Trader-Dante trader training for spread betting is he any good? Proof not words!

I believe TD went back to work at Futex where he worked a few years back.

Read that on here i think on one of the threads similar to this.

You are so wrong! I do not have any problem with him at all - why so defensive? I'm asking normal logical questions, if you can't see that I don't see the point in you posting here.

Regarding the early post saying trading cannot be taught - utter rubbish. But first it needs a teacher who can actually trade and provide proof of this with no shadow of a doubt.

There really are some strange replies so far, most are of the defensive posture trying to rubbish my position of wanting proof - strange indeed.

Still no proof, still no numbers. Speaks volumes.

proof for who, you. and who the f*** are you that this person should even bother to respond to. If he is coaching why not seek out all the people who are being coached for their satisfaction first. Shame on you, dip****.

I believe TD went back to work at Futex where he worked a few years back.

Read that on here i think on one of the threads similar to this.

As a trainer or as a trader?
Futex seem to have gone into training in a big way in the last few years.

proof for who, you. and who the f*** are you that this person should even bother to respond to. If he is coaching why not seek out all the people who are being coached for their satisfaction first. Shame on you, dip****.

Who am I? A person with a brain between his ears who asks relevant questions. I don't need to follow his work, he got it most of it for free from the James16 free thread on Forex Factory anyway. He discusses a Swing Failure Pattern which is a fake double top or bottom where price closes back from the previous top/bottom, which has been around since the birth of charts. So as he charges struggling people to listen to himself and classing himself as a professional now, he should first show statistics and proof of the accuracy of the pattern along with real live trades he has taken to back up his stories.

Yes apparently he has gone back to Futex after previously slagging it down to learn 5 min scalping using the DOM - hardly a professional is it? There are many questions that need answering.

You are so wrong! I do not have any problem with him at all - why so defensive? I'm asking normal logical questions, if you can't see that I don't see the point in you posting here.

Regarding the early post saying trading cannot be taught - utter rubbish. But first it needs a teacher who can actually trade and provide proof of this with no shadow of a doubt.

There really are some strange replies so far, most are of the defensive posture trying to rubbish my position of wanting proof - strange indeed.

Yes TRADING can be taught, teach the student how to open an account, buy/sell etc, the mechanics of the business.

TRADING can mean anything.

To consistently transact in the financial markets in a profitable fashion, beyond a basic level, takes natural talent (ie the trader must posess these attributes) and is a path to be taken by yourself. Very few can do it, but will hold desperately onto the hope that they will indeed one day wake up with the ability to read the flow, like a young tennis player who seems to be able to understand where his opponent will play his next shot to.

There are a lot of similarities to financial trading and sport. All about forces, momentum and kinetic energy!

But in response to your OP, stay well away.

Yes TRADING can be taught, teach the student how to open an account, buy/sell etc, the mechanics of the business.

I suspect most of the people looking for training are hoping for something a little more substantial than just the mechanics.

Lets be honest, if a potential trainee can't work out how to open an account, or which button to press to buy or sell, perhaps trading for a living isn't the wisest of career choices.

Theres also a lot of potentially long term damage that can be caused by training, and even associating with other equally desperate trainees can be particularly corrosive. Imagine the damage for most new traders when they find out the person training them is as clueless as they are !

That's why it's appropriate question to try to determine if the vendor knows wots wot or not

Trading can of course be taught. If it couldn't, prop shops wouldn't be able to fund anyone. Can T_D teach, who knows?

His posts and his past history at Futex are something that Futex discuss with their interns. I know this because I know a guy that recently went through their internship. They use T_D and his performance at Futex to put them off going to the internet for the answers.

If you go back through all of T_Ds posts on pin bars, you could go through thousands of posts spanning a number of years until you get to one isolated little post on another thread where he says "well, that stuff doesn't work on all markets".

You'd think a disclaimer like that would be on page 1, would you not?

I think L2ST, JPJ Trading if you want to learn about market structure and practical application.

Are you wondering whether to subscribe to his room?

......Trading can of course be taught...... .

Absolutely. And if you accept the proposition that it can only be taught by someone who is/has been a successful trader then you are probably writing off the entire educational system.

A pathologist can explain to you in detail what happens if a dum-dum bullet is fired into someone's head - he has no need to fire one into his own head (or anyonelses' for that matter) to prove it.

Thus the argument is not about whether it can be taught but about what is being taught. And therein lies the problem :devilish:.

Absolutely. And if you accept the proposition that it can only be taught by someone who is/has been a successful trader then you are probably writing off the entire educational system.

A pathologist can explain to you in detail what happens if a dum-dum bullet is fired into someone's head - he has no need to fire one into his own head (or anyonelses' for that matter) to prove it.

Thus the argument is not about whether it can be taught but about what is being taught. And therein lies the problem :devilish:.

great post, I do still think we should use the analogy of the dum dum bullet and use this to the head of the person who created this thread. he who requires proof, even though he does not seek tuition, but is doing this for all traders out there..but really for himself. Lets get him to don his cape of masturbation and stand in the firing line :LOL:

Fk me John - that has to be the worst analogy ever. Seriously - are you going to stick with that?

Can someone that cannot drive teach you how to drive? Of course not.
Can someone that cannot play golf teach you how to play? Of course not.
Can someone that cannot ride a horse teach you how to ride a horse? Of course not.

Your analogy only works if trading is not a skill. Trading is a skill, some people are better than others. A student can have more aptitude than their teacher and become better at what was taught but if the teacher does not have the skill, they will not know how to transfer that skill.

As a trainer or as a trader?
Futex seem to have gone into training in a big way in the last few years.

From the tone of the text it was he was heading back there to trade his
own funds. If you check his twitter im pretty sure it was mentioned on there.

I have nothing against Tom as he's a nice guy and i had a few beers with him
on a T2W meet up 5 or 6 years back. Does know his stuff and lives and breathes
trading and all to do with it.

Fk me John - that has to be the worst analogy ever. Seriously - are you going to stick with that?

Can someone that cannot drive teach you how to drive? Of course not.
Can someone that cannot play golf teach you how to play? Of course not.
Can someone that cannot ride a horse teach you how to ride a horse? Of course not.

Your analogy only works if trading is not a skill. Trading is a skill, some people are better than others. A student can have more aptitude than their teacher and become better at what was taught but if the teacher does not have the skill, they will not know how to transfer that skill.

But can Michael shoemaker pass his skills to other drivers ? i guess not , maybe he can teach them how to drive a forumla1 car but they will never become like him unless they develop their own skills ...

But can Michael shoemaker pass his skills to other drivers ? i guess not , maybe he can teach them how to drive a forumla1 car but they will never become like him unless they develop their own skills ...

Tar i agree with this. I used to train with a guy in Thai Boxing who had been doing the sport for 14 or 15 years from being 5 years old. Others like me at the time were training for 2 or 3 years. He couldn't explain how we could kick like him as it was just ingrained in his head and he just kicked with such power and speed.

Reactions: tar
From the tone of the text it was he was heading back there to trade his
own funds. If you check his twitter im pretty sure it was mentioned on there.

I have nothing against Tom as he's a nice guy and i had a few beers with him
on a T2W meet up 5 or 6 years back. Does know his stuff and lives and breathes
trading and all to do with it.

Great but this has nothing to do with him being successful , i want win rate , avg win , avg loss , max DD , intra trade DD , stops , sharpe ratio , a verified long track record at least few years back during bullish markets , bearish , low volatility , high volatility .... etc , other than that well it is just chit chat , pin bars , head and shoulders , DOM ...etc doesn't cut it cuz all methods of trading infact do work sometimes but not always , the rest depends on the trader himself ....

You serious?

I think the term "skills transfer" is common enough that most people understand that:
- you can't transfer skills you don't have
- you can't guarantee how good the trainee will eventually be
- there are no limits on how good the trainee will eventually be

There is a huge difference between learning a skill and executing a skill. The repeated execution is what makes you good - and that comes after training, although ongoing coaching is common with many skills.

Tar i agree with this. I used to train with a guy in Thai Boxing who had been doing the sport for 14 or 15 years from being 5 years old. Others like me at the time were training for 2 or 3 years. He couldn't explain how we could kick like him as it was just ingrained in his head and he just kicked with such power and speed.

So your point is that some skilled people cannot teach?

Doesn't mean that unskilled people can teach does it?

You serious?

I think the term "skills transfer" is common enough that most people understand that:
- you can't transfer skills you don't have
- you can't guarantee how good the trainee will eventually be
- there are no limits on how good the trainee will eventually be

There is a huge difference between learning a skill and executing a skill. The repeated execution is what makes you good - and that comes after training, although ongoing coaching is common with many skills.

Yes Messi can teach you how to play football but you will never become like him , unless ofcourse you developed your own skills and worked hard but then again you will never become like him . Thats why we have one Messi and one Micheal Jackson .... etc

Yes Messi can teach you how to play football but you will never become like him , unless ofcourse you developed your own skills and worked hard but then again you will never become like him . Thats why we have one Messi and one Micheal Jackson .... etc

I hate to break this to you but....

... no I can't do it...

Someone else tell him about Jacko... :cry:

...Trading can of course be taught..

This is a bit too simplistic in my view as it is too generic and would vary hugely from intra-day trading compared to swing / position trading (which I think is much easier to teach). For intra-day it would make sense to look at a distribution curve and then see if there is a distorted bell curve which I suspect there would be towards the end of being unable to be taught successful trading.

There are many factors that need to be already present in a person before ever starting to learn how to trade on an intra-day basis and in my view most people don't have them.

I also think that for those who are identified as being able to be taught to trade, that it is possible to be taught by someone who is unable to trade successfully themselves.

In a different field we have seen how José Mourinho enabled Chelsea to reach heights not seen before or since and yet he was never a football player himself. So it is possible but it would have to be someone of unique talent and I am sure we would all hear of them if they exist.