit.
or
You place a trade with $100 risk and loose $100 that's a %2 loss (this is a loos you can absorb and continue trading)

Its a good profit never the less more than the banks give. but you will loose just as much in the market and i think after a month of trading at the least that's when these calculations become relevant, as you will have days or even weeks of losses sometimes.

Last edited:
Operation Get-Your-Money-Back

Hi John, have a good vent on their videos on youtube, it may discourage oher people from getting conned like you and I did.

Shouldnt these people be put behind bars then folks? From most of the reviews so far they do seem like a real stinking scum. Well, we put away murdoff ( idont give a ****s about the correct spelling). maybe you people who have been swindled need to come together, pull some resources and act to get your money back. US$6000 is a lot of money by any stretch of imagination

You can spend the same amount of money learning trading, going on a holiday and stocking you trading account. If you are serious get you charts and pad and play for 6 months, read lots of books then join a trading room for under $100.

I wish I did that!

by the way here are the TI MACD and STOCH parameters free!!!!! These are very close but not exact, I think they have a small offset applied to it.

MACD: FAST 2, SLOW 21, SOURCE H+L/2, SMOOTH 2
STOCH: %K 6, %K SMOOTH 4, %D 2

I have tryed TI and do not like it. Divergence is a a killer in trending markets. Also their trade management has a lot to answer for. 2pt stop and 2 pt target makes any pro trader scratch their head.

better to remember that the trend id you friend!!!

So, what about the "School of Trade"???? At three and a half grand US $ it's somewhat similarly price to the TI scam.
Has anyone had any dealings with this outfit?
Any thoughts on what they have to offer?
Is the "James Wave" knowlege worth the rice tag?
Look forward to responses from anyone in the know.

as the old saying goes "if it looks to good to be true it probably is",ask yourself, if you had a system which gave you a consistent 70% success rate on the s&p e-minis(as traders internationals claim)would you bother sharing that system with others or would you simply keep increasing the number of contracts you trade(from your 70% winnings)and thereby make yourself very very rich in a very very short time!!!.you pays your money and takes your choice,all $7000 of it.t.i. webinars are slick and convincing dont forget theyve had 10 years to perfect them,unlike their trading system which as so many dissatisfied buyers on here tell you still dosent work.having watched many of their webinars and gone right up to the point of pretending to join i can tell you that in my opinion t.i. are a cross between delboy trotter and the old fashioned snake oil salesmen,mind you this is only my opinion i am sure there are thousands of successful t.i. traders out there who would disagree so lets hear from you,relatives of t.i.employees and commision earning salesmens opinions not required.

Like I said in my other post on the same topic (having bought and used the TI method) - trading is not a get rich quick method. there is countless hours of learning and screen time involved. I traded for a year and lost about $10,000 before I became successful at it. T.I claim that they have a 70% win ratio... hmmmm it is always easy to pick your trades in hindsight. The thing that made me good at trading S&P emini futures is pattern recognition the 50% fib retracment and a very good trade managment method. Meaning, I can have a disarstrous 37% win ratio and still come out in front. Not an overpriced trading room or $7000 fee to tell me what a candlestick was!

Educate Yourself

So, what about the "School of Trade"???? At three and a half grand US $ it's somewhat similarly price to the TI scam.
Has anyone had any dealings with this outfit?
Any thoughts on what they have to offer?
Is the "James Wave" knowlege worth the rice tag?
Look forward to responses from anyone in the know.

Not much CableGuy, nothing you can't get from a few books and cheaper trading rooms. In fact you could probably get what you need in the way of usable trading systems from this forum.

Their method is divergence based using a tight MACD and Stoch. Nothing special or ground breaking.